Random questions

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 21st, 2004, 12:30 am

Aww, shucks...don't mention it, Man. In the immortal words of Eek the Cat..."It never hurts to help!" Wow...i managed to work animation into this topic somehow. I was wondering how that was gonna happen. :lol:

I have a day off (which, in my lil' world, is never a day OFF...anyone else here know what i mean?) tomorrow (Tuesday) and if i have a few, i'll try to do it then.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » December 21st, 2004, 12:34 pm

Thanks again!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MusicFan » December 21st, 2004, 3:42 pm

Stego wrote:that reminds me (unless i'm mistaken) about how Ben Edlund had to change certain character names for the live-action "Tick" because of a rights issue with Fox from the animated series. (which is strange since Fox Kids ran that show...and Fox ran the live-action one...i.e. American Maid to Capt. Liberty & Man-eating Cow to Apocalypse Cow)
I don't know who produced the animated series, but I know that Sony produced the live-action series.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

DW

Post by ShyViolet » December 22nd, 2004, 8:22 pm

The problem is they don't throw themselves enough into projects....everything seems kind of half-hearted. (sometimes.) There are flashes of brilliant creativity in every film, but I once again hate to say that each film tries too hard to be "likable." (With the exception
of Shrek 1 and 2, because the best thing about those films is that they just "don't care.")

I think that, despite everything he says to the contrary, Katzenberg still
wishes he was at Disney, still wishes he was making the Great American Animated film that appeals to everyone, to the child in all of us. I mean who doesn't wish they were at Disney?
The films still very much have that Disney "stamp" on them. They are very skillfully made but have elements that reek of Disney yet clash with the Disney template. I think it all comes down to freeing yourself from that template, and going in new directions.

(BTW I still love DW :wink: )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 22nd, 2004, 11:51 pm

I'm not sure if this is going to work before the 1st...i 'm going to have to try and talk to one of the professor's at the University to let me in the labs because they are currently closed for the Christmas break, and the computer i'm currently typing on, does not have a USB port (cuz i was going to bring the files back to my place, do it there, and bring them back here).

I'll let you know if i can make it happen...i promise i will do my best.

Sorry for the strangeness...all due to this time of year, i'm afraid.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2004, 8:58 am

BUT...basically, at the end of the day, DWs is primarily made up of Disney staff.

They all have that mentality, and the problem with DreamWorks is that they are SO bent on NOT being Disney, that they have yet to truly find their own voice.

So far, and as much as I have enjoyed their films, or not, they still seem like the younger brat, kicking and screaming and generally making a big noise in order to get attention and be liked.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 28th, 2004, 9:11 am

That's something we need on DVD!

Was the live-action any good? We had enough trouble trying to catch the toon version here in the UK, and I don't think the live one ever made it to these shores.

I saw the DVD was out, but would prefer the animated series.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » December 29th, 2004, 7:01 pm

You'll hear mixed reviews (mostly cuz people are lame :wink: ) but in my opinion, the show's quality climbed with each episode and had great potential. Unfortunately, a constantly changing timeslot resulting in few viewers, and (if i remember correctly) not-so-good reviews, made this show defunct after a mere 8 episodes...with a 9th one not even airing. Sad, considering how much work went into that show. Very good writing, and a fun cast...i own the DVD and i would recommend it, but if you were a fan of the animated version (which ROCKED) you should know that there wasn't much violence or action really. The show was sort of a "Seinfeld" blended with superheroes...lots of the mundane handled by the abnormal. Not to stereotype, but i think it would have succeeded with an audiance in Great Britain.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » December 29th, 2004, 9:49 pm

The show was sort of a "Seinfeld" blended with superheroes...lots of the mundane handled by the abnormal.
That is an excellent way to describe the show.

If I remember correctly, I think that The Tick got pretty good reviews, though.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

DW

Post by ShyViolet » January 1st, 2005, 4:56 pm

I still think it would be cool if they did fantasy, like a re-make of the Hobbit or something. Something totally different that would just surprise everyone. Like maybe another Little Mermaid, but with the original story. Or another NeverEnding story, or....the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. (yeah I know there's another version of this on the way, but I'm thinking ANIMATED. I loved the original animated one.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 4th, 2005, 4:58 am

There's also another version of The Hobbit on the cards, too!

And the only one who should be going anywhere NEAR that is Pete Jackson! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Stego » January 4th, 2005, 12:58 pm

Im so incredibly sorry about not getting these images to you on time...i literally do not have any access to a computer with photoshop AND the internet at this time...and i will not until the 11th of Jan. :cry:

Had this been during the school months at the university in town, i would have had it for you within a matter of minutes. Again, i appologize and i hope this doesn't ruin your project. If you'd still like them by the 11th, i can do that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » January 4th, 2005, 10:17 pm

No, that's okay. There's no need to convert those documents anymore. Still, I completely understand your situation, and appreciate your trying anyway. Thanks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Could someone help me with posting a signature at IMDB?

Post by mr. squarepants » January 5th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Could someone please help me with posting a signature at The Internet Movie Database? You see, I want to post a link for my signature, but I cannot figure out how to do that. I can post the web address, but I really would like to have it so that someone could just click the address to visit the site, instead of copying and pasting it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » January 6th, 2005, 3:35 pm

Can't someone help me?