A Gummi Bears (Disney) Question for any Gummi Fan

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

A Gummi Bears (Disney) Question for any Gummi Fan

Post by bw1979 » March 13th, 2006, 8:15 pm

Cubbi and Sunni: More then Friends?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya know, I've always wonder if Cubbi and Sunni could have been more then friends, I mean they were always together at times doing things and playing games, if they were happy about something, they'd etheir hug each other close and tight or dance with each other.

Or take for example "Gummi in a Glided Cage" where Cubbi wants to save Sunni right away, and then later when opens her cage to free her, she has that "My Hero" pose at the same time Cubbi winks at her as he opens the door and sets her free.

You know I've always wondered if Disney could have made them more as potential sweethearts (boyfriend/girlfriend) with everything I've mentioned, and if not more so.

But what do you all think? Hmmm...?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 13th, 2006, 9:17 pm

You sir have completely missed the fact that the gummis were (supposedly) R-E-L-A-T-E-D. If Cubbi and Sunny "got together" it would be incest. I assume Disney would frown on that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » March 14th, 2006, 9:55 am

I'm not sure how Gummi Bears reproduce, but I'm pretty sure its asexual. Throughout the series, I never saw any indication of naturally ocurring romantic attraction between any of the bears. (The last season, a magic spell caused Tummi to fall in love with Lady Bane, but that's the only example.)

The Gummi Bears are a family, but none of them are "mates" as far as I can tell.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2006, 5:09 pm

I never really watched the Gummis much, (they were always on right before Duck Tails) but IMO the Smurfs brings up these questions as well.
(There were like 3 females by the end--Smurfett, Sassett and Grandma Smurf.)

I don't think the Smurfs were related, but you never knew exactly how they came to be or reproduced. There was one episode where supposadly this crystal always kept them from aging or something had to be preserved.

There were always cute little hints of attraction between Smurfett and the other Smurfs, with some of them getting jealous over her attention, but never any answers to their reproductive lives. Then one day, a Baby Smurf just appeared out of nowhere...now THAT brings up more questions than I'm ready to think about at this point... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 22nd, 2006, 5:49 pm

...or even DuckTALES.

Don't worry - I know... Just pulling your leg. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2006, 6:53 pm

AHHHHH....I TRIED to get it right this time.... :oops: :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2006, 7:01 pm

You sir have completely missed the fact that the gummis were (supposedly) R-E-L-A-T-E-D. If Cubbi and Sunny "got together" it would be incest. I assume Disney would frown on that.
Well, technically, Simba and Nala getting togethr was incest. (even if they didn't have the same mom either Scar or Mufasa was their dad, making them first cousins if not brother and sister.