Official VIDEO GAMES discussion

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 10th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Thanks for that :) it is a bummer but at least they had e-mail :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 27th, 2008, 11:03 am

Now I don't know if there will be a Sleeping Beauty video game,nothing on the sweepstakes,nothing on the booklets in the Platinum Edition (For now),what? the Enchanted Tales games were enough? it's a shame and I"m very disappointed :? I wonder why they won't make a game thought,this is the first time that there's isn't a game for a Princess movie.
Hopefully,the next Princess films will have games.
Speaking of awful-I found screenshots of what might be the PS2 version of Spider-Man:Web Of Shadows,it's really awful:
And I thought that the Spidey 3 PS2 game was bad,gosh,that looks like a PS game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Lol! Well, if it is from the PS2 version of Web of Shadows, wow. Looks fun, though. ;)

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » September 27th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Can't wait for Disney's Bolt video game!

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/0 ... -story.htm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » September 27th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Anyone a fan of Spyro the Dragon?
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Yep, I am! Big fan. I have the all of his PS1 games, and slowly getting all the PS2 ones. Though of course they aren't as great. I'm really looking forward to Dawn of the Dragon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » September 27th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Ah, cool me too!

My Spyro websites are:

[Links removed]

I love Spyro and have been with him all ten years since Spyro the Dragon was given to me with my PS1 in '98. I'm sort of dissapointed that they made it a brawler after it was a platformer so long but I'm trying to remain open-minded about Dawn of the Dragon.
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Sorry, but it's against the rules to promote your website(s), as such I removed the links. Essentially, the main one happens to be in your profile anyway. Nice sites, though! :)

What's this about they made it a brawler? Kind of reminds me of what they did to Crash Bandicoot, adding in combat, bleh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » September 27th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Oh? You haven't played A New Beginning or The Eternal Night then, I'm assuming?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2008, 8:52 pm

Nope, can't say I've had the pleasure. ;) I've read mixed reviews, some even noting the Beginning series are not prequels, but basically a reboot to the series.. wa? Spyro was just fine, why mess with perfection? I've only played Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail from the PS2 era. Their pretty good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Neal » September 28th, 2008, 4:40 am

Wow. Only AHT and EtD? That's quite interesting! EtD is panned by critics as the worst Spyro game. I find that ridiculous, I loved it! Even so, AHT was quite a departure for Spyro and EtD was glitchy.

The true gems and definers of the Spyro series are the PS1 trilogy:

Spyro the Dragon
Spyro the Dragon 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro the Dragon: Year of the Dragon

...made by the same people as Ratchet & Clank and Resistance, these games were not only the best of the Spyro series but also are some of the best platforming games ever.

As for A New Beginning/The Eternal Night - they are a reboot. Their stories in no way connect with the other games and in fact outright contradict them. And they are fighting game. Old Spyro was a platformer. This new Spyro feels like Devil May Cry. Not very much fun, to me!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 28th, 2008, 8:17 am

Daniel wrote:Lol! Well, if it is from the PS2 version of Web of Shadows, wow. Looks fun, though. ;)
It may be fun but if it's the PS2 version more seems like a wannabe PS2 not an actual PS2 game,it looks like a PS game,thought Spider-Man 3 felt cheap it might be better then this,thought the Wii version looks a lot like the PS3,XBOX 360 and PC versions.
And how's Spyro? I haven't played any Spyro game but I have heard of those games and have seen the character.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 28th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Fun! You should check out some videos on Youtube and see how it looks.
Neal wrote:EtD is panned by critics as the worst Spyro game. I find that ridiculous, I loved it!
Wow, I didn't know that! True I haven't finished it, but so far it's pretty good. Is it because of the glitches it's labeled the worst?

Huh, so the Beginning's are reboots... thanks for the confirmation. That's going to be interesting when I get around to playing them. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 28th, 2008, 4:11 pm

Daniel wrote:Fun! You should check out some videos on Youtube and see how it looks.
Okay :D I"ll watch some videos first.
Anyone played Ecco The Dolphin? the PS2 game is sorta boring.
And about the Spider-Man:WOS game-Maybe it's the PSP version and not the PS2 one? I"m pretty sure it's the PSP game,I just can't believe that this is the PS2 version,it's supposed to be like the Wii game.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 29th, 2008, 11:29 am

I didn't even know Ecco had a PS2 game! I use to play that game nonstop on my Game Gear back in the day... next to Sonic. :)