Hallmark Ornaments

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Hallmark Ornaments

Post by Daniel » April 19th, 2021, 2:44 pm

Sounds about right. I know I have a few and one Cindy Lou Who. Not many with sound, though. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 12th, 2021, 2:46 pm

Disney Store has taken a page from Hallmark and released a guide of their upcoming ornaments. About time. Lots of nice ones! Loving the Winnie the Pooh book and Eeyore. Really like that Flora and Merryweather are in their human form! You rarely get to see that. Favorite would probably be the enchanted objects from Beauty and the Beast. So cute! If they look as good as the concept, I'm sold! Wish they would stop with the glass baubles, though. So dang fragile! Would've been so tempted for the Dalmatian one. Now to try and decide what I really want between both stores!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 3rd, 2021, 3:53 pm

Hallmark has come out with the cutest ornament series:

ImageImage

Retro ornaments based on the VHS cassette cases. Instantly thought of James when I first saw them. So adorable! You can buy The Little Mermaid on Amazon for $8.99. Also been spotted at Walmart for $7.98. On the link you can see the rest in the series -- Jaws, Jurassic Park, Elf and A Christmas Story. So nostalgic. I have a feeling these will go fast. Definitely want Mermaid!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 3rd, 2021, 9:53 pm

I was literally in a Hallmark store three hours ago and saw these! Still considering it...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 4th, 2021, 1:48 am

If it was Beauty and the Beast I bet you wouldn't have hesitated. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 4th, 2021, 3:57 pm

Do any VHS sentimentalists ever talk about anything besides how much they loved the CASES?

(That said, if I had room for a tree, it would be covered with antique-video ornaments... :mrgreen: )

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by BobTeu » November 12th, 2021, 5:34 am

Yes, for this year I'll check for something new to give a surprise to kids, and from there lots of options to choose special!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 22nd, 2021, 4:21 pm

For those with Disney+ the latest episode of "Disney Insider" shows how sketchbook ornaments are made. It's pretty cool. Would've loved for it to go into more detail, though. It also gives a peek of a release for next year!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2022, 3:40 pm

The 2022 Dream Book is up! (PDF) Regular store link. I'm a little late this year!

Tons of cuties like always. My #1 must is the Genesis Console. Looks perfect! Of course I love that it has the Sonic cartridge, just like how my real one would usually! The sound is so nostalgic, Green Hill Zone! Really takes me back.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Evergreen » August 4th, 2022, 6:49 pm

Those Hallmark ornaments at the top of this page are so cute! I might get the TLM one if it's still available.

The only other Hallmark ornaments I have are three in a villains series they made when I was a child. They were the Evil Queen, Cruella, and Maleficent--they made the characters look just like from the films. I was so disappointed when Cruella was the final one because I wanted an Ursula one so bad. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 6th, 2022, 3:33 pm

Those would be from the "Unforgettable Villains" series. I only have Cruella. It's a shame they didn't continue the line. They released a pretty nice Ursula in 2017:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 4th, 2022, 4:57 pm

Commercial currently making the rounds:

"Oh yeah" indeed. :lol:

Still need to pick up my Genesis. So adorable.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 7th, 2023, 1:56 pm

The 2023 Dream Book cover has been revealed. Advent, fun! I see Mickey's Christmas Carol, likely to coincide with the 40th anniversary. Looks to be a wood frame. And a Sega Dreamcast with what has to be Sonic on the screen. Cute. Not enough to get, though. Never had a Dreamcast, so don't really have an attachment.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 21st, 2023, 3:27 pm

Found some leaks for this years offerings! No pics sadly, but the amount for Disney seems extensive. A bunch of Mickey's, a new one with Walt, Snow White, Sword in the Stone, Robin Hood, Oliver and Company and a couple of 100 year sets. Can't wait to see them!

Also found out this years Pokémon; Snorlax! One of my favorites so that's a maybe. I'm hoping they do Meowth one day.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by blackcauldron85 » March 22nd, 2023, 7:29 am

I just got my Walt Pop in the mail, so I think a Walt ornament would be cute. Snow White, Robin Hood, and Oliver?! 3 of my faves...can't wait until the pics are released. I always like looking at Hallmark ornaments even if I don't buy them. 2022 was the first time we put up a tree that could hold ornaments...so if that continues maybe I could get some...we have some round Pixar ones we got off Etsy years ago...