Passion of the Christ

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
Banned
Banned

Passion of the Christ rating

Post by Special_Ed » March 9th, 2005, 12:33 am

Hmmmm....must be something wrong with the forum. The thread disappeared....either that or a certain nameless Jesus hater removd it. You pick. I'm emailing my contacts right now to report this.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 9th, 2005, 12:35 am

As stated earlier:
James wrote:If we can't discuss this movie without preaching about one's personal beliefs or without insulting other members' religious beliefs then we won't discuss this movie at all.
This thread is now closed.
Special_Ed wrote:
James wrote:"And no discussion on my decision - just follow it! "
yes, Hitler
Because you were doing so well staying on topic and not being too insulting, I had stopped watching your posts. With this incident (which includes name calling, ignoring moderator requests, and use of foul language which you yourself used to complain about) consider yourself back on probation. Any further incidents will result with you being banned. You've been given so many second chances. Don't blow your last one.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » March 9th, 2005, 12:53 am

You're going to report us because you can't find a thread?

http://animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » March 9th, 2005, 2:22 am

Relax, Chrissy. I was just testin' yas. :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 9th, 2005, 6:07 am

Because you kept letting the topic go horribly off topic, and spewing bullcrap the entire time. There was no way I WASN'T going to reply back to some of the stupid stupid things you were saying, so bam. It got locked to stop the argument.

Banned
Banned

Post by Special_Ed » March 9th, 2005, 8:08 am

Okay, nigger. There you go again talking out your ass. You are so full of Christ hate that you're turning red in the face. Embrace the love, obey the Word, read your Bible, follow Jesus. Them's be da facts, cracker!

As for locked thhreads, anothr double standard. You be da guy who posted all the inflamatory crap and I'm the one being monitured. We fuck that! You double standard Christian hating politically correct James Hitler!!!!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 9th, 2005, 8:17 am

Ed, you have been banned from this forum.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 9th, 2005, 8:57 am

:shock:

That's all I have to say about that outburst of "passion".

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » March 9th, 2005, 1:56 pm

I'm... I'm confused.

*looks at Ed's post*
*looks at my white skin color*
*ponders for a moment*

;_;

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wolf Tooth » March 9th, 2005, 2:08 pm

... ... ...

All I wanted was information on The Passion Recut.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » March 9th, 2005, 7:23 pm

In this article, Mel Gibson explains why he is releasing a cut version of The Passion: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2005 ... 56000.html.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 9th, 2005, 7:32 pm

I have reopened this thread and merged the other Passion thread into it. Please stay on topic.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 9th, 2005, 9:21 pm

I haven't seen the film but from what I've read wouldn't it be kind of intense for kids even w/out the cut material? The movie is all about Jesus' crucifixion, basically, and seeing someone crucified in that realistic a manner, even with a little less blood, is still pretty traumatic. I know it's Christ and all, but the film doesn't really talk about his miracles or his life/childhood/etc...I just think it still might be too intense for kids. (even older kids, like 12-16)

Mel should have thought have of all that before, when he was still making his movie! You can't just cut six minutes from a film and call it a different film. If Mel wanted children to see the film, he should have included more of Christ's teachings, etc....and not just the endless violence.

Plus, even if you cut some blood parts out, just seeing thethe Roman Guards' cruelty would be very upsetting for any kid. I know I didn't see the film, so I'm sorry if I sound uninformed, (or if I offended anyone.)
Just trying to think of children's well-being.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by askmike1 » March 9th, 2005, 9:58 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I haven't seen the film but from what I've read wouldn't it be kind of intense for kids even w/out the cut material?

That's where the parental discretion would come in.
Mel should have thought have of all that before, when he was still making his movie! You can't just cut six minutes from a film and call it a different film. If Mel wanted children to see the film, he should have included more of Christ's teachings, etc....and not just the endless violence.
$377+million, I'm sure he's not that disappointed. :wink:
-Michael
[url=http://www.mainstreetword.com]MSW[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Passion of the Christ

Post by Daniel » January 16th, 2023, 3:48 pm

Sequel reportedly begins filming in the next few months.