Be glad THIS guy isn't your father...!

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » March 3rd, 2005, 11:16 am

Special_Ed wrote:"Oops...I wasn't totally thinking when I wrote that.... "

Yeah, we've noticed that pettern with you.....;)

Lindsey is a whore and Walt never would have let a "star" like her appear in one of his FAMILY films....

As for Herbie being a star, the original Love Bug was one of the top grossing films of all time when it came out...That little bug has a lot of heart...
Come on Ed, don't hold back.. tell us how you really feel about Lindsey Lohan. :lol:
While I agree her personal behavior, uh, leaves something to be desired, you can't deny her talent as an actress (even though, Ed, I know you can and will :wink:). I think that as long as she does the job that's required of her, without giving the director and producer any grief, than who the heck cares about her personal life? I really don't (unless she commits a felony, then all bets are off! :shock:)
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 3rd, 2005, 12:36 pm

"Oops...I wasn't totally thinking when I wrote that.... "

Yeah, we've noticed that pettern with you.....
Whatever. :roll: :wink:

BTW, I think Lohan is really pretty and very talented. I don't advocate the way she behaves but practically everyone in Hollywood is like that, the only reason people are down on Lohan is because she's done Disney stuff and she's so young.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » March 3rd, 2005, 12:45 pm

Yes, speaking strictly as a guy, Lindsey is a major hottie! 8)
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 3rd, 2005, 12:48 pm

Yeah, she recently did this cover in Premiere where she's almost totally naked. (Brigitte Bardot homage) If I was a guy I would be like, whoa.

Kinda risque though. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2005, 1:25 pm

We need picture links, gawdammit!! ;)

I wouldn't say I was a Lohan-follower (ooh, er, that sounds a little stalkish!), but I did like her many looks in Confessions Of A Drama Queen.

And before the Herbie production, she was a sweet-natured girl who was just what Disney was about. From what I hear, she won't be used again though, so the Mouse House does still have their standards.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » March 3rd, 2005, 1:46 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Yeah, she recently did this cover in Premiere where she's almost totally naked. (Brigitte Bardot homage) If I was a guy I would be like, whoa.

Kinda risque though. :?
Uuungh.. oh, excuse me, I just passed out there for a second. Damn, I missed that issue! Why didn't I renew my subscription sooner!? :cry:
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 3rd, 2005, 2:00 pm

Sorry about that. :wink: Maybe they can send you a back issue. :)

It was back in mid-December, I think.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 4th, 2005, 1:03 am

Ben wrote:We need picture links, gawdammit!! ;)

I wouldn't say I was a Lohan-follower (ooh, er, that sounds a little stalkish!), but I did like her many looks in Confessions Of A Drama Queen.

And before the Herbie production, she was a sweet-natured girl who was just what Disney was about. From what I hear, she won't be used again though, so the Mouse House does still have their standards.

Ben and AniMan:

There are many, many pics of Lindsay on the Internet.

All you have to do is Google her and use the Images search function.
Same deal with Yahoo!

(Yes, I've used both Engines to search for pictures of specific people -- NOT nude pictures, mind you, but just to see how they looked. >SIGH< I know nobody's going to believe that comment! LOL)

A word of caution about Lindsay, though --
she's had a nose job within the past 3 years (frankly the new nose looks better than the old one) and a bad boob job (real obvious).

If you compare and contrast the way she appeared in Freaky Friday with Mean Girls, hands-down she looked better in Freaky Friday. She did FF before she got the breast implants around the time of her 17th birthday (or so rumors say).

I'd say Lohan can be a decent actress, but I don't think she's at the level of great. Her performance on SNL -- notwithstanding the Harry Potter sketch which besides the monologue was the only good sketch on her guest-host episode -- wasn't that great. She's not very good at improv and live-theater. That's nothing to be ashamed of because most other celebrities are aren't good on SNL, either.

Considering reports of her behavior on- and off-set during Reloaded, I'm not surprised the House of Mouse is letting her go... It's just not professional behavior, bad family circumstances or not. Lots of people have had bad things happen during work on films but didn't fall apart or behave like jerks. That's the difference between being a reliable pro and someone nobody sane wants to work with.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 4th, 2005, 5:47 am

I thought she looked effing hot in mean girls.

