David Spade: 7

Val Kilmer: 8

James Woods: 9

Kevin Spacey: 9

Samuel L Jackson: 6

Demi Moore: 5

Sharon Stone: 6

John Goodman: 8
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 29th, 2006, 6:24 pm

John Goodman is okay, but he uses the same voice for every character he plays.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 29th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Because he's John Goodman. They don't hire him to "do" a voice. They hire him to be John Goodman! And it works! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 30th, 2006, 12:01 am

I wonder why he doesn't do tv cartoons. Patrick Warbuton does, and he basically has the same voice for every character :?

My favorite out of the list would be Daveigh Chase! 10/10 she's just outstanding! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rothlor » January 25th, 2007, 11:17 pm

My favorite, although he is usually a support role, John Ratzenberger. His voice cracks me up. Star power is just that.
Mark Hamil does alot of voice work, He is a great voice actor, not whiney like Luke going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters.
Here is a link for Mark.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 1:20 am

Yeah, Mark is awesome. 8)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 26th, 2007, 8:22 am

Actually, I'm something of a Warburton basher due to the same schtick in every film, but he did a <I>great</I> job in Hoodwinked.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2007, 12:49 pm

I wonder why he doesn't do tv cartoons. Patrick Warbuton does, and he basically has the same voice for every character
He was in Father of the Pride, wasn't he?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 26th, 2007, 1:56 pm

Yes!

I plum forgot, though, how could I not. Bleh! :x :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 26th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Ha, I know what you mean!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 26th, 2007, 3:44 pm

True, dat!

Though, I loved the animation. Truly stunning! Everything else, not so much. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » January 26th, 2007, 8:52 pm

It's all about good characters. I can't stand Eddie Murphy as Mushu. I absolutely adore him as Donkey.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 10:58 pm

Me too, Sull. :) And this has nothing to do with Dis/DW but the fact that we never learned why Mushu ever really got to care about Mulan or saving the Fa family or anything like that. He just acts the way the film instructs him to.

IMO Donkey's a much rounder (thematically complex) and more appealing character.

BTW about FOTP...I haven't spoken much about it since I quite unfortunatley never got to watch the darn thing :x, but I finally was able to watch the pilot episode..I thought it was great, very funny and just plain weird, maybe a little crazy but very well-written. Most sitcoms just put me to sleep, they're so incredibly fake with all their nudge-nudge wink/wink aren't we hilarious Jimmy Fallon/Tina Fey type humor that makes me want to hurt someone....I actually laughed through this thing.... :P Very rare for me....

The only problem I saw with this was the extremely wrongheaded marketing of it as a family comedy, which it is NOT, but a fun show for a mature audience.

The shallow and hypocritical reviewers who bashed this as innappropriate are the same exact people who raved about a repellent show like Wonder Showzen that exploits kids and has animation sequences of what are seriously the most disgusting and inhuman perversions you can imagine....compared to WS (and Adult Swim, and most prime-time shows nowadays) FOTP is positively Father Knows Best!!! :shock:

(BTW I'm not condemning anyone here who didn't care for it, it's your opinion and you have every right to it, I'm just condemning the critics who got on the DW bashing bandwagon as usual and trashed a show they probably barely watched at all....then used the excuse that it's "offensive", as if they actually would care if something was....:?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 27th, 2007, 10:57 am

Eh. I still don't like it. The animation was top-notch for a TV show but the whole thing came off as bland to me. (Such a shame, too, it could have been so awesome...)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 27th, 2007, 1:21 pm