Wolf

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Wolf

Post by Scissorhands » January 17th, 2006, 10:13 pm

www.wolfmovie.com

Anyone here heared of Wolf? Its a 2D animated movie being made by people via the internet. All volunteers (I'm a storyboard artist for it)
I really think this will be really good when completed(its looking good now with the story reels/rough animation we have so far imo)

It has a nice old school vibe to it. Kindof Watership Down and The Secret of NIMH-like.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product. Though it has another two years to go most likely.

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 18th, 2006, 3:30 pm

Actaually, yes, I've hread of it, and I have a lot to say on the subject. But alas, it must wait, I've really gotta finish my homework and I'm going somewhere soon.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 18th, 2006, 5:09 pm

I vaguely remember something on this. Interesting.

If this was a big studio movie, I'm afraid I'd have to scream that it looked like a Balto/Brother Bear combo in design, but it's not, so good luck to the crew.

What's the plan on this? Is it a feature and how are you doing post?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Scissorhands » January 18th, 2006, 11:28 pm

Thanks

Yes, it will be a feature film. Not really sure what its running time will be yet. About an hour and a half-ish.
The plan is to sell it on dvd when its done; just enough to pay for the dvd/boxing itself. We would like to try and get it in some animation film festivals as well.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 19th, 2006, 7:42 am

Okay, before I say anything, I want to ask you a question:

Does the name TLKFAA ring a bell?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Scissorhands » January 19th, 2006, 2:24 pm

mmm, no.
Whats it stand for? The Lion King something or other...?
[img]http://www.gorillaz.it/images/goclinusemur.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 19th, 2006, 3:07 pm

The Lion King Fan Art Archive. I'm almost certain tht other people working on Wolf have heard of it...Just wondering.

Anyway, the final character designs look really - really - really hard to animate. I have my fingers crossed that none of the animators keel over and die before the film's released... :) And do you have the animation tests in a different format than Quicktime? It won't work for me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Scissorhands » January 19th, 2006, 10:57 pm

Oh yeah, I remember that! :D I go there once in a while to look at some of the art.

lol, yeah, hopefully our animators will be alright. They are doing a great job so far. :)

I'm not sure about the different formats; if its up on the website, thats whats avaliable. You could suggest something on the Wolf forums though.
[img]http://www.gorillaz.it/images/goclinusemur.jpg[/img]