2007's Upcoming Animated Features

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 11th, 2007, 8:04 pm

And their site is kinda tacky.
Oh yeah. Especially that marketing products tie-in page.....:?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 12th, 2007, 2:59 am

But, Daredevil Dan! :(

J/k ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2007, 2:04 pm

That part might be cute!! :wink:

J/K :) :P

BTW, I tried several times last night and today to log on the site for kicks, and all the times, they said the site "not available" or "defunct" or something....?

:?:

www.foodfight.com
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 12th, 2007, 2:08 pm

Not showing up for me, either...

And hopefully it will NEVER SHOW UP AGAIN!

MWA HA HA HA!!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Hmmm....:wink:

Also, I'm definitely watching Epic Movie this weekend! :) I'll let everyone know how it was!! :)

"My son....you are truly...invincible...."

(bullet hits him in the eye)

"Ow, you shot my eye! Why would you do that??" (falls off the roof)

:lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 12th, 2007, 10:56 pm

Yup, the sites not working for me either. Bummer.

----------

Show off!

;)

Hope you enjoy it, Vi!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 14th, 2007, 7:48 pm

Thanx Dan! :)

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll come out on DVD really, really soon.

Owen Gleiberman actually liked it!! He gave it a B-

BTW, has anyone seen this poster? :)

For some reason the Supes knock-off guy looks a lot like a young Johnny Depp circa 21 Jump Street to me....:P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 14th, 2007, 11:46 pm

;)

Yeah, I'll definetly rent it when it comes out! Espicially, with that B-! And when you give your opinion, of course. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2007, 11:08 pm

OK, saw Epic Movie last night....

Spoilers!! :)
Wow, how to review a film like this....a VERY mixed bag as it turns out. First thing I have to say that it's got scenes that are a heck of a lot more clever than the ones in the trailers.....saying that, it's also got stuff that's VERY vulgar, embarrassing and quite wince-inducing, none of which was in the trailers either.

The film is basically a rip off of Narnia, with everything pop-culture from here to there thrown in the middle for good measure. MTV's Cribs, Ashton Kutcher's Punk'd (one of the best parts actually :) ), Al Pacino's Scarface, Harry Potter, Pirates, X-Men and....the occasional Star Wars gag with absolutely NO RELATION WHATSOEVER (and I mean none) to the "plot" going on....other than: "Hey, here's Star Wars StormTroopers thrown in the mix for no reason!" You think films like Scary Movie, Shrek and SharkTale had a lot of that? Let me tell you, you ain't seen nothin' yet. :roll:

And as for the degree of vulgar toilet humor....well, maybe I bet not even get into that one....the less said about that on this board, the better. :roll:

Positives:

1.) Some truly funny gags thrown in the mix here and there. Great sets that truly mirror the original films.
2.) You may or may not have wanted to know this, but Crispin Glover is a very good break dancer! :) His "Willy" was quite sinister (let's just say all that "Was Willy Wonka supposed to be Michael Jackson?" talk was expounded upon here. :P) and a very good villain (actually much more intimidating and scary than Depp was)....too bad he was hardly in the film. :( But again, some really "weird" humor if you know what I mean. :?
3.) Guess who played the "White Witch"? (Who in what the filmmakers must have considered a very witty add-on became a character whose name intentionally rhymes with "Witch." :roll: Two words: "Stifler's Mom"...now that's some good casting. :) )
4.) Whoever played the Jack Sparrow knock-off was brilliant....he REALLY imitated Depp well and every time he was on-screen I cracked up.
Unfortunately, not much was done with his character....but he was sooooo great. :D

This film has some great stuff, but a lot of dead air. It picks up speed, dies, starts up again, sputters, etc....it could have been tons better....especially with someone much more skilled like Jerry Zucker, etc...but it was still fun. :) Worth a rental, anyway.

Bring on Superhero!

