YouTube Goodness

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by Randall » February 19th, 2022, 2:23 am

Nice. I love Gray's themes for these shows.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 19th, 2022, 1:04 pm

I love Barry Gray's music, as well. :)

Another fun Gerry Anderson-related trailer (for a screening that I unfortunately couldn't attend) is a japanese theatrical release of Thunderbirds: The Anniversary Episodes -- a crowdfunded UK production that made three filmed episodes from vintage 'audio-only' Thunderbirds tales that had only ever been available on records .. with puppetry and VFX from much of the original TV Century 21 staff. These episodes were originally released in the UK in 2015, for the TV series' 50th anniversary.

Thunderbirds premiered in Japan in 1966 .. making 2021 its 55th anniversary in Japan. The japanese word for five is 'go' .. so, this feature-length compilation is titled Thunderbirds Are Go Go (five five). :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 19th, 2022, 6:16 pm

There's a good documentary streaming on Amazon Prime (obviously made to accompany a UK DVD boxset) "Filmed in Supermarionation", narrated by Lady P and Parker, of course:
https://www.amazon.com/Filmed-Supermari ... 07BDR45QW/

I...never actually knew about the Stanley Unwin series, until it showed up on streaming with the other Andersons.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 20th, 2022, 11:33 am

I was a very excited supporter of that Kickstarter, and also a purchaser of the Filmed in Supermarionation deluxe box set, which came with a hardcover book and other goodies. I only discovered Supermarionation as an adult, but I'm in love with those programs now. The recent UK Blu-ray releases of the shows, in deluxe box sets, are quite great.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 22nd, 2022, 3:12 pm

RPG does other great impressions too!! :shock:

https://youtu.be/pdLNPKh19kw
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 22nd, 2022, 3:46 pm

His Stan Lee reminds me more of Nathan Lane's Timon. Some are okay, but some are off.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 21st, 2022, 8:50 pm

Modern trailer for E.T. :D

https://youtu.be/fVZB6QXMEzM

Interesting how the family scenes in the actual film were somewhat influenced by Spielberg’s childhood. Wonder if this trailer can be seen as a hint of what “The Fableman’s” biopic will be like? :). (Well, sort of.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 30th, 2022, 11:45 am

Extended cut of original “E.T. Came Home for Christmas” short, from Sky! :)

https://youtu.be/52roM4-5GWs

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 30th, 2022, 7:21 pm

Eliott: "Hey, ET… Take. Your. Medicine…" ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 2nd, 2022, 12:16 am

Short and to the point.

That's what Marty gets for insulting Gloria.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 2nd, 2022, 1:03 am

:lol:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2022, 3:53 am

But that makes no sense! How would a fish be able to survive out of the water in Africa? That makes about as much sense as someone getting up at the Oscars and smacking one of the presenters live on air!

;)

Mind you, that has led to some stinging jokes that are doing the rounds. For a couple of days our phones have been buzzing with various versions of things. He did a stupid thing and made a pretty lame joke worse by now having it repeated ad infinitum and drawing attention to to the whole situation, whereas if he’d just have grinned and beared it, the joke would have fallen flat, it would have gone away, and everyone would likely be piling on Chris Rock for making fun of someone with an apparent medical condition. But…no…he let himself down and ruined the night for everyone else.

Then again, it’s a pretty valiant thing to stand up and defend someone else's girl like that… ;) :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 2nd, 2022, 5:12 pm

And if Rock had gone with a less stale reference, ie., "Yo, Jada--Wakanda Forever!", would he have been slapped?
And, conversely, if Seth MacFarlane had been slapped for the Lincoln joke, he'd have been martyr-shrined in holy culture forever, next to Saint Ricky, instead of seeing his future hosting career instantly die onstage.

(I'm guessing everyone suddenly rushing to IMDb to find out what the heck "GI Jane" was has probably caused a spike in Amazon rentals, but, given it's a Ridley Scott movie...probably not.
Yes, "The Last Duel" jokes will ALWAYS be fresh.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » April 2nd, 2022, 10:11 pm

Dacey wrote:
April 2nd, 2022, 12:16 am

That's what Marty gets for insulting Gloria.

I forgot that Chris and Jada 'worked together' in the Madagascar movies. My brain was telling me they had done something together but it couldn't remember what.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 5th, 2022, 4:47 pm