trailers

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 9th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Meg wrote:Well, it's too late in Eragons' case - the movie comes out next week, doesn't it?

It does :? That's speedy! Ok, than I take back what I said. There's zero hope for it now....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 9th, 2006, 10:43 pm

I love the Shining too! That was an interesting trailer Mickey, thanks. I mean Josh, sorry! :) :oops:

And I love the Charades one too! :)

I saw the Excorcist one and some clips of the film on youtube...very unsettling...but I guess I can see how it can be "funny" too... :?

Also, I had the BFI book on the film from my school library for a while, so I know about the making of the film (although I've never watched it in full.) and that made it less scary for me.
BTW BFI books rule!!

I'll have to watch it all one of these days...:roll:

But yeah...I guess the scenes are scary but I don't really take the idea seriously or believe in possession much. I know the Emily Rose film showed the girl's POV a little more, so I would probably find that one scarier.

Also, one more thing about demonic posession: (and then I'll drop the subject ':P) remember that for many years--centuries--what people judged as demonic posession was actually madness, or mental illness. That girl seemed more like a mentally ill person than a demon, other than the special effects and voice-over of course. I think that's how a lot of these "behaviors" eventually became interpreted as demonic posession and eventually showed up in literature and film.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 10th, 2006, 2:06 am

ShyViolet wrote:I love the Shining too! That was an interesting trailer Mickey, thanks. I mean Josh, sorry! :) :oops
Glad you enjoyed the trailer, Vi. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2006, 8:41 am

I just can't Exocist seriously at all. The whole thing seems staged and just like you're watching a movie...nothing "real" about it. Plus it's just so over the top I can't help but laugh.

I love the reference in "InnerSpace" at the end too (if you know what I mean, you know what I mean), where Marin Short confuses a line from Exorcist with Alice In Wonderland...very, <I>very</I> subtle, and most people miss it.

BTW, Vi, just what is that sig line all about!!?? :shock:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 10th, 2006, 2:15 pm

If I didn't know any better, I would say that was a line from The Simpsons!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 10th, 2006, 6:33 pm

It is....from "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson" one of my fave eps in Season 8.

When Marge goes into the Pretzel business. Jack Lemmon spoke that line as a guest star, playing "The Pretzel guy" I guess. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 10th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Yay! I knew it had to be from the pretzel episode :D

Those petas always look so delicious when I watch the episode ;)

Oh and one of my favorite lines "This is our chef, christopher! *mutters in foreign tonge*" :lol: classic!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 10th, 2006, 6:54 pm

Yeah, the Pita bread! I so agree, specially since I used to eat Pita and Falafel all the time (being from Israel and all.) "What's Ta-hi-ni?" "Flavor sauce!" :lol: I never liked Tahini on mine however....:roll: But I looooooove Falafel.

You can't get it where I live now however....:(
Oh and one of my favorite lines "This is our chef, christopher! *mutters in foreign tonge*" classic!
I love that joke too Daniel.

And oh yeah, your Charlie Brown avatar is so cute! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 10th, 2006, 9:20 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Yeah, the Pita bread! I so agree, specially since I used to eat Pita and Falafel all the time (being from Israel and all.)
You did? That's so cool! :)
ShyViolet wrote: "What's Ta-hi-ni?" "Flavor sauce!" :lol:
Love that line!
ShyViolet wrote: You can't get it where I live now however....:(
Aww, that's a bummer..
ShyViolet wrote: I love that joke too Daniel.
I knew you would ;)
ShyViolet wrote: And oh yeah, your Charlie Brown avatar is so cute! :)
Aww, thanks a lot! :)

Its just for Christmas, though ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » December 12th, 2006, 6:39 pm

My favorite trailer (one of them)... Oh DREAMGIRLS. I'm going to die when I see that movie.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 12th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Then don't see it.

You don't want to die, do you?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 13th, 2006, 7:42 am

Hahahaha.... ;)