EDIT: Forgot to say that there's cameos by other celebrities such as David Carradaine, Fred Willard and Carmen Electra! :) Oh yeah, and of course Jack Sparrow's actor was great...it was Darrell Hammond! (SNL's Clinton and Al Gore, back in the good old days pre-Tina Fey/Jimmy Fallon SNL :()
:wink: (FYI Fred Willard has been in a ton of films including Anchorman and American Wedding. He also has done voices in about a zillion animated shows/movies including Chicken Little....and is currently doing a voice in WALE-E! :) )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2007, 9:59 am

Saw Carmen on the poster. As with Willard, she now seems to turn up in anything, regardless of quality (and I like Willard).

I'll see this eventually (when it's on late night TV for free!) but have to say it can't be worse than the laughter free zone that was Scary Movie 3. The first one of those was quite funny, the second just a little too vulgar and rushed. Despite the presece of the Zuckers, the third died dead for me, compounded by having Leslie Nielsen turn up (another one, like Eugene Levy who does stuff just for the money) and sprout a line from Airplane! I mean, whassat about? I never saw Scary Movie 4 or Date Movie, but I'll give Superhero a chance.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 16th, 2007, 4:09 pm

I'll see this eventually (when it's on late night TV for free!) but have to say it can't be worse than the laughter free zone that was Scary Movie 3. The first one of those was quite funny, the second just a little too vulgar and rushed. Despite the presece of the Zuckers, the third died dead for me, compounded by having Leslie Nielsen turn up (another one, like Eugene Levy who does stuff just for the money) and sprout a line from Airplane! I mean, whassat about? I never saw Scary Movie 4 or Date Movie, but I'll give Superhero a chance.

Hmmm....well, um, maybe this isn't such a good time to tell you that according to IMDB Nielson has been confirmed to star in Superhero! :?

:wink: :P

Saw Carmen on the poster. As with Willard, she now seems to turn up in anything, regardless of quality (and I like Willard).

Um, you meant "he" right? :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2007, 9:29 am

Nope, she.

As in "I saw Carmen on the poster. As with Fred Willard, Carmen now seems to turn up in anything, regardless of quality". I added that I like Willard because I didn't want to come off like I didn't think he was good any more. He's great in the right things, but is often overused in a slumming sense.

I actually like Neilsen too, and totally not surprised he's going to be in the Zuckers' comic book spoof. Hopefully he'll be good here, but was just lame in SM4.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 17th, 2007, 7:28 pm

Nope, she.

As in "I saw Carmen on the poster. As with Fred Willard, Carmen now seems to turn up in anything, regardless of quality".
Oh sorry, I must have scanned it quickly this morning!! :? Oops!! :oops: :oops: :wink:
I actually like Neilsen too, and totally not surprised he's going to be in the Zuckers' comic book spoof. Hopefully he'll be good here, but was just lame in SM4.
Also, maybe it would be overdoing it, but I'd LOOOOOOVE it if they also got Adam West to appear in Superhero!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 17th, 2007, 11:26 pm

Overdoing it? Whatever would make you think that? :P

By the way, great review, Vi! Pretty much what I was expecting, but should make for an interesting rental!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 18th, 2007, 10:00 am

By the way, great review, Vi! Pretty much what I was expecting, but should make for an interesting rental!
Thanks, Dan! :) Appreciate it. :wink:

Hope you enjoy the film! :P I think the best thing to do is see it with a lot of friends or break out a copy at a party or something, I think it's more entertaining like that! :)

Here's Owen's review--don't worry he doesn't give many spoilers! :)

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20010410,00.html

Also, I found out on RT that the release date for this is May 22. (Very cool "comic-book" like cover art!! :)

Oh yeah, and it's an unrated DVD....with extra scenes....:shock:

Watch it at your own risk! :wink:

Also, although I doubt anyone cares much :roll:, I checked the FoodFight site again and it's STILL malfunctioning.....:roll:

www.foodfight.com

I wonder: will this film actually get a release or go straight to DTV after all?? :?: