Help with rendering DVD

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Help with rendering DVD

Post by mr. squarepants » July 7th, 2006, 3:48 am

If someone could and would please help me with a technical problem I'm having, I'd tremendously appreciate it.

I'm currently working with Pinnacle Studio Plus v.9 video editing software. The problem is that I don't have much time to get a certain amount of DVDs done. With that said, when creating the master DVD, rendering, for me, takes an incredible amount of time - almost eight hours.

Does anyone know how I can speed up this process - other than simply getting a faster computer?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by i_cartoon123 » August 3rd, 2006, 12:28 pm

i'm not familiar with pinnacle studio, but with other dvd authoring applications you have the ability to allow background encoding. a pretty nice way to pull double-duty whilst designing your masterpiece.

hope this helps

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 3rd, 2006, 1:51 pm

I'm afraid DVD "rendering" is just a very time consuming process. The best you can do is set it up and then let it run overnight when your computer is inactive anyway.

I'm assuming since you mentioned "creating the master DVD" that you already know that after you create the first disc you can very quickly just copy the rest of that disc that you need.