Disney Shop?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney Shop?

Post by Daniel » March 9th, 2010, 4:34 pm

I normally wouldn't ask, but I can't find any results of what I'm looking for...

One of my overseas friend, has a friend that visits the US quite a lot and was wondering if I knew of a certain Disney shop. They say it's in California and goes by the nickname The Disney Dump. Sort of like an outlet for old merchandise. Well, I never heard of this place, or if I had never heard it called by its nickname. All I know in Cali is the Disney Store's and the The Disney Soda Fountain & Studio Store. Soda Fountain does carry merchandise, but not very much so that can't be it. Anyone have any ideas? I tried googling a combination of words, but nothing.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » March 9th, 2010, 4:38 pm

OMG Daniel can't find something! ;) rings a bell... sorry don't know.

Sure your not trying to find this shop for yourself? :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 9th, 2010, 4:47 pm

No, I can assure you! Though wouldn't mind finding out if such a place exists and visiting it next time I'm in town. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 9th, 2010, 6:22 pm

Sounds interesting, whatever it is! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 9th, 2010, 7:24 pm

There is a surplus store of Anaheim park merchandise, and there's even a more prestige auction-house store of actual discarded park relics--
Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of either one of them, so you'll have to take it to the core Park-fan forums like LaughingPlace or MousePlanet.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney Shop?

Post by droosan » March 9th, 2010, 7:42 pm

I dunno if this is the specific shop you're looking for, but there is a store I know of in Studio City (just a mile west of Burbank) which sort-of matches your description:

Fantasies Come True

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 9th, 2010, 8:33 pm

Yeah, sure looks like it. I shot them an email asking if they do go by that nickname. Couldn't hurt. Thanks Droo, here's hoping you're right! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 10th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Got a response and it's not them:
Fantasies Come True wrote:Hello Daniel and thanks for your email. No, we are not the Disney Dump. Sorry but it doesn’t sound familiar.
All the best
Oh well, it was a pretty good guess though. Still, big thanks Droo, I'll be sure to pass on this store's information at least, they sell the "Walt Disney Classics Collection" which I think the person collects. I have a feeling they might've gotten the name confused or something, but I'll give those sites you suggested a looksie Eric.
EricJ wrote:There is a surplus store of Anaheim park merchandise
Sounds like the Disney's Character Warehouse Outlet Store. There was one near me last year and it sold merchandise from the parks. It was awesome! Friendly workers and the prices were great. Unfortunately it was a temp store, but they said they'll probably be coming back. Currently, in a different location, there's another Disney Outlet just called "The Disney Store Outlet". Not very original, but it's what it says. Love it. Since I don't have a Disney Store near by, (closes is probably an hour away) it's convenient for picking up items I might have missed.