Random questions

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kay » April 8th, 2005, 10:17 am

Check. I will continue my 'holy grail' quest to find the version I believe exists! And if I find it, believe me, I'll post. Till then thanks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 9th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Hmmmm.....I've never heard of any other version, but that's fascinating.
Maybe it was produced in another country.

About two years before the Little Mermaid came out, I saw a Dutch/Anime version of the ORIGINAL story on rented videocasette. It had the REAL ending of the story (Prince Eric falls in love with someone else and Ariel dies) prior to Disney's "alteration" several years later....it made me cry so much!! :cry: So far I haven't met anyone who remembers that, either.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Simple Plan and Disney

Post by Mason_Ireton » April 10th, 2005, 2:41 pm

http://www.daelex.org/index.php?name=Fo ... load&id=12

This is an image made by a friend of mine, I asked em if they could insert the 7 dwarfs with the band.
shut up, shut up, shut up
Don't wanna hear it
Get out, get out, get out
Get out of my way
Step up, step up, step up
You'll never stop me
Nothing you say today
Is gonna bring me down

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 11th, 2005, 10:41 am

Can I ask what the point of this is (in a nice way)? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

New Animation Portfolio-----Sheridan Grad!!!

Post by Andrew » June 19th, 2005, 3:25 pm

Hi,

I'm a recent grad of Sheridan Classical animation and I've created an Online portfolio..........mainly character designs.

http://www.elephantanimation.com

I would greatly appreciate any comments, suggestions or criticism concerning my work.

Feel free to link to my site if you wish.

Thanks,
Andrew

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 19th, 2005, 6:27 pm

Hello and welcome to the site!

Hopefully your post isn't just a push for your work and we'll see you around here for quite a while!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 21st, 2005, 11:29 am

Very cool images! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » June 21st, 2005, 11:57 pm

Andrew,

I don't understand what you're looking for here.

Do you honest professional critiques, or just cheerleading? Most of us can cheerlead for sure, but few of us are professional animators or people who can give you job leads -- excepting maybe RandCanuck.

I don't want to deflate you because it's certainly nice to have positive reinforcement and we all need it, but you might also want to search out a professional animation site, too.

Be aware of egos and stay away from sites where people just like to talk or complain all the time ==> [Animation Nation, any site run by Spumco guys, or John K's cult followers]. You don't want to be around people who aren't going to help or who are negative all the time. On the other hand, it doesn't do you any good to be told continually that your stuff is great and not to get any kind of constructive criticism or feedback that will help you improve.

There is one other thing I'd warn you about. This is a tough time for animators, and I'm convinced half the old-timers out there DON'T want youngsters to compete with them and may try to discourage or steer you wrong. I'd like to be proven wrong on this and told I'm just being paranoid, but I've seen too much that convinces that a lot of the old guys are bitter. Definitely seek out the half who WON'T steer you wrong.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 22nd, 2005, 4:56 pm

Wasn't Sheridan where Jeffrey Katzenberg spoke this past year?

Just curious, were you there and if you were what did you think?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Andrew » June 22nd, 2005, 8:31 pm

Yes, Katzenberg did visit Sheridan college this year.

He gave us an overview of what Dreamworks is like, both from an employee(artist) standpoint as well as managerial.

He came a long with a Sheridan grad from years past(Cameron Hood) and they explained how Dreamworks will be making some shorts in the near future.
He also answered (pre-screened)student questions..........

Overall, he presented himself quite well and tried to lift our spirits interms of future job prospects.

-Andrew

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 24th, 2005, 4:07 pm

Thanks for sharing! :) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » June 28th, 2005, 9:39 am

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » June 29th, 2005, 10:12 pm

Hey Andrew Shek!! How are you doing?^_^

GeorgeC

Gems worth sifting through at Animation Nation sludgepile...

Post by GeorgeC » July 25th, 2005, 12:27 am

I wanted the title of this article to read "Gems worth sifting through the SludgePile Known As Animation Nation for" but the letters wouldn't all fit with the subject heading typing restriction!

Anyhow, that bit of intro out of the way... Once in a while, something USEFUL comes out of the hot-air blowing BBS known as Animation Nation. Between the pettiness, rudeness, and general complaining about the downturn of the animation industry in in the US and artists' inability to do anything about it since they DON'T want to make hard management and financial decisions, this is a rare treat.

Here's a link courtesy of an AN member that's off the Internet Archive. There are a ton of public domain cartoons downloadable from there in MPEG-2 format if you want. YES, that means you could technically burn these films to a DVD if you had the equipment and software to do it.

50-some public domain cartoons featuring Superman (Fleischer-style), Popeye, Betty Boop, Woody Woodpecker, and Mighty Mouse are at http://www.archive.org/search.php?query ... c_cartoons

There are tons of other things at the Internet Archive, but cartoons are what most of you want, no?

P.S. -- Quite a few of these cartoons are also available on those $1 DVDs that have been sold at Wal-Mart...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 25th, 2005, 6:46 am

Changed your message name to fit in the essense, George.

Interesting link! I have most of these, but a check up for new prints and transfers might be something I do when I have a few days spare (!!!) ;)