Favorite voice actors

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2006, 7:24 am

ShyViolet wrote:
Piggy and Fozzie are voiced and performed by other people (Fozzie no-where near as well).
That really disappoints me. I thought it was Frank Oz in those Miss Piggy commercials. Also from what I understand, he only spoke for her in Muppets From Space. (one of my favorite films) :( He didn't perform her though. :?
Nope. Oz only did the voice for Piggy (and not even Fozzie in that film). Now it's a new guy who does Piggy and Fozzie's performing and voices.

Frank is now a big Hollywood director! He has no time for talking pigs! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 20th, 2006, 12:31 pm

:cry:

How can you not have time for talking pigs?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 20th, 2006, 6:14 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Of all the characters he plays, Stewie is my favorite.
Stewie is a fantastic character, though my personal favourite is Peter. He's just so ridiculously stupid. Stewie is definitely Seth's best performance though cause it's so far removed from his normal voice.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 20th, 2006, 7:39 pm

Yeah. Usually all of Seth's voices sound alike. I mean, you can always tell when it's him. But Peter sounds nothing like the others.

And have you ever listened to the commentaries on the DVD sets for Family Guy? Hilarious! I love when he does Stewie's voice and says things he couldn't get away with saying on the show.

~~=oP

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » April 21st, 2006, 5:48 am

No I haven't :( . Unfortunately the first release of the dvds in the UK didn't contain any extras. They re-released them again with commentaries I think but I didn't want to have to buy them again. Season 4 is out over here on Monday which I'm looking forward to as I've only seen the first episode.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hoagiebot » April 23rd, 2006, 7:17 am

I have never really thought of who all of my favorite vocal talents were, other than actors and actresses that I would love to have do voice work for some of my own original animated characters someday! Because of that, the voices you see below were for the most part picked out because I thought that they would also work great for my own creations. Otherwise, I am very sorry to say, I really don't keep the best track of who voices what in every animated feature film. Here is a list of some of the voices that I like. The cartoons mentioned in bold are the vocal perfomances that caused me to become hooked on the actor/ actress, and cartoons listed in plain text are just some other cartoons that the actors have provided voice work for to giv you some additional reference.

Mark Hamil ("The Joker" in Batman: The Animated Series, "Captain Stickybeard" in Codename: Kids Next Door, "Larry 3000" in Time Squad, and many others)

Michael J. Fox ("Milo Thatch" in Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Stuart Little)

Casey Kasem ("Shaggy" in Scooby Doo, Where Are You!, "Alexander" in Josie and the Pussycats)

Tara Strong ("Lena" in Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, "Bubbles" from The Powerpuff Girls, "Raven" from Teen Titans, and many others)

Hynden Walch ("Becky Thatcher" from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, "Starfire" from Teen Titans)

Eva Gabor ("Duchess" from The Aristocats, "Miss Bianca" from The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under)

Bob Newhart ("Bernard" from The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under)

John Candy ("Wibur" from The Rescuers Down Under)

Bill Pullman ("Corso" from Titan A.E.)

Sandy Duncan ("Vixey" from The Fox and the Hound, "Peepers" from Rock-A-Doodle)

I am sure that there are many many others out there that I like, but favorite voice actors and actresses is one tough list to compile!
There's a 68.71% chance that I'm right.
END OF LINE

[b][i][url=http://www.projectdestinystudios.com/]Project Destiny Studios™[/url]
[url=http://www.foxee.net/]Foxee.Net - Home of Foxee™ the Interactive Arctic Blue Fox![/url][/i][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 23rd, 2006, 4:36 pm

Hoagiebot wrote:There's a 68.71% chance that I'm right.
END OF LINE
In answer to your sig: "Cute". ;)

