AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 9th, 2007, 7:46 am

The official website of Pirates 3 has been updated
http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/pir ... worldsend/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 1st, 2007, 7:15 pm

Also FYI about 28 Weeks Later, according to EW the film's producer offered Cillian Murphy a mint just to APPEAR BRIEFLY in the film, and he refused....

I don't blame him! He wants his film career to actually have some integrity...:roll:
Last edited by ShyViolet on May 1st, 2007, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2007, 8:26 pm

Yeah, I remember reading that. However, EW said he refused the role because it was small.

And although I don't often agree with Lisa Schwarzbaum, she chose 28 Weeks Later as her number 1 (looking forward to most) movie, in the "Critics' Picks" section.

By the way, I've been seeing commercials for this, and a making of featurette on IFC, and I must say, this is looking goooood! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 1st, 2007, 10:57 pm

Yeah, I remember reading that. However, EW said he refused the role because it was small.

And although I don't often agree with Lisa Schwarzbaum, she chose 28 Weeks Later as her number 1 (looking forward to most) movie, in the "Critics' Picks" section.

By the way, I've been seeing commercials for this, and a making of featurette on IFC, and I must say, this is looking goooood! Smile
You gotta see the first one though Dan!! :)

Trust me, everything cool you see in this film was cribbed from that. And done much better.

I"m not saying 28 WL is a bad movie--I have no way of knowing that. I might even go see it, as a (somewhat) horror fan and a HUGE fan of 28 DL. (one of my fave films of all time)

Oh, and don't get me started on Lisa....oops, I already did in another thread right? :oops: :wink:

Her name might be Lisa S, but I know whose opinion I would trust more...:wink: :P

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 2nd, 2007, 12:17 am

ShyViolet wrote:You gotta see the first one though Dan!! :)
I will eventually. Don't rush me! :P
ShyViolet wrote:Trust me, everything cool you see in this film was cribbed from that. And done much better.
So pretty much a rehash, eh? ;)
ShyViolet wrote:Oh, and don't get me started on Lisa....oops, I already did in another thread right? :oops: :wink:
You got it dude!

And than you mentioned Lisa Simpson, and brought up the very same picture. How dejavu-ish!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 3rd, 2007, 7:47 am

I didn't post that pic though! :wink:

(I know you're just kidding Dan. :) )

Attack of the pop-culture references!! (again :?)

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-commen ... n#comments

I actually don't think that, on its face, Family Guy's references are "bad"--it's just that they SERVE NO FUNCTION in the stories. Unlike in The Simpsons, where there's a huge difference.

And about what that guy said about the Simpsons mentioning "Herman's Head:" (1991 sitcom about a guy's ego, id, and superego all portrayed by three comedians who comment on his life.)

1.) I'm pretty sure that the episode he's referring to is from 1992--when the show WAS STILL ON. (in fact, right before the Simpsons I think.)

2.) If the guy truly knew about pop-culture, he would realize that the joke is also funny because Yeardly Smith (who mentions the show, as Lisa Simpson) WAS ON HERMAN'S HEAD. :roll:

Anyway, I don't think that pcr's are that bad on their face. It's true a lot of kids today wouldn't know all that 70s/80s stuff but....that's why the show is so popular with 20 and 30 somethings. :)

And as we all know....prime-time animation is not intended to be "just for kids!!!" :roll: :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 3rd, 2007, 11:08 pm

From what some of the posters said, your pretty much right, Vi. And I completly agree with you!
ShyViolet wrote:I didn't post that pic though! :wink:
My mistake. I got it confused with one of your other post. (Different Lisa/lamb pic, though)
ShyViolet wrote:(I know you're just kidding Dan. :) )
Cool! 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2007, 5:24 am

Re: 28 WL

It's fresh on RT, (61%) and is getting, like Spidey, very mixed reviews.

I'm still not excited by it, but will probably go see it anyway, (as I said earlier) a I am a gigantic 28 DL fan....:)

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/28_weeks_later/

Just FYI;

28 Days Later was 89% fresh when it came out. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MickeyMousePal » May 10th, 2007, 3:00 pm

Shrek the Third
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Ocean's 13
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Live Free or Die Hard
Ratatouille
Transformers
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The Simpsons Movie
The Bourne Ultimatum
Rush Hour 3
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas in Disney Digital 3-D
Saw IV
Enchanted
Alvin and the Chipmunks (Better not suck like Garfield movies.)
I Am Legend
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Alien vs. Predator 2

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 14th, 2007, 2:45 am

Couldn't find the Indy thread :wink: :oops:, just thought it's cool to see Spielberg's IMDB page and all his projects:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000229/

What's Interstellar?

Indy 4 is in preproduction, and Lincoln was announced as the next one....I think. :?

