AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by GeffreyDrogon » March 9th, 2023, 12:13 am

Here's another video I really like...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 9th, 2023, 4:24 am

Okay, so Geff, I deleted that link, above, obviously.

It’s not that it was particularly offensive (I remember when that kind of thing was funny, and funnier, first time around in The Kentucky Fried Movie), but you do seem to have a pretty warped sense of humor and there a couple of things in there that were just too "sick" and just felt too out of place on a family site, and one dealing with animation, which it also had no connection to either.

Thanks for understanding.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 18th, 2023, 12:53 am

Awesome tribute to Indy Jones! :)

https://youtu.be/CDCqiHFyVx0

That was pretty good. Started off really well, but it runs a bit long and he’s done the classic thing of having too many clips left over by the end so just shoves in as many as possible in the space he has left, but that music sounds pretty epic. I’d love to hear an authentic Williams version performed by a live orchestra instead of the synths. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 18th, 2023, 2:25 am

Ever wonder whether there was one in-joke too many in Yellow Submarine? :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 18th, 2023, 4:38 am

You can never have too many in-jokes!

But…in this case…the clear case of language after the first shock in that clip means it’s not suitable for our site, I’m afraid, hence the deletion.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 19th, 2023, 7:44 pm

not on YouTube; so, this is 'Twitter Goodness', I suppose. :|

someone remade a fight scene from Ranma ½ in Blender .. and did a rather nice job of it, IMHO! :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 29th, 2023, 4:31 pm

Today is the day! The Lackadaisy 'short' film (now labeled a 'pilot', and clocking-in at 27 minutes!) can finally be viewed in its full glory ..

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 29th, 2023, 7:59 pm

Wow, that seemed to come around quick! Have opened it up in the YT app and can’t wait to check it out first thing in the morning! Looks great!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » March 29th, 2023, 9:19 pm

The Kickstarter campaign for this Lackadaisy film was funded in April of 2020 .. and was initially promised to premiere in April of 2021 (which I knew then was an overly-ambitious completion date). :mrgreen:

Iron Circus Studio kept all backers well-informed of the project's progress, throughout the production .. and all of its extra time & effort was obviously well-spent. Creator Tracy J. Butler was heavily involved in this animated adaptation of her comics, and it shows .. she has much to be proud of, here, IMO. 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2023, 4:52 am

Interesting that it now has a pilot tag assigned to the title, because this still stands:
Ben wrote:
January 16th, 2023, 8:31 pm
After seeing that, Lackadaisy: The Animated Feature has Netflix written all over it… :)
…albeit now as an obvious series pickup for them. Just a matter of time.

Hugely impressive short film, and I love how brave the opening was, fully taking its time for the first three minutes without resorting to audience expectation of a big bang opening, which we got before too long with the chase. Everything here — the writing, vocal performances, sound, the staging — is first class, and the animation is leaps above the usual TV level and approaches feature quality at times.

I do miss the photochemical feel of film animation as opposed to digital ink and paint, as it still looks too clean to me, but that’s a production process issue and nothing to take from this achievement. The longer length and amount of different scenes is also great for making it feel like we’ve seen an entire feature, and touching on established tropes helps lend it a familiarity despite the fresh characters and setting.

Very cool. This project and the whole team really deserve to go on to develop this (the credit sting certainly suggests there’s more to tell!) and/or other great things.

"Ah, right, the, uh, difficult business of, er…business" :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » April 14th, 2023, 9:03 pm

Here is a cute animation I found...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2023, 3:31 am

Not bad! Hadn’t come across this one before, quite a sweet little animation; the one line I would have added at the end when she hands the baby over, to explain why she isn’t freaking out, would be "I always knew how wild you were", and them have them both chuckle and bond over the baby. But that was pretty nicely done and scored (with real musicians!), with a couple of little touches here and there in shots that didn’t need to be done and wouldn’t have been missed but were all the better for having taken the time. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 15th, 2023, 1:21 pm

Very wholesome! Another line that could've worked: "He takes after your side of the family".

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2023, 1:57 pm

Combine them for added subtext: "I always knew you had a wild side". :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 15th, 2023, 2:03 pm

We really complement each other!