Disney Princesses Masterpiece Jigsaw

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Princesses Masterpiece Jigsaw

Post by GRUNT » February 6th, 2008, 9:53 am

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in - feel free to move it if it is. :]

The other day, I was in a jigsaw store and I saw these two lovely Disney Princess jigsaws from some 'Masterpiece' series.

Indeed, the artwork on these were beautiful - there was one for Belle and one for Cinderella - if there are more for other princesses, they weren't in the store.

These are (very very) rough thumbnail sketchies of how I remember the artwork to be like: http://img170.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... cespv9.jpg

Belle's actually smiling at the camera, not looking at the book :P. It's kinda as though you wandered in as she was reading and she's putting the book down and looking up at you :P. Of course - I can never do justice to the intricate folds in their dresses. What really struck me was the composition and style of the two of them. They have something of that 18-19th century portrait feel, I think.

The reason why I'm so fascinated by them is that even though the princesses look the way they're supposed to, everything's painted in a very 'realistic' way. Both their dresses have this gorgeous sheen to them.

I also think there's something insanely cool about how each painting's got like....the signature trait of each of the Princesses. Like Belle's got a book, and Cinderella's got the clocktower in the background.

I was wondering if anybody here would know where I can find these artworks online? No cameras allowed in jigsaw puzzle stores :]. I've spent ages on google and ebay, but to no avail. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Princess Jigsaws

Post by Dusterian » February 6th, 2008, 12:21 pm

It turns out this is NOT the right place to post something like this. Me and some others have been talking about Disney princess a lot and people complained it was too much about them. We can only talk about Disney characters in relation to their films, and the general animation world.
EDIT: I guess it really IS OK to talk about it here.

So the puzzles have come over from Japan! What I don't understand is...why didn't you just buy them?!

If you want more info on them, go here and look through the thread. THAT is a place where you can talk about these kinds of things.

But stay around here to talk about Disney animation, and other things!
Last edited by Dusterian on February 7th, 2008, 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 6th, 2008, 2:15 pm

I think Dusty's got the wrong end of the stick - when it comes to something like this, here is the perfect place to talk about them!

What was getting up some noses (mine included) was the inane chatter about the silliest of nonsense to do with the Princess merchandising line and direct-to-video sequels...projects that were in danger of unbalancing this forum and taking it down several notches from healthy conversation to blandness.

So...these puzzles...they sound amazing...thanks to Dusty's link, there are some images in there, especially on the Japanese site.

Nice! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 6th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Ben wrote:What was getting up some noses (mine included) was the inane chatter about the silliest of nonsense to do with the Princess merchandising line and direct-to-video sequels
And how puzzels get any different? :? in the same way it can be add to the Disney Princess poll like the other threads :? i just don't see why puzzles are any different,or are you saying that if let's say Disney makes a new line of Princess DVDs (like Enchanted Tales) i can open a new thread for that,but not polls about Shrek Princesses or who's the prettiest Disney Princess?.
Anyway those puzzles are nice :D did other princesses got any puzzle like those?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 6th, 2008, 2:56 pm

I think you answered yourself there.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 7th, 2008, 2:03 am

Wow, those jigsaw puzzles sounds awesome! And I think yours drawing is good GRUNT! Much better than I could ever do. :lol:

Thanks to Dusterians link, here's one I really like:

Amazing! :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 7th, 2008, 6:51 am

Okay,so this means that,for exmaple,i can later make a poll about Ariel's sisters and ask who whould like to see new stories about them? (like the series).
I also loved the Alice one from that thread,Daniel :D.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 7th, 2008, 2:14 pm

OUAD, I think we'd really rather prefer some serious animation polls - if we even need them at all - and not something as banal and tenuous as Ariel's sister's best friend's cousin's room mate's pet fish's favorite color, or something. The general complaints was that the forums were getting dumbed down with princess blandness, and it happened to be something I agreed with.

So..."no". :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Princess Jigsaws

Post by Dusterian » February 7th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Oh...sorry Ben.

However, I do find it odd that it's not okay for a poll about which is the prettiest princess, which directly refers to how they were designed, a very animationy thing, but this is about merchandise (that doesn't even look much like them, I must add), and yet it's okay.

Once polls like that aren't really cared about much here. That's more something for UD, okay? This forum is for animation fans in general, not Disney animation fans.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 7th, 2008, 3:40 pm

Maybe I should clam up!

The forum is for all animation fans...Disney perhaps in particular, but we'd just care for a higher level of conversation than the way the princess discussions were going.

Asking which is the prettiest princess, in this case, was not about animation, but just another example of the dumbing down that's been spreading across the boards recently.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney Princess Jigsaws

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 8th, 2008, 3:35 am

Dusterian wrote:Once polls like that aren't really cared about much here. That's more something for UD, okay? This forum is for animation fans in general, not Disney animation fans.
Oh,okay :).
But i agree,why puzzels (marchandise) are okay but other things dosn't?.