Oh well. I enjoyed the crap out of mean girls, and I wasn't expecting it to be very good at all. But it's really funny, and a lot of the females i'm friends with, tell me that the movie wasn't too far from the truth XD

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by AniMan » March 4th, 2005, 10:39 am

Macaluso wrote:I thought she looked effing hot in mean girls.

Oh well. I enjoyed the crap out of mean girls, and I wasn't expecting it to be very good at all. But it's really funny, and a lot of the females i'm friends with, tell me that the movie wasn't too far from the truth XD
I'm with you, Macaluso! She was okay-looking in Freaky Friday, but was gorgeous in Mean Girls, hands down! :D
And, yes, it was a surprisingly funny movie. Very, very funny.
---[i]Master Yoda[/i]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 4th, 2005, 7:32 pm

I LOVED Mean Girls, my only problem with it was that other than Lohan, all of the other girls looked way older than High School. (like in Jawbreaker, which was kind of like Mean Girls if not as good)

I also think Tina Fey did a very good job. (especially since she wrote it and all)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 4th, 2005, 9:50 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I LOVED Mean Girls, my only problem with it was that other than Lohan, all of the other girls looked way older than High School. (like in Jawbreaker, which was kind of like Mean Girls if not as good)

I also think Tina Fey did a very good job. (especially since she wrote it and all)

The main "Mean Girl" actress (Rachel McAdams) was around 26/27 when they shot that picture!

Even Lacey Chabert was at least 21, too...

It's not your imagination that the characters looked old. The only actress as far as I know who was high school-aged in that movie was Lohan who was around 17 when they shot the picture.

It's not uncommon to use actors who are in their 20's to play high school teens. Most teens are lousy actors and just haven't had the training and experience to be good actors.

Fey was half-decent which is a big part of my problem with her. The writing for this movie was way better than anything that's been on SNL since Fey became a head writer on that show. It makes watching SNL while Fey's on it that much more disappointing.

Frankly, as good as the script for Mean Girls was, it's NOT the first film of its kind. Mean Girls is basically a NICER version of Heathers. It goes without saying that Heathers itself probably wasn't the first dark comedy to deal with peer pressure and gossip either, but definitely among the first teen-driven peer pressure films to be a big mainstream hit.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 5th, 2005, 4:02 pm

GeorgeC wrote:I've used both Engines to search for pictures of specific people -- NOT nude pictures, mind you, but just to see how they looked. >SIGH< I know nobody's going to believe that comment! LOL
George... my "we need pictures" comment was really made in jest. I know how easy is it to find many images of people - real and faked up - on the net. And, as I say, I'm not much of a Lohan follower. But thanks fir the thought!

Also, I gotta tell you this, and hope you take it the right way (a friendly way!) - it's Herbie: FULLY LOADED, not Reloaded as you have mentioned a couple of times now. :)

I think, of all things, Back In Action would have been a better bet, or Back In The Race, or Back On Track, In The Circuit... oh, you get the idea. Actually, Fully Loaded's not too bad. Just about does the job!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 5th, 2005, 4:03 pm

GeorgeC wrote:I've used both Engines to search for pictures of specific people -- NOT nude pictures, mind you, but just to see how they looked. >SIGH< I know nobody's going to believe that comment! LOL
George... my "we need pictures" comment was really made in jest. I know how easy is it to find many images of people - real and faked up - on the net. And, as I say, I'm not much of a Lohan follower. But thanks fir the thought!

Also, I gotta tell you this, and hope you take it the right way (a friendly way!) - it's Herbie: FULLY LOADED, not Reloaded as you have mentioned a couple of times now. :)

I think, of all things, Back In Action would have been a better bet, or Back In The Race, or Back On Track, In The Circuit... oh, you get the idea. Actually, Fully Loaded's not too bad. Just about does the job!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 5th, 2005, 6:08 pm

Frankly, as good as the script for Mean Girls was, it's NOT the first film of its kind. Mean Girls is basically a NICER version of Heathers. It goes without saying that Heathers itself probably wasn't the first dark comedy to deal with peer pressure and gossip either, but definitely among the first teen-driven peer pressure films to be a big mainstream hit.
Did you see Jawbreaker? When it came out, the producer of that film (Stacey Kramer) came to my Journalism class to talk about the movie. (My teacher, who was then the feature editor of Mirabella, knew her)

Rose McGowen must have been like, 28 or something.