Scariest movie you ever saw?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 29th, 2007, 7:14 pm

Daniel wrote:Ah, I've never seen the original. Been meaning to for awhile.

And yeah, I heard the sequel is very bad. Such a shame, since the original was so good and left a nice subtle cliffhanger.
Well, you might find the original a bit dated and I tad bit well let's just say when the ending comes you'll say "That's it? That's all?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2007, 10:04 pm

Haha, yeah I've heard.

I wish they would show it on TV already. They always give the sequels, but I just can't sit through them; they're just so bad and confusing. Kinda like those Excorcist sequels. :P

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 29th, 2007, 10:25 pm

Daniel wrote:Haha, yeah I've heard.

I wish they would show it on TV already. They always give the sequels, but I just can't sit through them; they're just so bad and confusing. Kinda like those Excorcist sequels. :P
Well, the original is availible for rent like Blockbuster or Hollywood Video; you could find it there. Anyway, what are your thoughts on Masters of Horror?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 29th, 2007, 11:54 pm

True, and I probably will rent it one of these days.

And, um, is that the show on Showtime? I don't have premium cable, so I can't really comment.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 29th, 2007, 11:58 pm

Daniel wrote:True, and I probably will rent it one of these days.

And, um, is that the show on Showtime? I don't have premium cable, so I can't really comment.
Yeah but the good news is that a Season One box set is coming.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2007, 8:58 am

Code Horror...we've somewhat been through all of this before, haven't we?

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 30th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Ben wrote:Code Horror...we've somewhat been through all of this before, haven't we?
This thread is about the scariest movie you've ever saw, right? I was just asking him which episodes are the scariest.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2007, 9:37 pm

Yeah, so why did you ask about a TV show. :?:
Code Horror wrote:Yeah but the good news is that a Season One box set is coming.
That's good for fans of the show, but I don't think I'll ever buy it, much less rent it. From the previews I've seen, it doesn't look like my cup of tea.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 30th, 2007, 10:12 pm

Daniel wrote:Yeah, so why did you ask about a TV show. :?:
Code Horror wrote:Yeah but the good news is that a Season One box set is coming.
That's good for fans of the show, but I don't think I'll ever buy it, much less rent it. From the previews I've seen, it doesn't look like my cup of tea.
I was just curious if you saw it that's all and really? I've seen the show it's pretty good but it does have its ups and downs I mean there is one episode that really isn't a good one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 31st, 2007, 8:35 am

Sorry for never acknowledging your question. I must have never seen it! Razz

Anyway, no, I have not seen it. And nope, its based on a true story.

I can however, tell you that my mom LOVES scary movies and really hated this. I forget why, but I think she said the trailers were very misleading. Hope that helps! Smile

No prob Dan! :) Glad to have your answer. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 31st, 2007, 9:43 am

Saw IV just got an NC-17 rating...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 31st, 2007, 10:09 am

Why people enjoy those movies is beyond me. Disgusting.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 31st, 2007, 1:54 pm

Meg wrote:Why people enjoy those movies is beyond me. Disgusting.
They just do, it's like the P.T. Barnum effect only instead people want to fooled, they want to scared and disgusted. That and boys probably take their girlfriends to see those films just to put their arms around their girlfriends if they get scared.
Ben wrote:Saw IV just got an NC-17 rating...
I read about that, they'll get an R Rating somehow but you know at Comic Con, when Darren Lynn Bousman confirmed that Saw IV got an NC-17 rating, it earned a huge applause from the audience.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 31st, 2007, 4:50 pm

I have III here to watch but haven't gotten around to it. I actually get a kick out of the Saw movies, for what they are, and am impressed with the raw nature of them and the twists and turns. Plus you can't (yet) say two films are alike.

Only thing though, and don't spoil this for me, but it sure looked like a major character was dead at the end of the second and yet he's listed in the third, which I will watch soon...

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » July 31st, 2007, 5:35 pm

Really, you do? That's awesome, I'm a huge fan of the Saw films and I, for one can't wait to see Saw IV.