Big Star Voice Actors--pro or con?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 17th, 2007, 6:59 pm

:P That "Unbreakable Script" was hilarious!!!
Despite all the A-List cast members, it was still one of the worst films i've ever seen....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 20th, 2007, 3:55 am

Glad you liked it! :wink: Rod Hilton is awesome.

His site is www.the-editing-room.com

His scripts are great, but be warned there is some profanity in them (which I guess you could tell. :wink:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by grandmahelene » February 28th, 2007, 3:12 am

8) My personal faves would include Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy and Jon Lovitt --- and let's not leave out the entire voice-over crew of "South Park"; to anyone who follows the show, those people are celebrities, in and of themselves! I have a grandson just over two years old, so I watch quite a lot of children's TV (and listen!) --- and I'd like to hear comedienne Sarah Silverman and comic Jimmy Kimmel doing some stuff for kids --- not just "Crank Yankers"! (If Jon Lovitt isn't too high-and-mighty, since he's doing "Fairly Odd Parents" and Charlotte Rae ("Facts of Life"'s Mrs. Garrett) can do "Caillou", what's wrong with those people?!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 7th, 2007, 7:33 am

Please,

Can we get a moratorium of at least a few years where WB Animated ISN'T forced to use actors from Buffy, Angel, or Firefly for new WB Animated projects?

It's getting to be ridiculous!

||
||
||
||

{Makes me think Joss Whedon has some incriminating, damning pictures of the WB animation producers hidden in a secret vault...} :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

WB Animation Versus ---

Post by grandmahelene » March 7th, 2007, 12:39 pm

:lol: Nice one, George! Personally, though, WB lost me, back when Mel Blanc died. (Now there was a guy who knew versatility in voice-overs!) There's so much else out there for children, now: more of Disney; PBS kids and PBS Kids Sprout; Nickelodeon. 3D animation has done some beautiful work, in particular, especially for children under school age. (Can't go without that demographic, you know. Kids over about age 6 --- start either limiting their contact with animation --- to video games --- or else they're watching MTV, instead!)

Who would you like to hear doing some "looping"?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 7th, 2007, 12:47 pm

grandmahelene wrote:and let's not leave out the entire voice-over crew of "South Park"; to anyone who follows the show, those people are celebrities, in and of themselves!
Did you know then that south park is voiced by just 3 people?

- Trey parker and Matt stone ( they do almost all the voices )
- Mona Marshall ( female characters )

Off course sometimes people come in to do additional voices but most of the time it's just these tree

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

"Sa-WEET! Kick A**!"

Post by grandmahelene » March 7th, 2007, 1:10 pm

I actually did know that about the "South Park" voices (--- and let's not leave out "Salty Balls", himself, Isaac Hayes!) Those two boys (Matt and Trey) are another example of voice-over versatility.) As a former student of Developmental Psych, the big kick I get out of "South Park" is that it's written and illustrated as though it were intended to be coming from the point-of-view of, in fact, some eight or nine-year-old little boys --- and that's what's "sa-WEET" and "kick a**" about it!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2007, 1:42 pm

Welcome to the boards grandma, though I don't think there's a need for the big or bold text!

How else are you going to make a <B>point</B>? ;)

Thanks for bringing it back down in your future posts. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by grandmahelene » March 7th, 2007, 1:52 pm

:roll: If you don't want bold text used --- you shouldn't even offer the option. Personally, I just thought the bold, large text would be more easily readable --- and I'd use italics for emphasis. Thanks for your --- complaint :?: :!:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Thank you.

We offer the bold text for a reason. Check the usage in our Movie Mashes thread for example, where italics are being used for movie titles and the bold emphasises the emphasis!

Not a good idea to get off on the wrong foot with the <I>forum moderator</I> in your first few posts though, especially when they asked in a polite way!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

"Boldly Speaking"

Post by grandmahelene » March 7th, 2007, 2:35 pm

All you would have to have done was explain to me, since I obviously missed that information, that the bold is supposed to be used for emphasis and the italic for titles. You didn't need to present it in the form of a complaint. --- And I'm really not trying to "get off" on "any foot" with anyone, good, bad or indifferent. You have my apologies for not being aware of your "little rules"; I join site forums, when I do, because they deal with topics I enjoy and/or have an opinion to contribute, just as does (almost) anyone else. --- So relax. It's a site forum, not a job, for cryin'-out-loud. I don't know if you collect any revenue, as a moderator; I know I don't, as a participant/member.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 7th, 2007, 2:50 pm

I wasn't aware I was complaining. I thought I asked politely, so no need to take umbridge so quickly.

As I said, "welcome to the boards".

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 7th, 2007, 2:55 pm

Glad to have you here, grandmahelene! Thanks for joining our forum! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 8th, 2007, 10:37 pm

the discussion that went off topic from this thread can now be found here:
http://www.animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2210

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 9th, 2007, 6:13 am

So...how about those Big Star Voice Actors?

I was actually very impressed by the work in <I>Flushed Away</I>. :)