Avatar and Signatures (discuss, requests)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Explain You Avatar and Siggy

Post by Dusterian » March 19th, 2009, 11:59 pm

Cinderellaboi, I'm so glad to see a guy like you here! You see, I'm a boy, and Cinderella was, as far as I can remember, my first film, I saw it when I was 3. And I loved it so much I was so excited when it was bought for me at Christmas. It's my favorite film to this day, I think even out of any movies.

My own name member comes from dust, as in fairy dust or Disney dust, the magic sparkles in their films. Cinderella was the first to have this, and the term was coined after it. Walt Disney actually liked the dust so much he had them put more in than they had originally! I like magical special effects, but those especially.

Nice to see you around Once, since I no longer see you on the other forum. Beautiful avatar and siggy, too! I wish they only had Aurora, too, and maybe the three fairies...no, Maleficent!!! And Vanessa should have gold hair, I agree, and a more accurate dress...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Explain You Avatar and Siggy

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 22nd, 2009, 1:42 pm

it's nice to see you around too,Dusterian :) it's a long story,thanks :D,yeah,the Fairies or Maleficent whould have been great (Thought you can see Malficent's fire in the Phillip picture),and yeah,she should been blonde,if they wanted to have Zac and Vennesa together maybe Belle and Prince Adam whould have worked better and some like Kierra Natali works better as Aurora :D.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Need help finding a Lumiere avatar

Post by ibrmacf » March 18th, 2010, 8:55 pm

Hey all,
I have to say this is my favorite site on the web and I've been coming here for the past 5+ years and absolutely enjoy all the info and effort put forth in this site. With that said, I would like to ask for the help of my fellow Animated Views members in finding a Lumiere (from Beauty and the Beast) avatar for my profile. I searched, but couldn't find any that fit the requirements for this site. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 18th, 2010, 10:08 pm

Nope, just tried searching and came up with nothing. Even the places I know don't seem to have avatars for Lumiere. (plenty of Belle, though!) I did however find a few pics of him and tried making my own avatars. Here are two:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200 ... 9e5f07.jpg

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200 ... 7_bet1.jpg

The quality depends on the source and unfortunately the one by himself was a little bad. Hope you like 'em. I'm not an expert at making avatars, but after tons of trial and errors I think I finally got the hang of it! ;)

If by chance you don't like either (even I'll admit the one with Angelique would be better suited for Christmas time, but the pic was too good not to use) I'll try and find additional pics and try again. Unless you have any on you right now?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 19th, 2010, 1:24 am

Here's another.

(Don't forget -- file attachments are a new feature of the updated forum!)
Attachments
lumiere.jpg
lumiere.jpg (6.53 KiB) Viewed 12936 times

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ibrmacf » March 19th, 2010, 4:25 pm

Hey,
I want to thank you both for ur efforts in making/finding one for me. I have to go with Daniel's own. Thank u both again!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Need help finding a Lotso avatar

Post by LotsoA113 » March 19th, 2010, 10:37 pm

Hey guys...perhaps you could help me? I need a Lotso Avatar? Having trouble with Photobucket. Thanks in advance.
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 20th, 2010, 3:36 pm

Here's one:
Attachments
Lotso.jpg
Lotso.jpg (8.32 KiB) Viewed 12877 times

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Need help finding a Lumiere avatar

Post by LotsoA113 » March 20th, 2010, 3:41 pm

Thanks for your help!
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » December 14th, 2010, 10:58 pm

My new signature isn't working.

Why would a signature or avatar not work? What are all the requirements?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 14th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Make sure that the "Disable BBCode" button underneath the signature entry box is not selected.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Random questions

Post by droosan » December 15th, 2010, 12:42 am

Dusterian wrote:My new signature isn't working.

Why would a signature or avatar not work? What are all the requirements?
James wrote:Make sure that the "Disable BBCode" button underneath the signature entry box is not selected.
It also might be because it's a bit too large.

The height limit on signature images is now 75 pixels; any taller, and they won't display. I'm not sure whether there's a width limitation.

If your previous sig banner image was taller than that .. it might've been because it was 'grandfathered' in, before that size restriction was put in place.

-------------

Avatar sizes are limited to 100x100 pixels, or less.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 15th, 2010, 8:05 am

Yep...we put a limit on sigs because some here were just getting ridiculous and, with multiple posts, taking up large repeated chunks of the page. Plus they weren't the most attractive, some of them, and scrolling through that garish collection of clipart every time I was making sure the forums stayed clean became a real nightmare!

I'm not a fan of picture sigs (as you can probably tell!), though I don't mind nice one line "sign offs". But I would have thought an avatar was enough to represent yourself online and say what you want to say.

Also, Dusty, remember that sigs should not be borderline spam or links to other sites: if you're planning on a "Make Disney Classic Again" banner to try and labor your point some other way, then you'll find it vanishes like...magic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Dusterian » December 22nd, 2010, 3:39 pm

Please. May I have, laid out in the plainest, most layman's terms possible, the requirements for both signatures and avatars? The maximum width and height? How to figure out the "file size", etc.?

My signature worked, but my avatar uploading is confusing me now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 23rd, 2010, 8:34 pm

Hey Duster, as far as sigs go, (not sure of the official limits) 75 seems to be the limit for height. Width might take some testing. Think what you have now is perfect.

Avatars, as Droo mentioned, are limited to 100x100 pixels or less. "FileSize" must be between 0 and 25 KiB. I've come to the conclusion it must have a connection to how big the source material was before you resized it. If you want, you could link the image here or PM it to me and I'll try my best at making one.