Overwatch

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Overwatch

Post by Dan » March 21st, 2020, 12:28 pm

Since 2016, the gaming world has been enthralled with Overwatch, a massive multiplayer first-person shooter (MMOFPS) from Blizzard Entertainment. One of the biggest appeals to the game has been the characters and their personalities. Because the game originally didn't have a story-mode or anything of the like, the backstory and lore was expanded upon through other mediums, in particular animated shorts.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Overwatch

Post by EricJ » March 21st, 2020, 8:29 pm

My game-designer nephew got me--a lone-game player since the days of Sega Genesis--interested to take Blu-ray discs out of my Playstation 4 long enough to get hooked on this, and now nobody beats me as Sigma, Widowmaker or D-Va.
(Although, on a nasty streak, I prefer Symmetra.)
Dan wrote:
March 21st, 2020, 12:28 pm
One of the biggest appeals to the game has been the characters and their personalities.
Agree: This one's got the magic Street Fighter II Factor that Fortnite and Minecraft don't, the kind that makes games a legend of their decade--The kind where you have to know the characters like your own imaginary friends, just to tailor an individual battle strategy to the particular level.
(Or, as Honest Trailers put it, "It's like The Incredibles...only with more murder.")

Last year for Christmas, when nephew asked for first-new-place cooking supplies, I got him the Official Overwatch Cookbook, on the promise that he come back next year and make Tracer's Sticky English-Toffee Pudding. Or at least some of D-Va's Japchae, and Mei's Hot Cocoa with Chinese Five-Spice. :P