YouTube Goodness

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by ShyViolet » February 26th, 2021, 10:36 pm

Glad you liked it! :)

Here’s the Raiders one. Not quite as good in my opinion, but still pretty neat. (It has more of an “adventure” tone, not really mystical. That’s the only thing I might change, and maybe a little more momentum.)

https://youtu.be/j_48dkGB90Q

Oh, for some reason, it reminds me a lot of the 2011 Tintin movie trailers. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 27th, 2021, 5:00 am

I know these things are limited by having to use dialogue sections without music and effects behind them, but for such an awesome action picture, this was also way too talky. After the initial buildup it really needed to have a "break" into the high-octane thrills: as with the SW one at the lightspeed moment, here when he says "I'm making this up as I go" it should go full-pelt into big score, massive action. They’re well put together, and do serve up a "what's the mystery?" element, but they also kind of fail to sell the actual kind of film they’re promoting. Though they’re nicely done! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 27th, 2021, 12:32 pm

Yeah, the Ghostbusters one is still my favorite. :)

https://youtu.be/h6mboNIdFq8
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 27th, 2021, 1:05 pm

I understand the concept, but you CANNOT OUTDO the original Raiders trailer for being one of the best of the 80's.
Possibly on the list of the best ever made, for those who film-study these things as genre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkkzKHCx154

By the same token, I assume he's done a new version of Batman 1989's trailer? :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 5th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Wizard of Oz (1939). A fun one. :)

https://youtu.be/zhy3KfRUobI

They don’t use the original theme though, but I guess it’s to stress that “modern” feel.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 5th, 2021, 9:13 pm

:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 9th, 2021, 5:12 pm

Kung-Fu Panda Honest Trailer. A bit mediocre, but some good jokes. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 14th, 2021, 1:33 pm

Why The Blank character from Dick Tracy is so rare and nearly impossible to get:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9rlwdec3g0&t=64s

Personally, even as a kid, I always thought the ending with Madonna was pretty lame. I know it was really because of a last-minute change due to Warren Beatty's relationship with her, but it never felt genuine in my opinion. Even still, I LOVED THIS FILM BACK THEN, and appreciate it even more now! :) :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 14th, 2021, 8:28 pm

Roger Rabbit, Rocketeer and Dick Tracy make up an unofficial Golden Age trilogy of 90s Disney films ripped from the printed page, and when we ran DT a couple of years ago in our theatre, it was the least seen and one of the best received. I hadn’t seen it for a few years (actually, it was one of the first films I ran in our future theatre space way back before it was kitted out) and it’s still such a special film, and a triumph as one of the last old-school photochemically created visual effects pictures. Great songs too, and now fun to see Saul "the Bear" Berenson at the piano with Madge!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 15th, 2021, 11:56 pm

Yeah, I had two Breathless Mahoney dolls (the three-inch plastic and Barbie-sized one), one Dick Tracy, the Dick Tracy activity book, trading cards, plus some other stuff. Also I loved, loved, loved the novelization. :).

Plus used to watch the VHS every day for a while. I guess I was kind of a fan. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 16th, 2021, 5:45 am

When we gonna eat? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 2nd, 2021, 1:41 am

I suppose this counts as "goodness"...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 2nd, 2021, 5:06 am

They’re gonna be so peeved when Kong pulls none of that sheeeeet! ;)

Still such an awesome film. I do hate how it’s black and white and in a square picture format though. You’d think a big film like that they would have framed it for full 2.55 'Scope. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 6th, 2021, 6:12 am

Mark Elliott, the voice of Disney trailers in the 90s or, as we used to call him, "happy Disney man", has passed away age 81, as per the front page story.

It reminded me of this classic clip from a few years back, sure to put a smile on your face, "now more than ever"...!

https://vimeo.com/453478755

Nice to see him playing up to the "happy Disney man" that we always imagined him as!

RIP Mark! 😎👍

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » April 6th, 2021, 8:20 am

October 21, 2015 in Back to the Future... and now April 6, 2021 in Tiny Toons. The future has arrived.