Favourite Disney Villains

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Favourite Disney Villains

Post by Deco King » April 25th, 2007, 7:33 pm

My favourites are as follows :

The Wicked Queen, and her alter ego The Witch/Old Hag from Snow White the first, and for me never bettered villainess , according to legend the whole of the seating in Radio City Music Hall had to be reupholstered because the children wereforever wetting themselves when the Witch first made her appearance!

Lady Tremaine from Cinderella a cold hearted vengeful lady who'll stop at nother to push her grotesque daughters forward!

Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, the horned enchantress is soo coolly attired in her black and purple garb, along with her goons and her fantastic transfomation into the dragon makes a great climax to the movie

Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians, a magnificent comic Disney villain, who is one of the all time greats in her Victoria Beckham like anorexic state gaunt and delightfully comically bad!

Mad Madam Mim from Sword In the Stone , a marvellous witch comic in style like Cruella but without her sophistication!

Madame Medusa from The Rescuers, again a comic villainess whose greed as ever is her undoing!

Ursula from The Little Mermaid, a splendidly over the top octopus/witch woman !

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 25th, 2007, 7:46 pm

Modern Disney: Gaston all the way!!! :) (Andreas Deja)

Walt's Disney: Pinocchio's Stromboli. :D (Bill Tytla)

:wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » April 25th, 2007, 7:54 pm

Scar - The Lion King (magnificent animation by Andrzej Deja) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 25th, 2007, 8:27 pm

Lady Tremaine from Cinderella a cold hearted vengeful lady who'll stop at nother to push her grotesque daughters forward!
Totally agree, Lady Tremaine was SUCH a great villain--as were Anastasia and Drusella. :)

Remember Lady Tremaine piling all that work on Cinderella when she wanted to go to the ball? :( Or the stepsisters ripping up her dress? (even when it was made from junk they didn't want anymore.)

SO evil..... :cry:

Also, I don't know if anyone remembers Aunt Sarah from Lady and the Tramp, but I'll just say this: the woman put a muzzle on Lady and locked her up for trying to protect the baby....if that's not evil, I don't know what is! :?

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 26th, 2007, 2:26 am

Morgana is my favorite!

J/k ;)
ShyViolet wrote:Totally agree, Lady Tremaine was SUCH a great villain--as were Anastasia and Drusella. :)
Err, Anastasia? No doubt she was brat, and indeed very mean, but I wouldn't say she was a great villain. If you really pay attention to the film, you'll notice that Drizella was always the one who started trouble, and was much more meanier to Cinderelly. In short, Anastasia just wasn't as bad. :P

Anyway, one of my favorite villains is Forte! He was the villain in Beauty & The Beast: The Enchanted Christmas. Not only was he a great villian, but I looooved his voice! Tim Curry! And the fact that he's CG, only makes me like him more. It seemed fitting, and I thought Disney did a great job on him.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 26th, 2007, 2:31 am

Hades: lord of the dead, let's not forget this guy!!

+ Scar & Jafar

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 26th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Err, Anastasia? No doubt she was brat, and indeed very mean, but I wouldn't say she was a great villain. If you really pay attention to the film, you'll notice that Drizella was always the one who started trouble, and was much more meanier to Cinderelly. In short, Anastasia just wasn't as bad. Razz
Interesting Dan! Somehow they both always seemed the same to me but I'll have to pay attention next time I see it!! :wink:

According to the Grimm Tale (or the Perrault one, I forget) one of the sisters was supposed to be nicer to her, but they didn't have names, unlike in Disney's version, so I wouldn't know who it was. :wink:

In the Perrault one, everyone called Cindy "Cinderbottom" but the nicer sister called her "Cinderella." :)

(Ever After definitely picked up on this, remember? The other sister even tried to help her during one scene. :))

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 27th, 2007, 2:10 am

ShyViolet wrote:Interesting Dan! Somehow they both always seemed the same to me but I'll have to pay attention next time I see it!! :wink:
Yeah, I never picked up on it either, but when I heard about Cindy II, (Anastasia's story) it made me re-examine the original.

Even her name sounds nicer. :)

ShyViolet wrote:According to the Grimm Tale (or the Perrault one, I forget) one of the sisters was supposed to be nicer to her, but they didn't have names, unlike in Disney's version, so I wouldn't know who it was. :wink:
From what I've heard, one book version depicted the younger sister as being the nicer one. Don't know which one it is, but I'm leaning towards Grimm Tale.

ShyViolet wrote:(Ever After definitely picked up on this, remember? The other sister even tried to help her during one scene. :))
I've never seen it all, so I can't say. :oops: ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 27th, 2007, 2:38 am

From what I've heard, one book version depicted the younger sister as being the nicer one. Don't know which one it is, but I'm leaning towards Grimm Tale.

I think it might actually be the Perrault one...'cause in the Grimm version, BOTH stepsisters get their eyes pecked out by birds....:shock:

I've never seen it all, so I can't say. Embarassed Wink

Ah, you gotta see it Dan! :)

Trust me, if you loved Cinderella and especially Cindy 2, you'd totally go for Ever After. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 27th, 2007, 4:15 am

I will someday, I notice they always give it on TV. :P

ShyViolet wrote:I think it might actually be the Perrault one...'cause in the Grimm version, BOTH stepsisters get their eyes pecked out by birds....:shock:
Ugh, I didn't want to remember that. :x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cboy666 » April 27th, 2007, 4:29 pm

My all time favorite disney Villians would have to be Malificent, Jafar, and Frollo. Frollo in my opinion, is one of the most realistic disney villans.
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by cboy666 » April 27th, 2007, 4:30 pm

My all time favorite disney Villians would have to be Malificent, Jafar, and Frollo. Frollo in my opinion, is one of the most realistic disney villans.
"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 27th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Frollo was awesome, I loved how he was evil and "complicated."

But IMHO he just wasn't evil enough. Of course he did awful things to Quasi and Esmerelda, (and the other gypsies) but in order to truly make the film DARK like they were aiming for, should have seen him terrorizing the gypsies more, at least as far as a Disney film can show.

He was a great villain and I LOOOOOOOOVED his song "Hellfire,"--the song and especially the animation.

I just wish he was scarier is all. He was certainly evil but he also seemed kind of pathetic too. (he was also a BIT too old, I think, to really be "threatening" :?)

If he'd been evil AND manipulative/charming like, say, Hades or Scar, it would have been ten times better. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » April 27th, 2007, 4:56 pm

We did see a more evil, younger version of Frollo in the prologue.
That was good enough for me :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 27th, 2007, 7:16 pm

Scar, Jafar, and Hades. (I'd put Hopper in there too, buuut...)