Clerks II

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Clerks II

Post by eddievalient » April 12th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Just in case anyone here would be interested to know, Clerks II's release date has been set as August 18th. I personally cannot wait as Clerks is my all time favorite movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2006, 11:00 pm

I haven't seen the first but I want to. I saw Dogma and loved it.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2006, 4:43 pm

I think you should see Clerks before seeing Clerks 2. There's going to be a LOT of crossover stuff that might not make sense.

Also, you HAVE to check out Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back if you have not already seen that. In fact, close this browser and go out and rent it tonight! NOW! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 16th, 2006, 3:05 pm

I just saw a trailer for this on TV...it looks really funny. :)

And I STILL have to see Jay and Silent Bob...will do it one of these days.
:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 16th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Make sure you've seen Clerks and Jay And Silent Bob Strike back BEFORE you see Clerks II.

Apparently there is much back referencing to these particular movies in the script for Clerks II.

Plus, Vi, you really should see J&SBSB right now anyway!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 18th, 2006, 5:16 pm

Will do. :)

BTW Ben, what did you think of Superman?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 18th, 2006, 5:31 pm

My friend showed me this clip of the Clerks animated series. It's hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aBQiQVz ... d%20Clerks

"Who is driving? OH MY GOD! Bear is driving! How can that be?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 19th, 2006, 10:25 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 20th, 2006, 10:18 am

I'm going to see it on Saturday with a few friends. I'll post a review after I get back (I'll probably post reviews to all the movies I see from now on. If I want to be a film critic, I'm going to have to get serious). I rate movies on a scale of five and I'm expecting Clerks II to be at least a 3 1/2 if not better. I am a huge fan of Kevin Smith's work (especially Clerks and Dogma, the latter of which changed my life, but that's a story for another time) so I hope his latest delivers.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 23rd, 2006, 8:02 pm

As promised, here is my review.

I've said before that Clerks is my all time favorite movie (partially because I myself have been a clerk for the past seven years and know from experience how true that movie is). I expected the sequel to be a good film if not a great one, and it delivered in a huge way. Except for one specific scene that I think went too far visually (uncharacteristic for Smith, whose films rely mostly on verbal, dialogue-based humor) the entire film is a flawless, brilliant piece of work that I think is every bit an equal to the classic original. Without really spoiling anything (it's revealed in the first five minutes), the plot of Clerks II finds Dante about to get married and move to Florida. The film chronicles his last day on the job at Moobys and is filled with some good, unexpected twists and turns including a scene so disgusting I gagged and had to stop myself from throwing up. If you want to be warned before seeing it then
With me so far? Okay. the scene, which is probably the grossest thing I've ever seen in a movie, involves bestiality. Randal, meaning well, orders a donkey show as a going away present for Dante. He thinks it's with a chick but it's with a guy instead. The gross part comes after it's implied that the guy has given the donkey a blowjob. He stands up and spits a huge wad of donkey cum back into his hand. Even thinking about it now is enough to turn my stomache.
Unfortunately, that one moment, while it doesn't ruin the film, does detract from it a bit and makes you wonder how in the world the film ever got away with an R rating. But I digress. In terms of character arcs, the story hits all the right notes and satisfyingly ends exactly the way it should. Jay and Silent Bob are in it just enough to be really funny without wearing out their welcome and, indeed, Silent Bob (in my opinion) provides the film's single funniest moment towards the end. A word of caution: If you have not seen Clerks, you will not fully appreciate Clerks II so if you have yet to do so, go thee hence and do so now.

I give Clerks II 4 1/2 stars out of five.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » July 24th, 2006, 1:47 am

The donkey part just sounds wrong.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 24th, 2006, 8:47 pm

I heard that was what made Joel Siegel walk out. :oops:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 27th, 2006, 11:16 am

So this really is a sequel to Clerks as opposed to being View Askew Part 5 or something?

I'll probably catch this, as I did all of Smith's flicks, on the box.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 28th, 2006, 10:32 pm

I think there should be a KS DVD box set. I'd buy it. :)

I recently checked out the screenplay "Dogma" from my school library. Really great script, he's quite smart and got a lot of his inspiration from Paradise Lost. (John Milton's epic poem.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Josh B » July 29th, 2006, 7:39 am

I'm probably going too see Clerks II but first I have too rent the first one. I loved Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and Mallrats.