Coronavirus (Covid-19)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Post by Ben » July 22nd, 2021, 3:42 am

You’re not "lazy" because you are "in despair over yourself", but I do worry that you are clearly looking for support and a little self-pitying, which again you need to find some "proper" people to talk to about. This is not the place or the setting for you to get the help you need. Everyone is going through tough times right now, it is not just you. Please go talk to your usual doctor or healthcare professional that will nudge you in the right direction.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » July 25th, 2021, 6:58 pm

It's also hard for me because I am moving to Lynchburg, and with everything going on in the world, I have fears that I'll be forced to fight a revolution.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 25th, 2021, 8:01 pm

Anything else?

Look on the bright side: at least you’d be in an appropriately named city…

More seriously, I think the thing you’re most in danger of being fearful of…are your own fears. Yes, the world is screwed, but the likelihood of anything like this affecting you in a truly significant way personally are minuscule. Go talk to your doctor…or someone!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » July 26th, 2021, 1:35 pm

Thank you! I just worry too much, especially because I don't want to axe my stories because I sent a character design of mine to a company without thinking. I don't have the money for a lawyer or to pay the company if I lose a lawsuit, but I don't want to give up on the world I created and the characters that populate it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

How do you improve yourself in this world?

Post by GeffreyDrogon » July 30th, 2021, 6:34 pm

Things have been pretty hard for me. Since I'll be moving, I'm planning on getting a job in Lynchburg, but how do I cope with life? I can't work at a garden because I have to get vaccinated, and things have been hard because I have Autism, yet I want to get out of this Working-People-With-Disabilities ghetto. It's been hard for me to live because of what's going on in the world. I have constant fears that I am going to be killed or forced to fight a war I don't want to partake in. I also have to deal with chronic issues that make it hard for me to focus on work.

I want to learn, but I have no way to keep focused.

I want to grow, but I don't have confidence in myself.

What do I do?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2021, 7:13 pm

Geffrey…what do you do? You go talk to someone, as has been repeatedly suggested here, which is an animation site forum that is not equipped to adequately deal with such personal issues.

Please refrain from continually starting up new topics with the same questions: we will only have to merge them together, as again this is not a personal wellness or mental well-being forum.

We unfortunately have no professional contributors that are authorised to be able to deal or help you with this in any meaningful way, and you are in danger of hijacking certain threads with the questions and issues you have that, clearly, we are sadly unable to help you with, as shown in the lack of replies to your posts, other than the repeated advice to get professional help.

You are clearly in need of needing to speak with someone about all you are going through, but we are simply not that sounding board. As before and always, we wish you well, and ask that you find somewhere and someone more appropriate to get the help and reassurance that I you need.

Get vaccinated, and good luck.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » August 15th, 2021, 5:50 pm

I WAS looking forward to moving, but with no job and with the world collapsing around us because of Russia, COVID-19, and Afghanistan, it looks like I have nothing to be happy about or look forward to anymore.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 15th, 2021, 8:42 pm

Afghanistan has been a horror show since well before you were born. Russia has been a problem for decades, as well. Don't let it ruin your day.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » August 16th, 2021, 7:13 am

I apologize for saying that. I got frustrated over something yesterday. That's why I posted that manic comment.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » August 18th, 2021, 7:41 pm

Even if COVID-19 is still a significant problem for us all, let's appreciate what good things have come from animation in the past two decades...

Since I moved in with a lady in Lynchburg, I've been watching Samurai Jack. Who doesn't like Badass Zen Jesus?
https://townsquare.media/site/442/files ... w=980&q=75
I really love that show.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » August 19th, 2021, 8:41 pm

Since COVID-19 is still raging around the world, what shows have you been watching? Have any of you been watching anything animated? I've been recently watching Samurai Jack. I've also been using Blender, reading Crime and Punishment, and playing Minecraft. What have any of you all been doing lately?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 19th, 2021, 10:04 pm

I watch Star Trek every night with my son (just started season 4 of DS9). Other than that, random movies. I don't watch too much in the summer, since I like being outside while it's nice.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 20th, 2021, 1:20 am

I recently purchased a Blu-ray of the 1990s DTV anime series El-Hazard: The Magnificent World, directed by Taro Maki (sort of John Carter of Mars meets The Prisoner of Zenda, with a healthy dose of imaginative 'world design' of its own). I watched the entire 7-episode series over the past week, and found that I enjoyed it much more than I'd remembered from the first time I'd watched it on Laserdisc, in the 90s (when there was several months' wait, between each episode).

The Blu-ray set also includes a 4-episode follow-up series (unimaginatively titled El-Hazard: The Magnificent World 2), which I'd never seen before .. and which, unfortunately, I now wish I hadn't seen; it's a complete 'farce' by comparison to the first story. :?

Though -- the same thing happened to Taro Maki's previous DTV anime, Tenchi Muyo: after a brilliant first six episodes .. it quickly became a parody of itself, and never again reached the heights that first series promised. :(

-----------------------------------------------------

I've been learning Blender, as well .. alongside Substance Painter and Unreal Engine .. using a combination of YouTube, purchased video tutorials, and a few books (also zBrush .. though, I'd already taken several online classes on that software, last year).

My 28-year career as a 'Lightwave 3D' artist came to a rather sudden end, a couple of months ago .. so, I'm basically starting my career over 'from scratch', at age 51. We'll see how that goes .. :|

Health-wise, and money-wise, I'm doing fine .. for the moment. :mrgreen:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 20th, 2021, 2:48 am

Started reading this book:
(So many on my list!)

The Secret Life of Bees https://www.amazon.com/dp/0142001740/re ... 0R5RP2DKKK

:)

Unfortunately, because of Covid/Delta I didn’t go see “Old.” (Didn’t want to sit inside the theater, with or without a mask.).

Spoiler!
But honestly, I don’t really care that much, I read some spoilers on-line and it sounded kinda lame anyway. :roll: Minerals cause aging because of an evil corporation? Give me a break.)

I also kind of had a Covid scare about two weeks ago: coughing/sore throat for about three days. Thank God tested negative; apparently it was just some kind of mild bronchitis.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 20th, 2021, 3:46 am

So now I don’t need to see Old! ;)

(Yes, I know you put it in a hider, but I always have to check those to make sure all is still cool in the hidden world!)

And I can’t say I’m surprised. Night's reveals are always pretty dumb.

Glad your throat cleared up and wasn’t more serious. :)