Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by ShyViolet » August 20th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Yes actually...thanks for asking! :). I met a friend of mine there about a month ago. You were only allowed to eat outside but it was still fun. Hope eventually all restaurants will allow indoor seating again when this nightmare is finally over.... :roll:

(Some Slurm would be great too! Lol.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 20th, 2020, 3:23 pm

I hope so, too. Right now I would just settle for all dining rooms to be open to be able to takeout. Without a car at the moment, I've been having to live without some of my favorite places. Yes, I *could* order from one of those delivery apps, but it just sucks having to pay all those fees. Take for example Taco Bell. I literally live 10 minutes from one walking distance, I just can't bring myself to pay like $12 in fees for something I could get myself if given the option. Yes, I'm a frugal (that really shouldn't come as a surprise!) but with how things are right now I'm even more careful. Thank goodness I have McDonald's! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 20th, 2020, 7:23 pm

Oh wow Amen on McDonald’s! :) Glad you still have one open in your area. We have three here but unfortunately other than Drive-Thru/delivery apps they’re not open to the public yet. So I use UberEats, but as you very rightly pointed out, the fees are absolutely ridiculous. So I try not to order too often. (Hard as Mc is my favorite! Lol.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 20th, 2020, 8:14 pm

Daniel wrote:
August 20th, 2020, 2:28 pm
Have you at least been able to get Starbucks again?
Yes. Takeout only, which, in my case, means nothing hot and portable.
So, looks like it's iced pumpkin-spice latte come October.

And now our college-town has even more of outdoor dining taking over the lower half of Main Street, reducing it to one-lane traffic.
But dang, it's nice when you're one of the diners. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 27th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Sorry had to delete Futurama gif. The meme site it came from also has...very unpleasant stuff. I’ll be more careful.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 27th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Thanks, Vi.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 30th, 2020, 1:38 pm

The Home Depot is already setting up for Christmas! :shock: Only reason I randomly bring that up is when I saw it two things came to mind: the Charlie Brown quote "Christmas, already?!" and face masks are probably going to be the number one gift. That's... kind of sad.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 19th, 2020, 10:27 am

So how’s everyone been doing lately?

Yeah Dan, totally agree on how weird this Christmas/holiday season will be. :|

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 19th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Halloween, too.

Doing okay here. Our cases are climbing locally, but still just a fraction of what the US sees per capita. One homeowner just got fined $2000 for having a party that led to 21 cases. Why are people so dumb?

My work is getting busy, despite needing to cancel appointments whenever someone gets the sniffles. Can't be too safe.

Just trying to enjoy the last days of summer, now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 20th, 2020, 1:46 pm

Things mostly still suck here, although at least it’s not broiling hot anymore. :| There’s never been a lot to do in this area anyway, but now with so many limitations it’s even worse.

(Also I still hate wearing the 😷. Ugh, took so many things for granted before this hit.)

Well, anyway, I just re-watched this and even though I’ve seen it hundreds of times before, it did make me feel a bit better. :) Might help to check it out.

https://youtu.be/A1vfxbVuo3k

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 23rd, 2020, 6:39 pm

Daniel wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 1:28 pm
The US death toll now passes 100,000. What a sad milestone. :(
200,000 now. Just awful.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 23rd, 2020, 8:33 pm

Or "a shame", as Resident Chump has it. It’s actually a bit more than "a shame", pal.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 24th, 2020, 4:19 pm

Oh God... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 26th, 2020, 3:25 pm

To the surprise of no-one, Times Square New Year's Eve ball drop has been cancelled and will instead be virtual. For the best, sadly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Ohhhh jeez....well, as you said Dan, it is for the best health-wise. (And is actually a pretty appropriate way to close out this poor excuse for a “year”.)

Praying for 2021 to be better. :|