General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Animation has a website!

Post by harkin » August 8th, 2008, 8:13 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 9th, 2008, 1:41 pm

oh wow, Ive been waiting forEVER for an official site of the studio that actually covers the classic animation. All their other official movie sites are plagues with Hannah Montana ads.

This looks like Pixar's official site. Love it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Victor Ens » August 9th, 2008, 4:55 pm

I personally like it. It's nice and simple !
I love the "About us" section which includes animation artwork from the old masters. Would like to see more though, but on the other hand there will be never a point where I'd say "enough" :wink:
Cheers
-Vic-

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » August 9th, 2008, 8:01 pm

Somebody e-mailed me about this so I posted it on the front page and have just now found this thread.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 9th, 2008, 10:46 pm

It's a great idea and I'd die for some info on those future projects but...there's so little there. Background just not right....lettering on projects/FAQ horrible--and that new Mickey logo we've already seen. (why is it so tiny?) Just not right--this is Disney , not some random company's website.

PatrickvD wrote:This looks like Pixar's official site. Love it.
Sorry, but I just don't see that. :( Pixar's site is absoutely gorgeous, accessible, well-designed...(reminds me of Apple products) better than this in every way. I just hope it doesn't stay like this. DreamWorks Animation's site is a bit "cluttered" but at least tons of vibrancy and color....this is Walt Disney animation for crying out loud....where the heck is....the animation?? :wink: :P

*one plus: the old sketches of the Classics....beautiful.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 9th, 2008, 11:14 pm

I like it. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Gnomeo » August 10th, 2008, 2:28 am

Heeey, why nobody talks about the **AMAZING** concept art from The Frog Princess?? :o Chris hasn't mentioned it on main, either. I think it's a thousand times morew beautiful than the title treatments and the concept from Bolt :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2008, 8:21 am

Noe of the images being posted here in the forums are showing for me, and there's a "problem loading page" when I try to go to the site... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Gnomeo » August 10th, 2008, 8:27 am

Yeah, the website seems to be down... Maybe some Disney animator made it in the shadows, publishing all that super-secret concept art. And now he is in Guantanamo :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 10th, 2008, 10:27 am

Ahh...well, at leat it wasn't my end playing up then. I thought it might be one of those "not available outside the USA" jobs...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Gnomeo » August 10th, 2008, 10:32 am