YouTube Goodness

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by Ben » December 16th, 2022, 7:29 pm

That’s pretty cool! Certainly odd seeing Donald being "nice" to Chip 'n' Dale…perhaps Mickey was appearing in another book at the time and they wanted to vary the characters, or maybe Donald was down to star in Pluto's Christmas Tree (I agree, it’s a lovely little short) until Walt decided Mickey would make it "warmer" (after all, Donald got the fairly similar Toy Tinkers, which is much more of an "authentic" Duck short). Though the book is a neat oddity, Mickey was right for the cartoon. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 29th, 2022, 10:11 pm

What if Star Trek: TNG came out in the 1970s?

https://youtu.be/gHGw7Ods93E

The end drags a bit, but overall worth checking out. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 5th, 2023, 8:38 pm

Original long lost unaired Bear in the Big Blue House pilot:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 5th, 2023, 8:53 pm

Pretty good pilot, and not far off what they eventually went with in the series. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 16th, 2023, 7:29 pm

A few years ago, I contributed to the Kickstarter for this animated short based on the gorgeously-drawn Lackadaisy comics by Tracy J. Butler ..

.. note that this is only the trailer for the short; the completed work is currently scheduled for release in March 2023 .. about a year later than originally intended; but hey, Covid. :|

If you think this looks a bit like Cats Don't Dance .. well, that was one of Ms. Butler's big inspirations for the original comic's concept -- plus her encyclopedic knowledge of 1920s Prohibition/bootlegging culture .. not to mention her own pet cats!

I like to think of Lackadaisy as the backstories of Danny's aunts & uncles, or older cousins. :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2023, 8:31 pm

After seeing that, Lackadaisy: The Animated Feature has Netflix written all over it… :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » January 31st, 2023, 10:17 pm

This is one of the funniest live-action shorts I found on YouTube.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 1st, 2023, 6:03 am

Well that was unexpected!

Not *totally* appropriate for here, but funny, so it stays. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » February 1st, 2023, 8:56 am

The funny thing about that video is that there's a behind-the-scenes video for it...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » February 5th, 2023, 5:12 pm

Well Ben, it's been eight years since SNL graced us with the brilliance that was Bambi starring The Rock.

I rather think pulled off another beauty of a parody trailer.

Eat your heart out, Chris Pratt. :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 6th, 2023, 5:47 am

Not bad…suitably epic — wow, they really went to town on the visuals, huh!? — but someone forgot to bring the funny! A few smirks and amusing bits, but they totally missed leaning into the Mando comparisons…and he’s right there! The actual "joke" just seemed to be doing a dark, dystopian take on what should be bright and colorful but, if you actually took out what comedy there was in it, I think I’d be well more up for seeing this over the film that’s actually coming! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 15th, 2023, 1:51 am

What Heath Ledger would have looked like if he hadn’t worn makeup in The Dark Knight. (DeepFake)

https://youtu.be/LkajGngzjn4

Pretty amazing! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 15th, 2023, 4:54 am

Surprise! Heath Ledger without makeup looks like…Heath Ledger!

Yes, it’s incredible what this tech can do, but what’s the point? 50% of the performance he gave was because of the makeup, which he himself attested to. He simply wouldn’t have given that same performance *without* being in that application, and feeling what it gave him the freedom to explore. Stripping that back is not only pointless, but takes away what made that whole thing work. It’s like elaborate rehearsal footage, or before they "added the CG" to make him look like The Joker. I’m actually sure Heath would hate this.

But, yes, the tech is amazing. And scary,

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 19th, 2023, 10:24 am

Last five minutes of The Dark Knight, but animated and with Kevin Conroy’s actual voice! :)

https://youtu.be/qkrAkrqAGwQ

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 22nd, 2023, 1:19 pm

Pretty brilliant what-if. Wish they would've animated it like the Animated Series, though.