Banned
Banned

Post by Movie-Man » April 23rd, 2006, 5:07 pm

Here are my favroites

Matthew Geczy
Kevin Conroy
Tara Strong
Tim Daily
Mark Hamill
Gregory Snegoff
Chris Latta
Frank Welker
Lorenzo Music
Jodi Forrest
Scott Menville
Corey Burton
Arleen Sorkin
Phil LaMarr
Maria Canals
Jim Cummings
Khary Payton
Ron Perlman
Susan Eisenberg
Will Friedle
David Gasman
Carl Lumbly
Spike Spencer
Michael Rosenbaum
Amanda Winn Lee
John Kassir
Tiffany Grant
Kevin Michael Richardson
Alison Keith
Steven Jay Blum
Sue Ulu
Scott McNeil
Tristan MacAvery
Meghan Black
Samuel Vincent
David Kaye
Sharon Mann
Gary Chalk
Peter Cullen
Wendee Lee
David DeLuise
Beau Billingslea
Clancy Brown
Michael Dorn
Meg Bauman
Brain Dobson
Nathan Parsons
Michael Dobson
Richard Moll
Paul Dobson
Mirabelle Kirkland
Hynden Walch

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hoagiebot » April 24th, 2006, 2:51 am

Ben wrote:
END OF LINE
Just in case you or anyone else was wondering, my quote isn't just me trying to be some kind of intellectually arrogant jerk-- instead my sig is a slightly altered version of a line that was originally said by the Master Control Program in the 1982 Disney film "TRON." The original line was "There's a 68.71% chance that you're right. End of line. because the Master Control Program was commenting on a suggestion made by Dillenger, but what fun would it be to tell everyone else that they're right instead of you in your sig? No fun at all I say!
There's a 68.71% chance that I'm right.
END OF LINE

[b][i][url=http://www.projectdestinystudios.com/]Project Destiny Studios™[/url]
[url=http://www.foxee.net/]Foxee.Net - Home of Foxee™ the Interactive Arctic Blue Fox![/url][/i][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 3:19 am

I'm sorry. I just have to ask this to Movie-Man.

How can you always have like, 50 favorites of everything? There can only be so many things listed before they're not favorites anymore. When I list favorites, I list anywhere from 5-10 things, because out of 50 of some things I like, those are my favorites.

I mean, for example, I could list every single cartoon character that I like, but my favorites would be Violet Parr, Stitch, and Timon & Pumbaa (to name a few, and only a few =P). It just keeps things simple. If you list too many things, you lose people. That's my opinion. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. It's just bugging me.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » April 24th, 2006, 4:02 am

Off the top of my head:

Frank Oz
James Earl Jones

I'm sure there's more, but my brain isn't functioning properly right now. I like Frank Oz for the variety (and quirkiness) of his voices, and James Earl Jones for sheer, deep coolness.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 24th, 2006, 11:38 am

Hoagiebot wrote:
Ben wrote:
END OF LINE
Just in case you or anyone else was wondering, my quote isn't just me trying to be some kind of intellectually arrogant jerk-- instead my sig is a slightly altered version of a line that was originally said by the Master Control Program in the 1982 Disney film "TRON." The original line was "There's a 68.71% chance that you're right. End of line. because the Master Control Program was commenting on a suggestion made by Dillenger, but what fun would it be to tell everyone else that they're right instead of you in your sig? No fun at all I say!

Just to let you know... I got the reference. I don't think you got mine though!

My "cute" was in response to that - it's what Dillenger says to the MCP after that line!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2006, 6:18 pm

Mark Hamil ("The Joker" in Batman: The Animated Series,
Oh my G-d he's AMAZING. :)

Especially in Return of the Joker.

Nope. Oz only did the voice for Piggy (and not even Fozzie in that film). Now it's a new guy who does Piggy and Fozzie's performing and voices.
So...in The Phantom Menace did Oz perform Yoda or was it someone else?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2006, 7:24 pm

My favorite voice artist is, without a doubt, Rob Paulson. Favorite RP role? Digerie Dingo (sp?) from the underrated series Taz-Mania.
I loved him as Arthur in The Tick! :)

Also, he played the representative of "Katzenstock" in the "Where Rovers Dare" Disney parody. (From the "Road Rovers" show.)

And didn't he also play Yacko Warner? :wink: :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Voice actors Part 2

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 11:51 pm

Here's an interesting thought I had. Is there anyone that you think would be a talented voice actor but hasn't voiced anything yet?

My vote goes to Jim Carrey. I know he can do impressions, but he has a great voice to start with. And I just saw Fun With Dick and Jane, so I know he's still got it. =D

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]