Avatar and Signatures (discuss, requests)

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Avatar and Signatures (discuss, requests)

Post by Daniel » April 14th, 2007, 12:58 am

So, I'll go first:

Avatar: right now I have Stitch dressed up as Elvis. He's sooo cute!! <3 And I think he's going to be my permanent avie, so yay! :)

Signature: its one of my favorite lines from Return to Neverland.
Last edited by Daniel on January 1st, 2008, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 14th, 2007, 3:26 am

Well, I've had lots of avatars and sigs change them quite frequently....:wink:

But my current av is due to a current Chris Sanders high mainly stemming from how cool I think he is and how awesome it is that he's at DW! :)

My former av, young Obi, is 'cause I thought he and Qui-Gon were the coolest (not that there was much competition) characters in the new Trilogy! :) LOOOOOOOOOOVE "Duel of the Fates" :)

I also thought the original AD art was so beautiful....I don't want it to be forgotten. :|

And as for my sig...look no further than your avatar Dan! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 14th, 2007, 4:30 am

ShyViolet wrote:Well, I've had lots of avatars and sigs change them quite frequently....:wink:
All the more reason for the thread. As to not go off-topic. I know it won't stop, but this will help some! :)
ShyViolet wrote:But my current av is due to a current Chris Sanders high mainly stemming from how cool I think he is and how awesome it is that he's at DW! :)
Ah, I was so positive that's where it was from! Neato!

Heh, I guess my avatar could mean that too. He was the voice of Stitch, after all. ;)
ShyViolet wrote:And as for my sig...look no further than your avatar Dan! :)
Love it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 14th, 2007, 6:58 am

It's Hades, lord of the dead.

Need I explain? :)
He's my favourite Disney villain (together with Jafar) and one of the times when big-star voice casting worked really, really, really well!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 14th, 2007, 9:19 am

Avatar is a character of mine, sig is a quote from Red vs Blue. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 14th, 2007, 10:32 am

I thought we <I>did</I> have a discussion on this, or was that pre-switchover to these phpBB boards?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 14th, 2007, 1:15 pm

We had a discussion on names - is that what you're thinking of?

I don't remember having a thread like this but I could be wrong.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 14th, 2007, 5:19 pm

Yeah, I remember we had a discussion on our usernames--but not our avatars. :)

Yay Shy Violet! J/K :P :wink:

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 14th, 2007, 11:25 pm

Ditto. 8)

Yay, Daniel Jake! Ahem, I mean, Daniel. :P
Jeroen wrote:It's Hades, lord of the dead
Great avie as always, Jeroen!
Meg wrote:Avatar is a character of mine, sig is a quote from Red vs Blue. :)
You mean you drew it? Wow, I didn't know that! Its so cute!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » April 16th, 2007, 10:44 pm

My avatar is a blue cougar scribble... it's pretty self explanatory.

I have a new signature too, which is an adapted pencil drawing I did recently after discovering yet another '90s cartoon jewel. Can't believe I missed it the first time around. :P
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » April 18th, 2007, 7:57 am

Currently, my avatar is Tallulah from Meet the Robinsons. Mostly because I think she's the wackiest-looking character I've seen in some time .. the googley eyes, the wild, bright-orange hair .. and that craaazy outfit!!

Which, I was happy to discover, has its origin in William Joyce's book, A Day With Wilbur Robinson. Only, that's not Tallulah wearing the dress in the book illustration above .. but Wilbur's sister, Blanche. She actually mentions that this is her prom dress! :o

Disney's character artists kept most of this outfit intact (except for the 'King Kong' bits), and added fun little touches like a fireplug and little 'walk of fame' stars on the skirt/sidewalk flare, and 'automobile' shoes that function as roller-skates. :lol:

In the Meet the Robinsons activity books, there are implications that Tallulah's 'skyscraper hat' actually has little furnished rooms inside, like a dollhouse. Too bad we didn't get a chance to see that in the movie ..

In fact, one of the few disappointments I had with Meet the Robinsons is that we see so little of Tallulah .. and the extended Robinson family in general! I mean, the time we do spend with them is fantastic .. but it definitely left me wanting more. :?

Still, it was fun to spot the little 'nuances' the animators put into Tallulah .. like how her posture kind of echoed Uncle Fritz's at times (toes turned inward, biting her lower lip, etc).

Her voice took a while to get used to, though .. she doesn't sound anything like I'd expected, at all. For a while, I wasn't sure what Stephen Anderson had been thinking (after all, he did such a wonderful job voicing the Bowler Hat Guy and Grandpa Bud) .. but after seeing the movie several times, I kind of got to like the voice he gave her; after all, if she looks outrageous, she may as well sound outrageous, too. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 18th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Ooh, I can hardly wait to hear what Tallulah sounds like! I have a my own idea in my head, so we shall see.

And I still think that's a great avatar, droo! :)
YCougar wrote:My avatar is a blue cougar scribble... it's pretty self explanatory.
Which is very cute, and fits your username to a T!

And I love your new siggy! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 18th, 2007, 11:53 pm

Tony Rydinger is my permanent Pixar Planet avatar, and I finally decided to commit to using him over here. :mrgreen:

My signatures change occasionally. My current obsession is Meet The Robinsons, so, behold the Goob! :D

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 19th, 2007, 2:59 am

Oh, I remember that guy from The Icredibles! How cool!

Even though I don't know that character, I think your sig is cute, PixarVixen! :)

By the way, I changed my sig. Now my avie and sig match!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 19th, 2007, 3:23 am

Daniel wrote:Even though I don't know that character, I think your sig is cute, PixarVixen! :)
Thanks! But wait...haven't you seen Meet The Robinsons?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]