Tortoise and the Hare?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2006, 11:28 pm

ShyViolet wrote: Personally, I think Over the Hedge has a much better chance. Yes, not as many people saw it as Cars, but as Barrier's column said in the other thread, that film has its own problems. :wink: :roll:
I haven't seen either but I agree, Over The Hedge seems the likely candidate to win. I only say this because I've heard so much praise for this film, while Cars gets bashed up and down :roll: but we'll see, it might even be a complete surprise and be Monster House, if its even nominated :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 10th, 2006, 11:43 pm

Also, sometimes the Academy likes the "underdog". Pixar has won twice and they've been in the spotlight so much lately, (especially Lassetter) what with the merger and everything. That's not lost on Academy members.

Of course, Pixar used to be considered the underdog, but as we all know, that's changed radically. :roll: :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2006, 12:43 am

ShyViolet wrote: Of course, Pixar used to be considered the underdog, but as we all know, that's changed radically. :roll: :?
You said it used to be :) Thankfully its now considered one of the best. Who knows maybe Pixar will win, third times the charm :wink: Though if Pixar doesn't win, their a shoe in for best animated short. Those are always so cute and original :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 11th, 2006, 12:29 pm

I saw Over The Hedge last week. See, I'm catching up on my animated viewing through the magic that is DVD! :)

I thought it was good fun. A bit "smaller" than I had imagined in terms of sets and characters, but enjoyable. Shandling's turtle was my favorite.

As for Oscars, I really do think Monster House has a very large outside shot.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Ben wrote:I saw Over The Hedge last week. See, I'm catching up on my animated viewing through the magic that is DVD! :)
Your so lucky :wink: And that's what I do as well, wait for the DVD release :)
Ben wrote: As for Oscars, I really do think Monster House has a very large outside shot.
Oh well, its not like I'm devestated :) and I'm a bit curious to see who wins, it makes for good telly :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 11th, 2006, 8:16 pm

I saw Over The Hedge last week. See, I'm catching up on my animated viewing through the magic that is DVD! Smile
Yay! :) Ben's getting caught up, soon we'll be able to know the future again.....:wink:

I still have to catch up myself--Ice Age 2 is being shown at my school in a few weeks so I'll be seeing it then.

Do you really think Monster House has a shot? Wow! I never would have thought. I didn't see it but wasn't too fond of the humor, or the look of it...

:?

How do you feel about Cars' Oscar chances, BTW? :wink:

I liked the Shandling Turtle and Hammy, but I think RJ was my favorite. Generally I think Bruce Willis is not a good candidate for an animted film, but here he just fits the character. :wink:

I think my favorite part was when
RJ got back the food for Thomas Hayden Church's bear (forgot his name!) and he's watching as all his new friends are taken away by Vern the Exterminator and he knows he sold them out.....so sad....really gets to you. :cry: :cry:

That's the best thing about the film--the characters. And I loved them--Avril, Shatner, and especially Eugen Levy's porcupine family! :D
:wink:

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2006, 5:05 am

Um, wasn't Nick Nolte the bear and Thomas Hayden Church was Vern the Exterminator...?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 12th, 2006, 3:24 pm

Yeah, that's how it was.

It's funny, because Thomas Hayden Church and his "Sideways" co-star both played animated exterminators in the same year. :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2006, 7:29 pm

True. I loved Sideways.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 15th, 2006, 7:29 pm

I enjoyed it myself. It was a good way to get two great actors into the spotlight.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 19th, 2006, 1:02 am

I just thought I should put these pictures here, as they seem appropriate somehow. :?

Wonder how the Flushed Away premiere is going to look? :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 19th, 2006, 2:23 am

More mouse-riffic :P

I'm betting as quent as the pictues :) like a family :wink:

BTW: I heard of new commercial that has critic headlines saying its "funnier than Shrek 2" :shock: is this true? I heard it mentioned on another board. If so, than I might actually look forward to it :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 19th, 2006, 11:45 pm

I still don't understand how this could happen. I thought they were getting along really well. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 20th, 2006, 6:23 am

Well, if Flushed Away goes mental and hits big, then look for this story to disappear, obviously.

But The Santa Clause 3 is a very big machine...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 20th, 2006, 10:09 am

Anything's possible. After all, neither company has made this story "Official", correct?