Spielberg news is always so hard to pin down.....:roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 15th, 2007, 2:07 am

Lincoln. Haven't heard of it. Is it about Abraham Lincoln? Because if it is it sounds like it will be very interesting. Lot of biopics been made over the past few years. There was Ray, The Queen, Walk the Line, they are making one of Milli Vanilla, making one on Freddy Mercury, this one, the list goes on.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 15th, 2007, 6:07 am

Yeah, it's Abe Lincoln. :) I love biopics too b!! :)

That's one reason why I really want to get films like Winchell, Pirates of Silicon Valley, Truman, etc....:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 15th, 2007, 8:25 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I'm still not excited by it, but will probably go see it anyway, (as I said earlier) a I am a gigantic 28 DL fan....:)
So... any date yet? ;) I saw it did ok, over the weekend. #2 to be exact. And Roeper (from Ebert & Roeper) gave it a thumbs up!

I know it won't change anything, but there you go.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 16th, 2007, 3:57 am

:wink:

Nope, not yet! But I almost don't know anyone who really likes horror so....:roll:

I think it will do well. It's gotten much more hype than 28 DL....which was this little Independent Film released by Fox...this is released by "Fox Atomic" sort of the independent wing of Fox (I think :?)
but it feels more like a big-budget, SFX film rather than the little drama that just happened to be horror that 28 DL was (which is what made it so effective in the first place. :roll:)

Not trying to get political here, and I'm sure 28 WL has some merit as a movie, but I think a big reason of why so many critics have endorsed it is its anti-Iraq-War metaphor, which is apparently quite present in the film.

Not to say the war is right or wrong, but I know a lot of the media opposes Bush, so that could be possibly one of the reasons they're taking a favorable view of this movie. From reading some of the reviews I kind of got that feeling. Now of course it's their right to feel this way, but IMHO it should be about how good the movie actually is, not any political messages it has. :?
Last edited by ShyViolet on May 16th, 2007, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 16th, 2007, 4:01 am

Also:

This is for anyone who wonders what M. Knight Shyamalan (remember him? :wink:) is up to these days. (Wik)

On January 8th, 2007, it was announced that Shyamalan would write, direct and produce the live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender, a popular animated series on the Nickelodeon kids cable channel, a series influenced by Asian art, mythology and fighting styles. The movie will be produced for Paramount Pictures' MTV Films and Nick Movies. They hope it will turn into a three-picture series with Shyamalan's continuing involvement. He will now film Avatar after he finishes work on The Happening.[25]

[edit] The Happening

Main article: The Happening (2008 film)

On January 28, 2007 Variety reported that Shyamalan showed a new script titled "The Green Effect" to movie studios executives while visiting Hollywood but no major studios were interested enough in green lighting the film[26]. A little over a month later the same magazine reported that M. Night's spec script (now titled The Happening) had been sold to 20th Century Fox after having gone through a comprehensive rewrite. The film is scheduled to be released in June 2008 and will be produced by Shyamalan, Sam Mercer, and Berry Mendel. It is reported The Happening will be Night's first R-rated effort[citation needed].

The plot of the film involves Earth's vegetation unleashing an invisible neurotoxin causing all those who breathe it to brutally kill themselves. The protagonist, a science teacher named Elliot Moore, goes on the run with his wife and friends as hysteria grips the planet.[27]

[edit] Other projects

In July 2000, on The Howard Stern Show, Shyamalan said he'd met with Spielberg and was in early talks to write the script for the fourth Indiana Jones film. This would have given Shyamalan a chance to work with his longtime idol, Steven Spielberg[28]. After the project fell through Shyamalan later said said it was too "tricky" to get everyone on the same page and that it just "was not the right thing" for him to do.[29]

Shyamalan's name was linked with the 2001 film Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone but the project seemed to conflict with the production of Unbreakable. In July of 2006, while doing press tours for Lady in the Water, Shyamalan said he is still interested in directing one of the last two Harry Potter films . "The themes that run through it...the empowering of children, a positive outlook...you name it, it falls in line with my beliefs," Shyamalan said. "I enjoy the humor in it. When I read the first Harry Potter and was thinking about making it, I had a whole different vibe in my head of it".[30][31]

After the release of The Village in 2004, Shyamalan had been planning a film adaptation of Yann Martel's novel Life of Pi with 20th Century Fox, but later backed out so that he could make "Lady in the Water". "I love that book. I mean, it's basically [the story of] a kid born in the same city as me [Puducherry, India] — it almost felt predestined" Shyamalan said, "But I was hesitant because the book has kind of a twist ending. And I was concerned that as soon as you put my name on it, everybody would have a different experience. Whereas if someone else did it, it would be much more satisfying, I think. Expectations, you've got to be aware of them. I'm wishing them all great luck. I hope they make a beautiful movie."[32]

[edit] Other media

Funny Simpsons joke:
In The Simpsons episode Homer's Paternity Coot, Homer Simpson says "Who could my father be? Moleman? Mr. Burns? (gasps) M. Night Shyamalan? That would be a twist worthy of his increasingly lousy films!"