AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 2nd, 2007, 6:08 am

I think so...It's BlueSky, after all.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 19th, 2007, 4:42 am

Finally, some DW news from TAG again!!:D

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... works.html

(Wonder if it's too early to put that Panda plushie on reserve? :P :wink:)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 21st, 2007, 6:17 pm

Wow, that's great news! But could it be that good?
ShyViolet wrote:(Wonder if it's too early to put that Panda plushie on reserve? :P :wink:)
I was wondering when you would say that. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 21st, 2007, 6:46 pm

Deja Vous Dan!!!

Apparently, I said it here too. (I forgot I did. :wink:)

http://www.animated-news.com/forum/view ... c&start=30
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 21st, 2007, 8:46 pm

Oh, well I never saw it the first time. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 24th, 2007, 9:45 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
So....how about Best Animated Film for 2008: (yeah, I know it's early Smile )

Contenders?

W.A.L.E.--E

Kung-Fu Panda

American Dog

Madagascar 2

Sounds good, except for the Madagascar 2 part. Neh. Horton Hears a Who in that spot, methinks?

I dunno...I'm not so sure about HHAW, even though Ice Age 2 was overall pretty good, Robots was SERIOUSLY lacking.

Like Ice Age 2, Mad 1 grossed quite well and did get its share of decent reviews. It's also building on characters we already know rather than having to start all over again with a new group (even though I think most people know who Horton is. :P)

Horton's got a lot of hurdles to cross; here are a few:

1.) Seeing a very, very popular character from classic children's lit suddenly rendered in CGI is going to be a big shock for a lot of people. (and possibly bring back flashbacks of Cat in the Hat and Grinch....*shudder* :roll: I actually liked CITH, but it TOTALLY screwed with the book. The only thing they have in common is that there's a cat in both of them. :?)

2.) I don't remember how long HHAW is, but it's a children's picture book....like with CITH and Grinch, they'll have to find a way to stretch it to a 2 hour running time, or whatever it is. (As we saw with Shrek, it can be done.....but it's tricky. :wink:)

3.) It's Blue Sky. I like Blue Sky and all but the stories are bit lacking sometimes. (Ice Age 1 was IMHO their best, it always gets to me. And the look is awesome)

Ice Age 1 was also the last time they were nominated for Best Animated Feature. (2002)

Also, just FYI these films are all coming out next year....so the '08 Ocars will be in.....March '09. (I'm guessing. :P)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 29th, 2007, 7:59 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2007, 7:17 am

Must be a killer for Dad Richard to see his son Alex doing all this CGI stuff.

We'll watch this with interest. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Plightyear » May 18th, 2007, 5:14 pm

According to:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/? ... ges&p=.htm

Foodfight has been pushed back (again), this time to April 11, 2008.

Ice Age III has been assigned July 1, 2009.

The Fantastic Mr. Fox is assigned November 6, 2009.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 21st, 2007, 1:04 pm

Wow! Foodfight pushed back AGAIN???? :shock:

:?

Is it THAT bad?? :roll: :P

I think if it ever does get released next year, it'll break the CGI record of longest animated film in production! :roll: :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 21st, 2007, 8:37 pm

I kinda feel bad for Foodfight. Being pushed back that many times, is never a good sign. :(

On the plus side, I'm really happy to see Ice Age III confirmed. I was really impressed with the way The Meltdown turned out, so this should be good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 22nd, 2007, 7:15 am

Is it THAT bad??
Have you seen the stills on the site, Vi?

Is it THAT bad that it's getting pushed back? The later this come out the better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 22nd, 2007, 1:23 pm

I think all they had was concept art, right? Yeah, it was pretty bad--some images worse than others, though.

I was mostly thinking that even if it IS horrible, it's got to at least be kind of interesting after all this time....? Or maybe not. :wink: I was just curious, 'cause of all the "behind the scenes" stuff we've heard....or in this case, haven't heard. :roll:

Also, did anyone notice how one of the characters looks exactly like McGruff, the crime dog? (He was this PSA cartoon character from years ago that told kids not to talk to strangers or get in stranger's cars, etc....)
VERY similar, especially with the trenchcoat.

I wonder if copyrights apply to PSA's? :? :?:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 24th, 2007, 12:52 am

I hope nobody took my post seriously. The only reason I feel bad for Foodfight, is because of "Daredevil Dan." Obviously the movie looks horrible, but you know, it has my nickname, so... no touchie! :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 25th, 2007, 1:12 pm

No prob Dan! I get how you feel. :)

Also, wasn't sure where to put this, but here's an update on the Weinstein company. Apparently they want to dive deep into that whole "Fairy Tale parody" thing in a big way, I guess especially 'cause Shrek 3 made so much dough.

Bad move, IMHO. :( They should try to go into a new direction.

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... ation.html

They are partnering on a CG feature called "Escape from Planet Earth" and are making Igor as well, both of which sound interesting.

They're also definetely making Hoodwinked 2. Hopefully on a higher budget this time. :)