AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 12th, 2007, 1:57 am

Your school sounds so cool, Vi! :) I wish my school would show free movies. :(

And If its free, go girl! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2007, 8:24 am

Yeah, I'd see a silly movie like that for free. Actually, I'm awaiting that when it comes to TV as I'd like to see how close they got the mock-ups, and there's usually at least one or two truly funny things in even the poorest spoof movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 12th, 2007, 9:32 pm

Yeah, my school has its perks. It even has its own bowling alley! :) (I hate bowling myself, but I guess it's cool. :?) Although, you do have to pay to use it. :roll: There's also dry cleaning, computer repair, convenience store, DVD rental store.....:) Reasonable prices too.

Plus a food court with a Taco Bell (and a Sbarro's, but the pizza there absolutely blows!!! :()

Well, anyway, :wink: I'll let you guys know how Epic Movie is! And if there's any funny Superman Returns jokes. :P

Oh, and I know we're ALL looking foward to Superhero!
I know I am. :wink:

According to IMDB, Batman Begins is definitely spoofed there!

:) :P :wink:
I wish my school would show free movies. Sad
Why, they make you pay for them?? :( That bites!!
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 12th, 2007, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 12th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Those are very nice perks, Vi. I'm so jealous! :P

Oh, no. They don't show movies -- period -- (outside the class, that is) I'm just saying, if they did, I would love for them to be free. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 13th, 2007, 2:49 pm

Are you in college or high-school, Dan?
Plus a food court with a Taco Bell (and a Sbarro's, but the pizza there absolutely blows!!! )
Ah really? The Sbarro's up by us is great. I rarely eat there though - I never miss a chance to get Broccoli Soup from the Salad Co. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 14th, 2007, 3:04 am

Meg wrote:Are you in college or high-school, Dan?
The first one. :oops:

The truth is now revieled! :P

And in my short time, thus far, I haven't a clue as to why they don't show movies. And, I might be transferring to another one, yadda, yadda, yadda. Ok, enough personal info. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 14th, 2007, 2:57 pm

I think I see the confusion here...See, Vi is in college (I think! Maybe grad-school?) and those types of schools have screenings of films that are in or on their way out of movie theaters with discount tickets for students.

High schools don't do this, so maybe that's why they don't show movies at your school. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 14th, 2007, 11:08 pm

But I'm not in high school. :? Or am I confused?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 15th, 2007, 1:35 am

Yeah, I'm in grad school....:) But I live on campus with mostly undergrads. :wink:

It's just a late night program they have with movies, occasional trips, video games (yes they have Wii on a flat screen--haven't played it yet though!) activities/crafts, etc....

The movies are free, and the trips sometimes are, but they also have great discount fares to places like Six Flags! :D

Oh, so you're in college Dan? Which college? :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 15th, 2007, 2:10 am

Oh, that explains things! :)

Yes, I am. shocking isn't? -- Err, I rather not say, sorry. :( I'll just say, that I'm in community college.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 19th, 2007, 12:31 am

Children Of Man...is that the thing with Clive Owen? Did you guys not get that yet? Wow, we had that here at the beginning of last year I think. And it stinks. Sad

You were right Ben! :wink:

I saw it yesterday. Some parts were kind of interesting, some cool scenes, but the film DRAGGED and had SO MANY plot holes and leaps of logic--and even worse than that, Judi Dench and Michael Caine are both in it, and BOTH are wasted. :(

The idea was quite interesting, reminded me of this great Margaret Atwood novel The Handmaid's Tale, but other than that....so much more could have been done, but the setting was gray and depressing (I know it was supposed to be, but still) the whole thing was dull, the chemistry between the actors almost nonexistent.

(I'm still glad I saw it though--I love films, especially when they're free! :D )

Still, knew I should have gone to see Blood Diamond instead. :?

Oh, BTW, next week is....you guessed it, The Dancing Penguins! :D :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 19th, 2007, 11:38 am

ShyViolet wrote:
Children Of Man...we had that here at the beginning of last year. And it stinks. :(

You were right Ben! :wink:
Of course. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by lordcookie » March 19th, 2007, 2:53 pm

ShyViolet wrote: I saw it yesterday. Some parts were kind of interesting, some cool scenes, but the film DRAGGED and had SO MANY plot holes and leaps of logic--and even worse than that, Judi Dench and Michael Caine are both in it, and BOTH are wasted. :(
You sure you were watching Children of Men because Judi Dench wasn't in the film (thank God).

For what it's worth I really liked CoM. I'd be interested in what you class as plot holes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 19th, 2007, 4:20 pm

But I'm not in high school. Or am I confused?
Crap! I thought you said you were in high-school. My bad. :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 21st, 2007, 1:39 am

;)

No problem, Meg! :)