Your Favorite Disney Princess

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links

Your Favorite Disney Princess:

Snow White (Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs)
6%
Cinderella (Cinderella)
11%
Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
11%
Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
22%
Belle (Beauty And The Beast)
28%
Jasmine (Aladdin)
6%
Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
6%
Mulan (Mulan)
11%

Total votes: 18

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 23rd, 2008, 2:43 pm

I think this is essentially going back to the discussion we already had going in the other thread.

If we merge, we'll lost a poll. Time to merge, Dan?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 23rd, 2008, 2:46 pm

Good princess comparison, Dusterian, but not enough time for me to add a ton to the discussion! :)

Whatever is explained in the films, "Cinders" got her name, originally, from the Cockney character Buttons, in old English pantomime versions of the story.

Like commoners calling well-to-do folk "guv'nor" or "squire", this was Buttons' nickname for Cinderella. She never got called Cinders by anyone else and, of course, there are no mice in original versions.

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 23rd, 2008, 2:48 pm

Ben wrote:Whatever is explained in the films, "Cinders" got her name, originally, from the Cockney character Buttons, in old English pantomime versions of the story
Buttons? :shock:.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 23rd, 2008, 2:50 pm

I don't think Disney Heroes is still going, is it?

And some of those characters were definitely not in the line up, which focused more on the more recent muscle bound guys - Aladdin, Hercules, Tarzan...

I'm not sure whether to lock this before it gets out of hand...how many princess/fairytales/heroes threads and polls do we need here...it's not really what this forum is about.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 23rd, 2008, 2:56 pm

Yes. Read above a few posts. I'm not explaining it again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 23rd, 2008, 4:16 pm

Yeah, I think so - link.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 23rd, 2008, 4:25 pm

I'm pretty sure "Disney Heroes" has been discontinued... or not as widely seen, as say the Princess franchise.

From what I remember, Robin Hood and Arthur were not part of the brand, but Pan was surprisingly - I know, because I have a cool action figure from a set! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 23rd, 2008, 4:47 pm

Okay guys, I've merged the two princess topics together and while I was at it we really don't need a Heroes thread so that's been mixed in here too.

The "Shrek Princesses" thread has been strangled at birth before it had a chance to get going (or not).

We already have enough multiple fairytale/princess discussions going on and things were about to seriously get out of hand. Sorry if this doesn't sit well with anyone, but those discussions are not really what the AN&V Forums are about.

For more reasons, please read this announcement:
http://animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2592

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 24th, 2008, 6:26 am

All of them were in those Disney Heroes marchandise but let's leave it that way.
Okay,but i have a lot of ideas for polls (is there a favorite Pixar movie poll?).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 24th, 2008, 8:54 am

OUAD...I think we have enough polls for the moment. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » January 24th, 2008, 9:01 am

I wasn't talking about now,i"ll make them later :) (a few months) but is there a Pixar one? :) .

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Your Favorite Disney Princess

Post by Dusterian » January 24th, 2008, 12:53 pm

[quote="Ben"]I'm not sure the "fairest one of all" poll should have been axed, I think that should have come in here because it fits more with the topic than the heroes thing. I mean, with the title of the thread.

Anyway, well Cinders just makes so much sense to me that I think people could come up with it on their own, but I can't say I've ever heard anyone say it and I asked them if they got it from the pantomime.

You have a site to run, Ben, so I realize now you may not have time and are too busy with everything else on the site to do what you want, even to say as much as you want about something, which is a shame. So, thank you for reading what I said. I was hoping anyone else would say more about it, but I time will tell.

No one will get this joke unless they remember what I said in the "fairest" poll, but here it is anyway in regards to what happened to the recent threads:

I didn't know this place had an immune system!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 24th, 2008, 1:20 pm

The fairest poll <I>has</I> been merged into here, so all the comments are in here somewhere...it's just the poll choices themselves that got "axed". :)

The reasons were plentiful, but it essentially boiled down to the fact that we seem to have a similar grouping of threads that have been kept going by a small group of people who are talking about nothing other than princess sequels. On top of that, we had a princess poll, then another one!

It was actually someone else who raised the point that things were getting a little unbalanced around here and, when I checked, I couldn't believe the amount of like-minded topics and comments.

So...there's more to animation than these darned princess sequels!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by SleepingBeautyAurora » January 24th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Ben suggested Princess Discussions be moved to another forum so I went ahead and created one. Anyone interested in joining send me a pm.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 24th, 2008, 7:50 pm

I'm very happy to keep talking princesses here, based on the artwork, quality and validity of the projects, but not the somewhat inane chat that the conversations have been watering down into recently.

If you have a valid point to make about them, go ahead. If you just want to talk kids' stuff, then send Aurora a private message.

:)