Do you think this could be real?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Do you think this could be real?

Post by ShyViolet » January 14th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Do you believe in UFO's? A bunch of people in O'Hare SWEAR they saw one and even have captured some photos: you can check out more on YouTube.

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 14th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Yes.

I'm not sure about there situation, but they sure look real!

Freaky!! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 14th, 2007, 10:17 pm

Yeah, my thoughts exactly about it being "freaky"--not sure if it's real but still kinda unsettling. :shock:

Here's some extra info: interview with reporter who first broke it: (he's the one who's off-screen.)

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 15th, 2007, 11:52 am

You never really know, I guess. I'm not really sure what I think about it - I mean, I do believe there's life in the universe other than us, but whether or not it's hopped in a space ship and headed over to Earth for a visit I'm unsure about. (Doesn't stop me from watching and reading about UFO's though! :P)

BTW, it's weird that you started this topic because last night I was considering making a topic about strange things that can't be explained. :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 16th, 2007, 6:43 pm

"Strange weather phenomenon"... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » January 18th, 2007, 2:27 am

I think it's a real weather phenomena.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 18th, 2007, 2:46 am

I do to, kinda. ;)
Meg wrote:(Doesn't stop me from watching and reading about UFO's though! :P)
:shock: That's what I do!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 18th, 2007, 5:22 pm

I think it could just be a weather thing...I've seen some pictures of REALLY strange clouds that like look just like UFOs...I'll try and find a link to them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2007, 1:37 pm

It could also be an aircraft that was blocked by some clouds, or cast a shadow, or anything.... :?

I guess you never know, but still....I really think that if Aliens had been making these little one-shot appearances since like, the 1950s or beforehand,
EVERYONE WOULD KNOW ABOUT IT. :P

And there would probably be more scientific proof--changes in the atmosphere, physical impressions left by "spaceships", proof on radar scans,
remnants of unknown material left around, etc.....

I also don't put that much stock in "the government covers it up" because we all know that when something (often in the government) is supposed to be kept "a secret" it almost always, at least eventually comes out! :? :P

And if scientists DID discover something, believe me, we'd know about it.
Every scientist's dream is to be famous for doing something no one else did. They wouldn't hesitate to share ANY evidence they found, trust me.
That's why I don't think these are real anymore. :roll:
Last edited by ShyViolet on January 26th, 2007, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 25th, 2007, 3:42 pm

Yeah, it's always kinda seemed hokey to me.

(I DO think there's life on other planets though.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 25th, 2007, 5:22 pm

Even though I believe in the Bible as well, I also think there could be life on other planets.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 25th, 2007, 9:18 pm

Me too - I just figure the Main Upstairs is plenty capable enough to look after more than one planet. :) :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 1:26 am

Same here! :)

And I never watched X-Files--maybe it was a good show but it just seemed hokey to me. I only saw the pilot ep, and it bored me to tears. :roll:

( It's funny 'cause in back then SO MANY girls were in love with David Duchovny..... :wink: :roll: I never saw what was so great about him....:?)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 26th, 2007, 3:17 am

Remember when they spoofed X-Files on The Simpsons, Vi? :P

That was a great episode!

(The unsolved mysterys, of unsolved mysterys.) :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 26th, 2007, 3:48 am

Yeah I so loved that one! :)

Especially Leonard Nimoy, and Mr. Burns/Alien: "I bring you loooooooove......." :? :P

I'm glad they had Moulder and Scully, and that they didn't focus completely on them, they had them just enough so that it was funny, but not tedious. :roll: :wink: