YouTube Goodness

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by ShyViolet » October 28th, 2019, 7:05 pm

Cute! I like it! :). (And thanks for providing the translation/lyrics.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2019, 2:02 pm

Tokyo Disneyland commercial:

Beautiful. Really pulls on those heartstrings! Love the anime style. Nobody does it like Tokyo Disney!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 6th, 2019, 3:10 pm

Beautiful! Mysterious and adventurous all at once! Reminds me very much of Spirited Away actually.

The combination of two cultures is really well done...each are magical in their own way. The “Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes” song fits perfectly. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 6th, 2019, 7:24 pm

Daniel wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 2:02 pm
Tokyo Disneyland commercial:
Beautiful. Really pulls on those heartstrings! Love the anime style. Nobody does it like Tokyo Disney!
Yes, but what would anime BE without the girly-shoujo episodes set at theme parks that only faintly/legally resemble Tokyo Disneyland?
The one from "Robot Carnival" (with music by Studio Ghibli's Jo Hisaishi) being one of the better ones:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 6th, 2019, 8:52 pm

That was actually quite engaging. Lovely background music.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 17th, 2019, 4:04 pm

“Talkin’ Softball”

https://youtu.be/IAJHDiO8Fr0

Just so epic...! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 19th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Interesting since they’re all done now anyway. And if another trilogy is launched he’ll only be proving his own point! :roll:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248369 ... ss-is-more

EDIT: Oh my gosh wrong thread! :? Meant to put this Disney Renaissance 2.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » November 20th, 2019, 12:39 am

ShyViolet wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 5:17 pm
Interesting since they’re all done now anyway. And if another trilogy is launched he’ll only be proving his own point! :roll:
"Think we've made too many in a short time"--
Oh, what, you mean like that Rogue One/Solo plan to create "side stories" about pointless back characters so that you'd still have one for December every year even if the Episodes weren't ready yet? Darn, and thought that would work out so well! :P

(insert Ben/Dacey nitpick about Solo having come out in May, followed by reminder about the Ron Howard director-switch delaying the release six months.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 20th, 2019, 5:37 am

Actually, Eric...that was just the point. Solo *wasn't* delayed by the director switch, and came out in the same May slot that it was planned in originally.

Had it actually been delayed six months, and given us time to get over TLJ, I think the box-office on Solo would have been much, much better.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 20th, 2019, 9:04 am

Bob Iger quote from article: (BBC Radio interview)
I have said publicly that I think we made and released too many Star Wars films over a short period of time. I have not said that they were disappointing in any way. I’ve not said that I'm disappointed in their performance. I just think that there’s something so special about a Star Wars film, and less is more.
Really. “Less is more”? Right. And “special”? The new Star Wars films that we’ve seen so far have looked great and been adequately entertaining, but I think most audiences AND fans would agree that special they were not. It’s a bit late to make these kinds of pronouncements NOW, and not back when Disney first bought LucasFilm. Did Iger ever say back then: “We’ve just bought Star Wars, let’s make some special, resonant films!”

I’m sure he’s crying all the way to the bank. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 20th, 2019, 5:17 pm

(Also quoted in the CinemaBlend Article)

From an interview with The New York Times two months ago;
I just think that we might’ve put a little bit too much in the marketplace too fast. I think the storytelling capabilities of the company are endless because of the talent we have at the company, and the talent we have at the company is better than it’s ever been, in part because of the influx of people from Fox.
A few things:

Their non-stop marketing of one franchise after another (both in theaters, TV and streaming) hasn’t slowed down to a more careful pace whatsoever, and is currently faster than a speeding bullet (sorry to steal the phrase but it might eventually become appropriate should Disney acquire Warner Bros/DC/Superman as well.)

I also think it’s really funny that he refers to “talent” within the Walt Disney company without mentioning one single name, as well as WHY that talent is “better than it’s ever been.” And most importantly how that talent is planning to shape Disney and its future regarding parks, movies, animation, etc...(Plus mentioning the “storytelling capabilities” of the company, and not one single detail, even a vague one, on the how or why involved, is basically a very good indicator that all of Iger’s interactions with the press are nothing but PR. :?)

Most importantly of all, I find his attributing much of Disney’s current success to “an influx of people from Fox”, troubling. Not that there’s anything wrong with new blood of course (Eisner brought many studio executives from Paramount with him) but that once again there’s no listing of who this talent is and the hopefully positive impact he/she will have on Walt Disney Co. When Eisner and Co. arrived at Disney there were many articles describing new Paramount executive influx: profiles of of course Jeffrey Katzenberg and Frank Wells, but down the line also Richard Frank, Dick Cook, Ricardo Mestres, as well as other newcomers. The good thing was that the new people were there to revitalize a great company for the 1980s and yet still let it remain true to its heritage. If they hadn’t kept that part in mind, Disney would be simply be a clone of Warner’s or Paramount or Universal nowadays.

Iger is not “updating” the company for the 21st century, as it was updated for the 1980s. He is building an EXTREMELY successful Hollywood operation that basically prints money and happens to be named after this man who owned an animation studio in the 1930s and then made some cartoons that we still market because they ALWAYS manage to really rake it in. That’s who’s running the Walt Disney company now.

But hey, at least the stock is doing really well. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 27th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Next Gen bloopers! :). (From CBS season 2 DVD preview)

https://youtu.be/4NOM-kLfDR8

Trust me, you won’t be the same after you watch these. :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 28th, 2019, 5:32 pm

*wipes eyes*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 28th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Ditto, Dacey. :cry:

Thanks SO MUCH for posting!!!! :) :) :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 28th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Ahh...synergy.

;)

More seriously, that is pretty awesome. Betcha El Spielbergo just got a greenlight for some personal project in exchange for allowing that.