Passion of the Christ

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 8257
Joined: October 25th, 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY

Post by ShyViolet » March 8th, 2005, 1:43 pm

Did you guys know that there's an ANIMATED "Passion" out? (on video)

It's a lot less bloody, of course. It's pretty much intended for kids.

BTW, I also read recently that the makers of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe are intending to stress the Christian aspects of the story in the film, ie: the Aslan/Jesus parallel.

In the book of course (and the animated film) there's that scene where they tie Aslan up and taunt him and shave off his mane, (right before killing him). Then he comes back to life later, hence the Christ theme.

BTW, Macaluso, the film is: Prince of Egypt. The other DW Bible film is Joseph: King of Dreams. :wink:
Hello, Mr....Kerns! I bad want money now. Me sick.
Ooh, he card reads good!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: October 22nd, 2004

Post by Macaluso » March 8th, 2005, 3:06 pm

ShyViolet wrote: BTW, Macaluso, the film is: Prince of Egypt. The other DW Bible film is Joseph: King of Dreams. :wink:
right right prince of egypt.
Nevertheless i loved that movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 243
Joined: November 1st, 2004
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by askmike1 » March 8th, 2005, 3:09 pm

Regardless of whether or not you're being shown what exactly Jesus went through (Who I agree is an extrodinary individual), you're still watching this guy get the every loving hell beat and whipped and stabbed out of him.
That's why this is not a comedy. This isn't a Jim Carey film or a musical, it is a dramatic film. The gore and beatings IS the film. The words and music doesn't matter (that's why it's in 2 dead languages), nor do the actors (you won't see a-list stars). The film is called the PASSION of the christ. "Passion: The sufferings of Jesus in the period following the Last Supper and including the Crucifixion, as related in the New Testament." This film is not misleading, and if you don't like this type of movie, just don't watch it.
Interesting, too, that the distributor is Newmarket Films, and not Fox...
It makes sence since Newmarket released the film originally. Why should Fox (or any other studio) get the money when they had no faith in the film. They thought it would fail and nobody would market it. Why should anyone else but Gibson's company get the money?
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

Banned
Banned
Posts: 143
Joined: October 26th, 2004

Post by Special_Ed » March 8th, 2005, 4:31 pm

I was not preaching. I was stating facts. If you want to ban talk of this movie you're just proving to those watching this site that you are anti-Christian here.

"And no discussion on my decision - just follow it! "

yes, Hitler


"It was said by G.K. Chesterton, a very quotable individual!"

Yes, and that makes him the authority of all religion.


"What I don't get is... this is going to be a cut version, with less violence? So, surely, that would give it a chance at being a PG-13 and being seen by more people?...Seems odd to me. Anything ever been released like this before? So strange that a film, with REDUCED blood, guts and gore would not get a better rating, or one at all (especially since it's already been issued). "

Not when the ratings people hate Jesus...


"I like my movies to be entertaining, not show a guy getting tortured the whole time. I don't CARE what the message is, I don't CARE what this movie is about. I KNOW what it's about, but I don't CARE."

and that's the problem. If you don't want to watch DON'T LOOK! It's that simple. But don't tell us what we can and cannot watch.


" BTW, I also read recently that the makers of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe are intending to stress the Christian aspects of the story in the film, ie: the Aslan/Jesus parallel. "

I was told Disney is doing the exact opposite.
Jesus is Lord! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: October 22nd, 2004

Post by Macaluso » March 8th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Special_Ed wrote: It's that simple. But don't tell us what we can and cannot watch.
:O OMG I WAZNT!!111

btw don't tell us that christianity is the "right" religion either ^_^ :-*

Banned
Banned
Posts: 143
Joined: October 26th, 2004

Post by Special_Ed » March 8th, 2005, 7:26 pm

"btw don't tell us that christianity is the "right" religion either ^_^ :-*"

Why? Because it is? In denial are we....
Jesus is Lord! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: October 22nd, 2004

Post by Macaluso » March 8th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Special_Ed wrote:"btw don't tell us that christianity is the "right" religion either ^_^ :-*"

Why? Because it is? In denial are we....
Because there is no way you, or anyone else, can ever know what the RIGHT religion is till you die. You can simply believe in a religion you THINK is right.
You really do not KNOW.

Jesus pancake flippin christ dude, you're not going to say "yes, I am right, you're just in denial" every time are you, because buddy... that makes you sound like an idiot.

