AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2022, 10:38 am

:)

Star Trek: TNG: The Animated Series
(Modeled on the TOS Animated Series)

https://youtu.be/Jyz2pVqrEkI
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 13th, 2022, 12:19 pm

Wow, that's awesome. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 13th, 2022, 12:30 pm

Ah Filmation.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 13th, 2022, 12:49 pm

Oh cheesus, that's absolutely brilliant, straight out-of-a-time-capsule stuff! The execution is excellent, really authentic. TNG…before TNG!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 13th, 2022, 2:25 pm

Glad you guys liked it! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 15th, 2022, 12:25 am

I dare anyone here to get through all ten minutes of this. Consider it an endurance test.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 15th, 2022, 1:13 am

Ummmm... you convinced me not to try.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 15th, 2022, 5:29 am

What is this, and who and what is it for? :?

I can think of a better name for this, swapping the y for an a in the title…

Actually, that’s not the worst thing I’ve ever endured, but certainly one of the most bizarre, with its many lapses in good choices and very questionable "humor". The coin really wanted to be Robin Williams, eh? That’ll get Rand to try it… ;)

Paramount's (and Warners, and…many more!) lawyers should definitely take a look, though…!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 15th, 2022, 11:16 am

That’s a reupload. The original got taken down due to it immediately becoming a joke on the internet (and also possibly for Ben’s aforementioned legal reasons).

It’s intended as a promotional video for a (probably doomed) actual resort for “crypto bros”…

https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ls-through

I “love” how they refer the short as “lavishly animated” here (seriously, Guardian, step up your game!). But the cartoon reflects the unbearable smugness of “crypto culture” and how they’re trying to “sell” crypto, right down to the gag in which cash is disregarded as only be suitable as toilet paper.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 15th, 2022, 2:33 pm

Dacey wrote:
April 15th, 2022, 11:16 am
But the cartoon reflects the unbearable smugness of “crypto culture” and how they’re trying to “sell” crypto, right down to the gag in which cash is disregarded as only be suitable as toilet paper.
How about the documentary where they show PD clips (back when it still was) of the bank-run scene from It's a Wonderful Life, as "proof" of what will happen when our cash-based economies collapse? :lol:
I kept wondering why streaming channels were STILL running that, after the Bitcoin Bust, but, apparently, that's one's still around, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by GeffreyDrogon » April 15th, 2022, 11:18 pm

Look what I found!

VFX artists add a Velociraptor head to one of the main characters in West Side Story.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 16th, 2022, 3:16 am

Gosh, they’re still running with that Ansel Elgort is a predator story, eh?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » April 20th, 2022, 11:40 pm

I figure this is as good of a place as any since I wasn't sure if it would be worth drawing up a full thread for it (though I imagine we could if interest gets high enough).

I didn't see any talk about it and was curious to see if it would spark some interest. In 1984, NBC aired a sitcom called The Duck Factory, which chronicled the work-place antics of a small, independent animation house in Hollywood. It was co-created by Allan Burns, who was previously a writer/animator for Jay Ward before going into live-action to co-create hit shows like The Mary Tyler Moore Show and The Munsters. Notable cast members include Jim Carrey in his first starring role and the late famed voice actor Don Messick in his only live-action role. Despite garnering two Emmy Awards (Title Sequence and Art Direction), the show only lasted one season. This was partly due to the inexplicable out-of-order airing of episodes (such as the last episode was supposed to be the second episode, making for absolute lack of cohesion and consistency throughout).

Presented here is the first episode: