Keep Your Collections in Order & Tabulated...

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
GeorgeC

Keep Your Collections in Order & Tabulated...

Post by GeorgeC » January 6th, 2009, 1:03 am

http://www.pure-mac.com/collect.html

Link to a lot of Mac software to help keep media and book collections in order and noted.

Some of us have a big problem keeping track of collections and didn't know what to do or use to solve this problem...

Well, if you have a Mac it's pretty much all here! A lot of the software is freeware (thank you, Linux and Mac OS X community!) and some of it has modest shareware fees less than $30 which is a steal for any piece of software.

If it's typical Mac quality and ease of us, even an orangutan should be able to figure out how to use the software.

Windows Users may not be out of luck. Keep the link anyway and go through the software piece-by-piece to their homepages. They may have Windows versions, too.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 6th, 2009, 8:27 am

Since I started selling off my DVD collection I don't use them as much, but I have DVDpedia and Delicious Library - both good choices for Mac.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 6th, 2009, 3:36 pm

I was in a book store over Christmas and wondered if I already had a book I very much wanted to get. I passed at the time but still need to check and see if I have it!

I almost bought a Felix The Cat DVD I saw once before my mind told me I had it somewhere. Sure enough I did have it.

Since running this site, I've mostly been unable to keep up with my lists. As stated elsewhere somewhere here, I was actually part way through setting up a program/website idea with someone that would allow us geeks to keep track of multiple "stocks" of memorabilia collections and such, but then the guy I was creating this with went weird and we haven't really talked since... :(