AV Founder

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by James » June 12th, 2014, 10:49 am

Honest Trailers: The Lion King

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 12th, 2014, 11:51 am

That was very, very funny! :lol: Thanks James!
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 12th, 2014, 4:51 pm

It kind of coasted along there but the song moments near the end really made me gaffaw. "We dunno-a what we are a-singing"...haha, very well done! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 13th, 2014, 11:46 am

:o

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 13th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Okay, that is several heaps of all kinds of awesome right there. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Web Videos (not YouTube)

Post by droosan » June 18th, 2014, 12:55 pm

An inspired bit of 'mash-up' silliness: Viva Go-Go-Go :mrgreen:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 25th, 2014, 10:49 am

Excellent...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 25th, 2014, 11:01 pm

Love both of those last two mash-ups!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » July 18th, 2014, 12:37 am

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 20th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Hey George! :)

Been doing a little time travel yourself? We're looking forward to the start of the Capaldi season here in the UK in just a couple of weeks!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » July 22nd, 2014, 4:20 am

No...
I'm remembering something about old heroes.
For the first time in a VERY long time, I found something on YouTube besides old documentaries that connected with me.

I TOTALLY get why this man is the definitive Doctor for many people despite the fact that I'm not even a big Doctor Who fan.
He has a presence that is lacking in so many of the popular actors of today.
I would have loved to have heard his voice at least in some of the animated features that have popped up over the years.
He's got a voice you DON'T forget...
I haven't watched the whole episode this snippet came out of but from what I gather it was one of the highlights if not the big point in the entire special.
Whoever scored the music for this clip, it was a great choice. Melancholy music seems to work best with this kind of remembrance... it was bittersweet.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 22nd, 2014, 8:53 am

Tom Baker is a national treasure here. Certainly was "my" Doctor, and I'm still thrilled to have a 6th birthday card signed to me as a souvenir of meeting him.

George...you need to check out Little Britain, the Matt Lucas/David Walliams sketch show...Baker narrates the segment links hilariously. Also, when the UK started doing vocal recordings of text messaging, Baker provided the words - but they had to remove his voice from the service since people were finding it funny to "make" him say some very questionable things!

Amazing voice indeed...also check out some of the British series Dead Ringers, where an impressionist does a perfect Baker as the Doctor out and about in his "natural llife", like buying a wardrobe (which he's sad isn't bigger on the inside)...!

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » July 24th, 2014, 7:13 pm

It's next-to-impossible to find any of the classic pre-1990s SNL on YouTube. Licensing agreements mean that many clips are blocked from viewing by country.
Instead, lo and behold I find there's a mother-load of really good classic Saturday Night Live skits on Yahoo! including decent helpings from the 1980s.
Continuing with the iconic representation theme is probably the best Superman parody sketch I've seen on SNL featuring the iconic live-action Superman, Christopher Reeve, as an earnest if less-than-competent Man of Steel...

P.S. -- He's still WAY better than Henry Cavill and Tom Welling... Don't even get me started on the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman. I don't hate Affleck -- he just doesn't have screen presence.

https://screen.yahoo.com/superman-audit ... L+Superman

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 27th, 2014, 4:11 pm

It's old, but this remains one of the best trailer mash-ups I've ever seen...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 2nd, 2014, 3:37 pm

OMG this is soooo funny, by the same guy who did the Lord of the Rings/Lucas and Indiana Jones videos. *some profanity*

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!