Banned
Banned
Posts: 143
Joined: October 26th, 2004

Post by Special_Ed » March 8th, 2005, 7:55 pm

"Because there is no way you, or anyone else, can ever know what the RIGHT religion is till you die. You can simply believe in a religion you THINK is right.
You really do not KNOW. "

Yep, I really do know. The Bible is the only religious book, ancient book for that matter, supported by science, history, etc. Christianity is the only true religion and Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Go check out www.godsaidmansaid.com if you have doubts.


"... that makes you sound like an idiot."

Okay, doubter of your own religion....
Jesus is Lord! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: October 22nd, 2004

Post by Macaluso » March 8th, 2005, 7:59 pm

Special_Ed wrote:"Because there is no way you, or anyone else, can ever know what the RIGHT religion is till you die. You can simply believe in a religion you THINK is right.
You really do not KNOW. "

Yep, I really do know. The Bible is the only religious book, ancient book for that matter, supported by science, history, etc. Christianity is the only true religion and Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Go check out www.godsaidmansaid.com if you have doubts.


"... that makes you sound like an idiot."

Okay, doubter of your own religion....
That's ridiculous. Seriuosly. As are you. You really don't know.

pftthahahaha.

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry all.

Banned
Banned
Posts: 143
Joined: October 26th, 2004

Post by Special_Ed » March 8th, 2005, 8:09 pm

You're the ridiculous one here. You claim to believe but aren't sure. What are you gonna tell Jesus on the other side?

I know. No one can deny the truth but lots of people sure hsve a hard time handling it...like liberals, Muslims, Hindus, Budhists....
Jesus is Lord! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: October 22nd, 2004

Post by Macaluso » March 8th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Special_Ed wrote:You're the ridiculous one here. You claim to believe but aren't sure. What are you gonna tell Jesus on the other side?

I know. No one can deny the truth but lots of people sure hsve a hard time handling it...like liberals, Muslims, Hindus, Budhists....
I'm perfectly allowed to believe in God without having a religion.
What truth? You don't find out the truth till you are at a state where you can't PROVE to people living THAT it's the proof. Of course, I can't proove that either, just like you can't definitally prove beyond the words of some website or whoever else you care to site, that what I say is true, so we're just going around in circles.

What am I gonna tell jesus?
WHAT AM I GONNA TELL JESUS?!

"Dude... This place is friggen neat. Love what you've done with that cloud over there. Say... any chance you got a taco bell up here? Yes? YOU DO?! SWEET! Oh and by the way... Killer beard... Bet you're a hit with the ladies. What? WHAT? HOW MANY VIRGANS?! DUDE! GIVE ME A HIGH FIVE! Oh er uh... yeah, you're gonna have to bend down a little. You're really tall, heh..."

Oh ho ho. Oh, but seriously folks...

AV Team
AV Team
Posts: 3197
Joined: October 22nd, 2004

Post by Josh » March 8th, 2005, 9:06 pm

Let's please keep blasphemy out of the forum. Thank you.

Banned
Banned
Posts: 143
Joined: October 26th, 2004

Post by Special_Ed » March 8th, 2005, 10:06 pm

"'m perfectly allowed to believe in God without having a religion. "

You're who claimed you were Christian. No need to get angry.


"What truth? You don't find out the truth till you are at a state where you can't PROVE to people living THAT it's the proof. "

The truth of theBible can be proven therefore it is THE truth.


"Of course, I can't proove that either, just like you can't definitally prove beyond the words of some website or whoever else you care to site, that what I say is true, so we're just going around in circles. "

I only quote the Bible. The website I directed you features some articles that connects the dots.


"What am I gonna tell jesus?
WHAT AM I GONNA TELL JESUS?!

"Dude... This place is friggen neat. Love what you've done with that cloud over there. Say... any chance you got a taco bell up here? Yes? YOU DO?! SWEET! Oh and by the way... Killer beard... Bet you're a hit with the ladies. What? WHAT? HOW MANY VIRGANS?! DUDE! GIVE ME A HIGH FIVE! Oh er uh... yeah, you're gonna have to bend down a little. You're really tall, heh..." "

Have you no shame?
Jesus is Lord! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: October 22nd, 2004

Post by Macaluso » March 8th, 2005, 10:17 pm

- I never said I was christian. I said my family was christian.
- I don't believe the bible is word for word the truth
- no
- I said nothing there that I feel ashamed of.

- This argument is stupid as it's just going around in cirlces so i'm ending it here back on topic.

Banned
Banned
Posts: 143
Joined: October 26th, 2004

Post by Special_Ed » March 8th, 2005, 11:22 pm

And how does having a Christian family allow you to mock Jesus?

If you'd get your head out of your ass and actually look into it you'd find the Bible is word for word fact but you're too full of fear of the Word to do so because that's not trendy....
Jesus is Lord! :)

Post Reply