The Art of....Reboot?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

The Art of....Reboot?

Post by ShyViolet » April 8th, 2007, 9:18 am

You may or may not remember this Saturday Morning series from the mid-90s, (which I watched regularly, but never found all that enthralling--it was basically about an all- computer world called Mainframe and a boy hero called Enzo, plus Will Friedle was in it.) which has all but faded into obscurity....however, it had one very important thing--it was the very first all-CGI show to ever hit the airwaves.

Oh yeah....and did I mention that this was about a year and a half before Toy Story 1? :wink: :P

Anyways, I mostly watched it to see the CGI....I know,we're all tired of it now, it's coming out of our ears....but back then, it was a wonder to behold. :)

http://www.dmfcomics.com/reboot/

The Art of Book is coming soon! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 10th, 2007, 7:36 am

I remember that show...that's before Toy Story?
And they could afford to do something like that for TV back then??
That's actually pretty impressive looking back on it even though I never really liked the show.

When I was young (7-8 years old) 3D didn't impress me at all,
I didn't understand what was so special about it...can you believe I actually didn't like Toy Story when I first saw it as a kid.
It was only when I was growing up that I started to appreciate and love the movie. I was a hard kid to impress back in the day :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 10th, 2007, 2:00 pm

I remember that show...that's before Toy Story?
And they could afford to do something like that for TV back then??
Yes, believe it or not, it was. :) It started in 1994.

Weird how little it gets mentioned. The show was pretty blah, but those graphics.....whoa. :shock:

For that time, it was mind-blowing....at least 'cause CGI was much rarer back then.

Although the Homer in 3d thing (which premiered a few months before Toy Story) came out in fall 1995 (made by PDI), this was at least a year before that. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 10th, 2007, 2:57 pm

I used to really like Reboot, not only for the animation but I also thought the story was cool. Looking at it now, it's not Mainframe Entertainment's best work (they went on to do Beast Wars and Beast Machines which were far better), but not too shabby for the time it was made.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 12th, 2007, 2:13 pm

I remember watching and episode or two of Reboot as a kid...I think I saw them after Toy Story though.