AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » October 12th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Sorry, I messed up the poll. :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 12th, 2006, 4:22 pm

That's ok JV :wink:

My choice would be "Toy Story 2" one of my favorite songs from it was Jesse's song. Its so sad and beautiful :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 12th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Ooh, that's tough. Finding Nemo and The Incredibles tie for my favorite, but I really like the Cars one too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2006, 2:28 am

Is the Cars soundtrack that good? If it is I really need to see the film :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 13th, 2006, 6:15 am

No contest Incredibles. Probably one of the best scores of the past ten years. Great action piece, would have been even better if Incredibles had more scary, intense scenes! Oh, well, maybe the sequel...

Runner up: Monsters Inc. LOVE that soundtrack. The very last scenes with Mike rebuilding the door for Sulley and when that music plays....a real tear-inducer! :) (Also I love "If I didn't have you!" I think it won for Best Song.)

Also have to mention Finding Nemo...especially the opening music.
Also a tearjerker type of score! :wink:

Bug's Life is awesome too, plus it's my fave Pixar film. Love it!

About Cars....*sighs* Well, some of the pop/oldies songs are great, and "Real Gone" by Sheryl Crow is EXCELLENT (hope it gets a nom BTW)

But the Randy Newman stuff....is pretty dull. I have the score myself and it's pretty bland. It's not his fault though...it's the lame script and by and largely unsympathetic charcters...he did the best he could.

And "Our Town". Ummm....well, if you like syrapy, maudlin sentimentality, this one's for you! :roll: It basically outlines the film's theme, of general boo-hoo no more.... small towns...or something.

Maybe if it had been more specific, like a "Lightening and Sally" or "Lightening and Mater" or "Lightening sees the error of his ways" type of song, it might have been better. But "Our Town"???? The audience is supposed to identify with a "Town"??? Only a Lassetter movie could actually have a song like this. It's like, imagine if Toy Story 2 hadn't been about Woody at all, but the whole thing was based on "Woody's Roundup" getting cancled because no one wants to see an old-fashioned cowboy show anymore, everyone is into "space toys" or more high-tech stuff. (And there was a song about it.) That's basically what Cars is. At least in Toy Story 2, they kind of poke fun at the "old stuff" which give it a lighter touch. In Cars, alas, it's as treacly as can be.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » October 13th, 2006, 6:29 am

I dunno, I like the main theme that runs throughout the Cars score. Unfortunately, it's really the only theme that's repeated. Oh well... at least I like it. And there's a seriously impressive trumpet run in "The Piston Cup" along with a section that makes me spontaneously air-conduct. :D
As for the songs with lyrics... well, I've always preferred score over songs-with-words... though I do like "Real Gone."

My favorites...? Probably Bug's Life and the Incredibles. Which are also near the top of my favorites... I'd say THE top, but I have 3 Pixar movies up there and have extreme difficulty trying to rank those three against each other. :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » October 13th, 2006, 8:48 am

fixed

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » October 13th, 2006, 8:54 am

James wrote:fixed
Thanks!
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » October 13th, 2006, 8:58 am

Daniel Jake wrote:Is the Cars soundtrack that good? If it is I really need to see the film :P
The Cars soundtrack is really really good! You should defiantly see Cars it is a really great movie.
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 13th, 2006, 3:30 pm

JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR wrote:
Daniel Jake wrote:Is the Cars soundtrack that good? If it is I really need to see the film :P
The Cars soundtrack is really really good! You should defiantly see Cars it is a really great movie.
Well.....since I know your a big Pixar fan, I'll take your word on it :wink:

Hopefully I'll see it soon, and if not there's always Christmas :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 15th, 2006, 4:28 am

Finding Nemo, for sure.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 15th, 2006, 9:00 am

Yeah, DJ, Cars is a really good movie! It wasn't my favorite Pixar movie but it was the best film I've seen this year.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 15th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Meg wrote:Yeah, DJ, Cars is a really good movie! It wasn't my favorite Pixar movie but it was the best film I've seen this year.
Wow :shock: that says alot! Now I'm really anticipating to see "Cars" :D.

I also love Bugs Life's soundtrack, those songs are still stuck in my head, after all these years :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 15th, 2006, 4:37 pm

But "Our Town"???? The audience is supposed to identify with a "Town"??? Only a Lassetter movie could actually have a song like this.
But the town was their home. The song was about losing what you once had. In a way, it's about all the characters because of that. You identify with them. Not the town itself. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."