Scariest movie you ever saw?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Scariest movie you ever saw?

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 8th, 2007, 1:33 pm

Pocahontas II,why Disney? why? who could they?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 8th, 2007, 3:12 pm

To make money. :)

Seriously though, I like Pocahontas II. The whole John Smith thing didn't irk me, so maybe that's why.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 8th, 2007, 3:15 pm

At least it stuck to the "story" as we know it. They didn't go off on some made up tripe the way Tarzan II did.

I'd have loved to have seen Tarzan continue properly, especially considering the animation crew were really upping their game around then.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 9th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Daniel wrote:To make money. :)
That's still not a reason,their love was amazing and they promised so much.and then... John Rolf came,bah.
For me it's the worse sequle ever,even worse then The Little Mermaid II.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 9th, 2007, 1:36 pm

It was a joke, silly. ;)

At least Pocahontas II was original, and had memorable songs ("Where Do I Go From Here") which is more than I can say for The Little Mermaid II: Return to The Sea.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 9th, 2007, 3:28 pm

Daniel wrote:It was a joke, silly. ;)

At least Pocahontas II was original, and had memorable songs ("Where Do I Go From Here") which is more than I can say for The Little Mermaid II: Return to The Sea.
Oh :o.
Yeah,Where Do I Go From Here is good,unlike The Little Mermaid II's songs but still.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 9th, 2007, 4:43 pm

Oh cool, glad this thread is back! :)

Actually, I HAVE seen a pretty darn scary movie recently--1408 starring John Cusack.

It basically involves a "haunted" hotel room.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1408/

It may sound trite but TRUST ME, this movie is SCARY. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT watch it alone. :shock:

It may not be Excorcist, The Ring or The Others type scary, but it's close. Very psychological horror. (The opposite of Saw-type movies. :roll: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2007, 3:38 am

Yeah, I've heard. So did you watch it alone and that's why your warning us, Vi? ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2007, 9:31 am

Wait...1408 is scary?

Have you SEEN Kubrick's The Shining, Vi?

1408 was a pale, pale, <I>pale</I> rip-off/imitation of that much, much better film (and several others).

Not in the same league as The Shining, but I suggest you see Cat's Eye as well.

1408 was laughable, plotless, pointless and, most of all...very, very dull.

--------------

Pocahontas II was made for money. Nothing less.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2007, 3:09 pm

No way! :o

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 10th, 2007, 3:13 pm

No way on 1408 or Pocahontas II?

Either way, I win. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2007, 4:32 pm

Poca. Twas a joke, since all Disney sequels are made for money. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 10th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Yeah, I've heard. So did you watch it alone and that's why your warning us, Vi? Wink
Nah, I saw it in a screening here.... :P but I still don't think anyone should watch it alone! :wink:

1408 was a pale, pale, pale rip-off/imitation of that much, much better film (and several others).

'Course I've seen The Shining, Ben! :) Many times. I just know it so well by now that maybe it doesn't have the same impact....some scenes still terrify me, though, mostly Grady in the washroom scene, the twins in the hallway, and general feeling of DREAD in the movie. :?

In the back of my mind, I guess, even while I was enjoying 1408, I realized that it wasn't a "great" movie and ripping off others like The Shining, (although technically both are King stories so is King "ripping himself off"? :wink: But that's only if you don't separate the films from the books, which are both quite different from each other.)

I guess like Evan Almighty, I tried to see 1408 for "what it was."
It did frustrate me that you NEVER find out why the heck any of the stuff is happening (Especially with his dead daughter).....but some of it was pretty darn scary. Particularly the clock radio stuff..... :? Just the surreal imagery, the feeling of dread....and Samuel L was genius. :P )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 10th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Yeah, I've heard. So did you watch it alone and that's why your warning us, Vi? Wink
Nah, I saw it in a screening here.... :P but I still don't think anyone should watch it alone! :wink:

1408 was a pale, pale, pale rip-off/imitation of that much, much better film (and several others).

'Course I've seen The Shining, Ben! :) Many times. I just know it so well by now that maybe it doesn't have the same impact....some scenes still terrify me, though, mostly Grady in the washroom scene, the twins in the hallway, and general feeling of DREAD in the movie. :?

In the back of my mind, I guess, even while I was enjoying 1408, I realized that it wasn't a "great" movie and ripping off others like The Shining, (although technically both are King stories so is King "ripping himself off"? :wink: But that's only if you don't separate the films from the books, which are both quite different from each other.)

I guess like Evan Almighty, I tried to see 1408 for "what it was."
It did frustrate me that you NEVER find out why the heck any of the stuff is happening (Especially with his dead daughter).....but some of it was pretty darn scary. Particularly the clock radio stuff..... :? Just the surreal imagery, the feeling of dread....and Samuel L was genius. :P )

Oh, I've heard of that one...isn't that sort of a Creepshow-like anthology of fours stories?

I've seen Creepshow BTW....there are some movies that even if they don't show that much blood, I really can't handle...that's one of them. :?

:wink:

Sorry, I don't know why I keep double posting!!! :oops:

I'll try to be more careful.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 11th, 2007, 3:21 am

Its ok, its beyond your control, Vi. :) Are you getting little pop-ups when you submit, and that's why you end up double posting?

Also, while were on the subject, can you cut down on the bold quotes? It makes reading your posts a little difficult sometimes. Thanks! :)
ShyViolet wrote:Nah, I saw it in a screening here.... :P but I still don't think anyone should watch it alone! :wink:
Ah, lucky! I bet they showed it because its October, huh?