Random questions

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » November 1st, 2004, 6:47 am

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 1st, 2004, 10:39 am

o.O

*checks to see how much info I put in my profile*

*doesn't see my first name in my profile*

What the...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » November 3rd, 2004, 3:32 pm

If you need phpBB access, I recomend Quickfox. It is easy to sign up, they can automatically install one of 3 message boards for you (phpBB, YaSB, or Invision), you get both web and ftp access, and it is a generally good server. If you need more info on it, just email me.

-Michael
Mickeyfans Website
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Uli » November 5th, 2004, 6:58 am

Last edited by Uli on May 25th, 2007, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2004, 3:43 pm

Not that I know of. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Asigiri » November 7th, 2004, 3:41 pm

Macaluso wrote:up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start: Level Select code on Sonic 1.

...oh, DVDs? Nevermind.
I simply cannot leave this one alone despite it being unrelated to the DVD. The level select code on Sonic 1 is "up, down, left, right, hold A, start" Unless your not refering to the original release and it has been changed otherwise?

Then in that case, "whoops".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 7th, 2004, 4:38 pm

Asigiri wrote:
Macaluso wrote:up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, select, start: Level Select code on Sonic 1.

...oh, DVDs? Nevermind.
I simply cannot leave this one alone despite it being unrelated to the DVD. The level select code on Sonic 1 is "up, down, left, right, hold A, start" Unless your not refering to the original release and it has been changed otherwise?

Then in that case, "whoops".
I'm glad someone noticed it but...
Nope. I had the game since it came out. And that's been the code.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by otma1918 » November 9th, 2004, 12:35 am

that's actually the Konami Contra code... (and most other Konami NES games)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MusicFan » November 9th, 2004, 7:44 pm

otma1918 wrote:that's actually the Konami Contra code... (and most other Konami NES games)
Welcome to the boards, otma1918. Wow, I can't believe I would be too oblivious to not notice that. I even have a shirt that has The Konami Code on it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Alcoholism and/or Cancer in the Family: A college project

Post by mr. squarepants » November 16th, 2004, 8:21 pm

Hello, Everyone

I truly don't mean for this message to be SPAM. Trust me, I don't want to sell anything to you guys. However, I do need some help.

I am currently enrolled in a Sociology of the Family course at my college. For the class' final exam, we have been placed into teams, and given a research paper to do. However, instead of simply typing in a subject at Google and studying someone else's research, the class must do its own research. Thus, as one way of doing research, my team has started a Yahoo! group: "Alcoholism and/or Cancer in the Family". Here is the group's front page message:

Welcome. This Yahoo! group has been created by a team of students as part of a study for a research paper for the class Sociology of the Family. The study which the students are conducting compares the effects of alcoholism and cancer on families, in an attempt to discover which disease has the most negative effects.

This Yahoo! group is dedicated to studying the effects that such diseases as alcoholism and cancer have on the family. If, as a child, you grew up with a parent(s) who suffered from one or both of these diseases, please, if you do not mind, share your childhood experience with us, by filling out a private survey which we will e-mail to you. Messages on the messageboard are greatly appreciated as well.

If you are interested in taking the survey, please let us know by sending us an e-mail or a private message.

Any information on the subject that you would give to us would be appreciated. Thank you very much for your help and for visiting this group.

If you folks would please post some messages at the Yahoo! group [membership is not required], I would be very grateful. Also, please spread the word. The more opinions my team has, the better the research will be.

Thank you very, very much.

Here is the link for the group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alcoholis ... r_project/
Last edited by mr. squarepants on November 19th, 2004, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cartoon Superstars Question...

Post by Macaluso » November 18th, 2004, 4:50 pm

Okay, a story on the main page, reminded me of an old 80s cartoon about not doing drugs and stuff, that had a BUNCH of different cartoon characters in it like Ninja Turtles, Alvin and the Chipmunks and Winnie the Pooh... Does ANYONE know the name of this cartoon, and where I can find it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Cartoon Superstars Question...

Post by macontosh2000 » November 18th, 2004, 5:27 pm

Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue

I would check ebay, or if you want to rent it blockbuster.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 18th, 2004, 5:32 pm

*huggles you*

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » November 18th, 2004, 11:54 pm

Due to an e-mail I received (not from AN, but from a person at another site), it has come to my attention that, even though I did not mean to, by posting a message, at forums and messageboards, in which I asked for people to join my Yahoo! group, I was posting "spam". That truly was not my intention. I simply wanted some people to join my Yahoo! group and to fill out a survey for me, for a research paper I am working on. However, I see that what I did, I did not do in the correct manner.

I am sorry, and ask for each individual's forgiveness in return. I truly did not intend to offend anybody. To those who have forgiven me, thank you.

Note to forums and messageboards in which my message is still up: Apparently some moderators have not had a problem with the invitation message I posted. Thus, I will leave my message up, and will let each moderator decide for himself or herself whether or not the message should stay. To the moderator, if you have any problem with the previous, invitation message whatsoever, please delete the message.

Once again, I am sorry.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 19th, 2004, 12:04 am

How the hell is this spam?

It's a fine General Discussions post.

Tell that e-mailer to shove it, man. Keep tryin' to get people to join this thing of yours.