General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2007, 11:51 pm

Some info on Bill Kroyer and Fern Gully:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... tudio.html

:)

Apparently that studio was a great place to be! :) :wink:

Boy oh boy, were the Kroyer's GREAT to work for! They really made me, and everyone, feel special; and they went out of their way to make even the hard days a lot of fun.

THANK YOU BILL AND SUE!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 23rd, 2007, 7:19 pm

Another movie you never hear about is All Dogs Go To Heaven 2. Unnecessary, yes, and nowhere near as good as the first, but as sequels go it's actually pretty decent (maybe Daniel can back me up on this). The best part of the movie by far is the music. Lots of catchy tunes that'll take you hours to get out of your head. I give it 3 stars out of 5.

The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 24th, 2007, 3:06 am

You know it, eddie! ;)

I completly agree with you, on All Dogs Go To Heaven 2! Like you said, as far as sequels go, this one is actually not half bad. And honestly, its one of my favorite "non Disney" sequels. :)

Yes, music had a great impact on the film. Songs like the one you posted, and others such as, To Good To Be Bad and Easy Street to name a few, were what made me love this sequel so much!

Aside from music, the movie had a GREAT villain. -- Red --. I loved how he wore a fake desquise, than he turned into the huge devil cat! Boy, did he give me shivers when I was younger. :P

And of course, in my opinion, it out does the original in some aspects. It felt more straight forward, and most notably, the ending. In the original, I hated that Charlie never actually said 'bye' to Itchy. I mean, sure it was kind of good to not bother him, but it still felt a little cheated. But in the sequel, they do say bye, and it just felt so right.

There's so much more, but you get the gist! ;) So... do I like it more than the original? No. Is it a great continuation? Yes.

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » March 25th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Hehe......Guess I must be in the minority here on ADGtH 2, cause I disliked it a LOT. :P

The main reason is probably because it doesn't even come close to being as good as the original, which is a childhood favorite of mine (not to mention where my screenname comes from :wink: ).

Eh, I guess you could say I really didn't like the whole "vibe" of the film. As a character, I felt that Charlie had seriously lost his edge (I also didn't care much for his voice). Sasha I didn't care much for either (and I found it a bit strange that Charlie barely knew the girl, but was willing to jeapordize the entire existence of Heaven just so he could try to hook up with her :? ). David's character didn't really intrest me either. Plus he wasn't nearly as cute as Ann Marie (I always thought she looked like a minature Snow White ^___^ ).

And then there's the biggest issue I have: They RUINED my favorite character!! "Annabelle" did not have a name in the original film (in the film's credits she was listed simply as "Whippet Angel", hence my namesake). Her character as well as her apperance were totally different. :x

Sorry 'bout the rant, just had to get it all out :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 28th, 2007, 4:04 am

Oh, I wouldn't say that. Me and eddie are probably the only ones (on this board) who like ADGtH2. Unless there are more?

Charlie was more or less the same as he was in the original. So I see no lost in edge. But that's just me. ;) And I actually didn't mind Charlie's new voice. Though, I was never really fond of his original voice for some reason. :?

Sasha was good, and I don't know what your talking about, but the whole trying to hook up with her bit, doesn't really seem farfetched. But it has been years since I've seen either, so I really can't say. :oops:

Ah, I agree about David! Anne Marie was always my favorite! I wish she made a cameo in part 2. :(

And here I was thinking your real name was Angel. Silly me. :P Wow, I didn't know all that. I don't if I would go so far as to say it ruined her character, but it does seem uneeded....

Now I really like your screename! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 17th, 2007, 8:13 am

I saw that clip of ADGTH 2 (didn't see the actual film) Waaaaaiiiiiiit a minute:
Itchy's in heaven?

How the heck did he die?? :shock:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 17th, 2007, 8:20 am

The movie starts off with him dying and going to heaven

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 17th, 2007, 11:06 am

And the reason that happened is because....
he choked on a bone
Now you need to see it, Vi!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hoagiebot » May 25th, 2007, 4:17 am

An animated feature film that I thought was hugely under-rated was Balto III: Wings of Change. I loved the first Balto movie, and I had mixed feelings about the second Balto film, but I thought that the third film recaptured some of the original Balto film's charm. I was so excited about this movie that I was actually counting down the days until it got released, and bought it on the very first day that it came out! Unfortunately, as far as I know it seems that I am just about the only person who ever got really excited about this film, because I never hear anyone else ever even mention it. Even the Ursa Major Awards, an award given to books, movies, comics, etc. that contain anthropomorphic animal characters in it, completely overlooked this film for a nomination, which amazed the utter heck out of me!

