Poor Britney! ...and Paris! (and... etc!)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Poor Britney! ...and Paris! (and... etc!)

Post by ShyViolet » February 26th, 2007, 10:29 pm

I know this is general discussions, so: :wink:

(Plus Justin is in Shrek the Third and all, so it's kinda animation-related....J/K :P)

Anyway, I am REALLY sorry for her. :( I loved her music at one time, still have her CDs. They had pictures of her from about seven years ago in People, etc.... she was SO BEAUTIFUL then. My G-d! :shock:

I loved both "Oops, I did it again" and "Britney." Didn't like "In the Zone" much however.

I think she just tried to hard to be "outrageous", and "daring" that she lost control, and her priorities. Maybe it all started with those suggestive "outfits" she wore at concerts.....

Shame. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » February 27th, 2007, 2:31 am

I've never been a big "omg celebrity!" person. I don't even like most popular music, and haven't since at least the late '90s. I lost any respect for Britney pretty quickly once she started going for the sleazy persona... but this recent breakdown gives me sympathy pangs. Poor girl has run herself into the ground.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 27th, 2007, 9:29 am

Have to say she brought this on herself. There were so many times when she could have said "no" and stayed straight and narror.

Suggestive outfits - no problem! Seems to go with the territory these days, but the endless partying is what seems to have brought her down.

My thinking is she's a young girl, who got it all early, and like Drew Barrymore it's gone to her head, she felt invincible and got married for 48 hours, got divorced, saw how easily things could be "fixed" and decided not to tow the line. Got married again to someone totally unsuitable, and eventually pulled her down with him. Got divorced again and is totally lost, doesn't know what to do and probably feeling very lonely.

She'll pull through, but it's going to take time. But, like Drew, she'll be back and possibly more mature in her work and lifestyle. This is probably actually something she needs to go through, to get to the next stage in her life.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 27th, 2007, 2:37 pm

She's a skank. 'Nuff said.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 27th, 2007, 10:47 pm

Look how beautiful she was back then!! :(

I loved her clothes, loved her style. I hope she gets better soon! :(

Still can't believe she married that Kevin Federline sleaze!!! :shock: Least she had the sense to dump him.

Hey, maybe she should do a voice in an upcoming DW flick? I'm sort of half kidding, but if she could do it well, maybe it'll sort of get her career going again?? :?: :?: (That's IF it's the right part, and she invests herself in it.)

Like Shrek 4 maybe (it was just officially announced)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 28th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Eh, no. I don't like it when studios hire actors based on their name rather than their talent as voice actors. Especially if they're singers!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » February 28th, 2007, 2:43 pm

Agreed Meg,

Besides, Britney Spears is a terrible actress!!
No sense of timing, comedy and I could go on for hours.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 28th, 2007, 8:53 pm

Eh, no. I don't like it when studios hire actors based on their name rather than their talent as voice actors. Especially if they're singers!
I guess that's mostly true, but I still think Avril Lavigne did a good job. :wink:

Plus guess who one of the VERY first "big star voice actors hired for his name/talent" was?? (In the "modern" Disney era)

That's right--Billy Joel, Oliver and Company , the voice of Dodger.

I personally think he did a great job....and I'm pretty sure he never acted before. :)
Last edited by ShyViolet on March 1st, 2007, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » March 1st, 2007, 1:49 am

With you on Avril Lavigne Vi,
She did a suprisingly good job at it

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 1st, 2007, 10:01 am

Refresh my memory if you would. Which movie was Avril Lavigne in? I'm sure I saw it but I can't remember what it was.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 1st, 2007, 10:02 am

She was in Over the Hedge.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 1st, 2007, 7:22 pm

Yeah, she was Heather the Opossum! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » March 2nd, 2007, 2:46 pm

I was actually suprised by her performance in OTH, yes...She was good in that.

But alas, I am one of those people who thinks Britney has no talent whatsoever, and I DO NOT want to see her cast in an animated film just because of her name!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 2nd, 2007, 3:23 pm

Don't forget that Spears provided the voice of Donner in the U.S. dubbed versions of the Robbie the Reindeer specials, Hooves of Fire and Legend of the Lost Tribe.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 2nd, 2007, 3:46 pm

I never did watch the those specials. Was she any good?