Pinocchio and The Emperor of the Night (1987).

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pinocchio and The Emperor of the Night (1987).

Post by CyrusGrissom » August 14th, 2007, 2:44 pm

It's a highly underrated, delightfully macabre and unique Filmation animated horror fantasy with the voices of James Earl Jones, Don Knotts, Tom Bosley, Rickie Lee Jones, Scott Grimes and Ed Asner and features very good animation considering it's better then anything Filmation has done.

I remembered when i was 5 seeing this at a mall theater when i lived in St. Louis and it scared the crap out of me especially when the evil puppet master was turning Pinocchio back into a puppet, such a horrifying scene. If you like obscure animated gems, dark animated movies and 80's animation then i highly recommend it for it's on youtube.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 14th, 2007, 9:27 pm

I'd like to see this on DVD. It was animated by a separate unit than Filmation's TV crew, so it would be interesting to see. Sorry, YouTube doesn't do it for me when watching movies. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 19th, 2007, 10:38 am

I agree on all counts!

Pinocchio &TEOTN is perhaps the best thing Filmation did for theaters, though I can't be bothered with watching full movies on YouTube.

BCI have P&TEOTN in their library, so it's only a matter of time before it comes to legit DVD.