Some other animated films that I feel are underated are:

Rescuers Down Under - My overall favorite Disney animated feature film. John Candy as Wilbur was priceless, Eva Gabor and Bob Newhart's characters played fantastically off of one another, and McCleach is definitely my favorite Disney villain. While some of McCleach's dialog was designed to make McCleach appear stupid, most of his actions really were very thought-out and cleer, and that combined with his moraless capatalistic attitude truly made him dangerous to both people, and animals!

Titan A.E. - Man do I love this film! To this day I just can't figure out why no one else did...

Fern Gully - I love the villain and his opening singing number in that film!

Return to Neverland - The scene showing a squadron of Junkers Ju-87B Stukka Dive Bombers having to divert themselves around a flying pirate ship sold me!

Tom Sawyer (MGM, 2000) - This animated feature film was really cute, and has some absolutely beutiful backgrounds in it!

Cat's Don't Dance

The Iron Giant - I love the line (and I am paraphrasing here), "When that missile comes back down, everything will die." It seems that the idea of nuclear holocaust is beyond most peoples' comprehension, but Hogarth's line there makes the consequences chillingly clear!

Once Upon A Forest - The badger's flashback of the humans reminded me somewhat of my favorite animated short of all time, MGM's 1939 cartoon "Peace on Earth."

The Venus Wars - My favorite Japanese animated film of all time. Great action, good writing, catchy music, awesome futuristic vehicles, an no whacked out trippy stuff that doesn't make any sense. Just a great all around War/Sci-Fi thriller! Even so, it is yet another animated film that I almost never hear about...

Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature - This film really really tugged at my heart strings-- boy was this film's ending an emotional trainwreck! I'm not even sure if I could watch this animated feature a second time through because it effected me so much!

Rover Dangerfield - It gets no respect, none at all!

Vuk (Known as "The Little Fox" in the U.S.) - There is the standard English dub of this Hungarian animated feature, which unfortunately its U.S. distributor cut some material out of, but luckily I had a friend in Hungary send me the original Hungarian version to so that I could see which scenes were missing. Either way, this is a very neat animated feature.

I am sure that I could come up with more, but this is definitely a good start!
There's a 68.71% chance that I'm right.
END OF LINE

[b][i][url=http://www.projectdestinystudios.com/]Project Destiny Studios™[/url]
[url=http://www.foxee.net/]Foxee.Net - Home of Foxee™ the Interactive Arctic Blue Fox![/url][/i][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » May 25th, 2007, 5:04 am

Ok - i'm putting my hand up for either fern gully or titan a.e. Love both of them.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » May 25th, 2007, 6:47 am

Aaaaah Ferngully, the childhood memories of old.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 25th, 2007, 6:52 am

Euch, couldn't stand Titan A.E....Turned it off after about 20 minutes.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 25th, 2007, 8:23 am

Great List Hoagie!

Both Peace On Earth and Once Upon A Forest share a Hanna-Barbera connection, and I agree they're similar in many ways.

Another rarely seen HB film, though perhaps not underrated as it's a bit all over the place, is Heidi's Song, from the early 80s. I'd love to see that again and still have the soundtrack album.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 25th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Another rarely seen HB film, though perhaps not underrated as it's a bit all over the place, is Heidi's Song, from the early 80s. I'd love to see that again and still have the soundtrack album.
I saw that as a kid (rented it on VHS) and loved it!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 25th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Hoagiebot wrote:An animated feature film that I thought was hugely under-rated was Balto III: Wings of Change. I loved the first Balto movie, and I had mixed feelings about the second Balto film, but I thought that the third film recaptured some of the original Balto film's charm.
You don't know how much I agree with you, Hoagie! :) Absolutly loved the original, but I really didn't like Wolf Quest. The plot was confusing, it ignored a lot of old characters, and it simply dragged on. IMO, one of the worst sequels.

Wings of Change (get it?) restored my faith completly. Everything about the film was perfect. And yes, I too thought it recaptured some the originals charm. Specifically (but not limited to) in the sled department.