What can theaters do to attract more people?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Thalia-is-Crazy » June 18th, 2006, 1:37 pm

And more bathrooms dude.

And breaks in the film to visit them.

CHEAPER SNACKS!
I mean, [expletive deleted], they costs too much.

Have theatres for annoying loud kids under 5 years old. And a babysitting service where kids watch movies with caretakers while their parents watch a movie they actually WANT to see.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 18th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Yes! However, we need bigger bathrooms, not more. And cleaner ones, too. Do you have any idea how many toilets I have to flush because people are too lazy and sloppy? *shudders* The horror...

Yes! We need cheaper snacks. The cheapest candy where I work at is priced at $2.50.

Yes! The kids are annoying! LOL It is my strong belief that it's all due to the parents. Lots of parents dump their kids at the theater where I work and leave them there for nearly the whole day thinking that they can keep themselves occupied. They treat the place like it's a dang playground. They drive the innocent movie watchers mad. They'll be running down the hallways and talking and laughing in the doorways of the rooms! I wish there was a solution.

And it doesn't help that we're located near downtown Youngstown. That gives you an idea of the kind of kids we usually get.

And as for this:

Thalia-is-Crazy wrote:It's not the movie theatres,
ITS THE MOVIES!
That's true to some degree, but from a worker's point-of-view (mine), it's the theaters. Watching a movie in a comfortable, clean, and calm theater makes the movie-going experience a HELL of a lot more enjoyable. Unfortunately, that is not the case with where I work.

The best movie theater I've ever been to is the one in Downtown Disney. Go figure. :roll: :)

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 18th, 2006, 11:11 pm

PixarVixen wrote:Yes! However, we need bigger bathrooms, not more. And cleaner ones, too. Do you have any idea how many toilets I have to flush because people are too lazy and sloppy? *shudders* The horror...

You'd better get paid well.

So, is it true that the men's room is always more dirty than the girls room? ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 18th, 2006, 11:46 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:You'd better get paid well.
You'd think so.

And I couldn't tell you anything about the men's room since I'm not permitted to go inside. Heh. But I wouldn't be surprised if the women's room was worse. Just about everyone that comes to our theater is equally revolting.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » June 19th, 2006, 3:13 am

PixarVixen wrote:And it doesn't help that we're located near downtown Youngstown. That gives you an idea of the kind of kids we usually get.
Would that be the Ohio Youngstown? *ponders* I guess I'd never been up that way, but I'll take your word for it. We have a nice Marcus theater near us... it's the dollar theater that tends to be gross, though. And it does make at least a little difference.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 19th, 2006, 3:27 am

Yes, it's Youngstown, Ohio. What other Youngstown is there? I'm curious.

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 19th, 2006, 9:39 am

it's the dollar theater that tends to be gross, though. And it does make at least a little difference.
Funny, by us the dollar theater is nicer.
It's not the movie theatres,
ITS THE MOVIES!
I think it's a combo of both. And I don't think it would kill most theaters to put in a small kids room, filled with toys and stuff so parents can see an adult film without having to worry about their kids.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 19th, 2006, 11:53 am

Some theaters have those. They'd have to be well supervised, though, so that kids wouldn't go missing or anything bad like that.

Funnily enough, PV, the toilets at my theater flush themselves. :P
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 19th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Futuristic! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 19th, 2006, 2:37 pm

The only thing in a bathroom that I haven't seen automated is the toilet paper roll. But I'm sure that will change...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 19th, 2006, 2:39 pm

That might actually be useful, since sometimes it's hard to get at that paper; the roll is stuck in there or you can't peel off any paper. Or it rips before you can get it.

Oops, sorry if this was more than people wanted to know. :oops: :P
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 19th, 2006, 4:01 pm

So true...So true...

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 19th, 2006, 4:51 pm

My theater doesn't have automatic TP.

But we do have the paper seat covers, for which I am very grateful. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PixarVixen » June 19th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Automatic flushing toilets...Must be nice.

And my theater IS a dollar theater. That's why everything at the concession stand is so darn expensive. It's a total rip off.

I'll spare everyone the tales about the toilet paper though. ;P

~~=oP
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » June 20th, 2006, 3:30 am

PixarVixen wrote:Yes, it's Youngstown, Ohio. What other Youngstown is there? I'm curious.

~~=oP
None that I know of. But you never know. ;)

Hmm... a kids' room... so kinda like a miniature daycare right in the theater? That could probably work for some people.