Which upcoming Disney sequel are you most anticipating?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links

Which upcoming Disney sequel are you most anticipating?

Tarzan II
18%
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
29%
Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest
29%
Kronk’s New Groove
24%

Total votes: 17

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 28th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Sorry Ben, but I can't and won't say anymore. Does it really matter?

Soo... Sequels eh? Aren't they nice sometimes? :P
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2005, 9:31 am

No, it doesn't really matter.

But as someone in the industry and as someone who runs a site that wants to be studio friendly, I'd rather not condone anything that wasn't gotten through proper channels.

I'm not saying what you have is a bootleg or illegal, but it's obviously not a genuine release either!

However, let's get back on topic please, and center on the four options given in the poll: Tarzan II, Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch, Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest and Kronk’s New Groove.

Hey, what about Brother Bear II? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 30th, 2005, 12:04 pm

"Brother Bear II" is just gonna be a pilot for the TV show, right?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » April 30th, 2005, 12:05 pm

I wanted to include some more sequels in the choices, starting with Cinderella III. However, whenever I would hit the 'Submit' button, only the first four choices would appear.

About Brother Bear II, I am kind of eager to see it, though I would rather see further adventures of Kenai and Koda, rather than the rumored CGI prequel of Rutt and Tuke.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 30th, 2005, 12:07 pm

CGI prequel WHAT?!?!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 30th, 2005, 12:36 pm

mr. squarepants wrote:...rather than the rumored CGI prequel of Rutt and Tuke.
Ugh :roll:

I was kinda joking about BB2, as I think the thread works very well based on the titles that are coming out sooner rather than later or in production.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » April 30th, 2005, 1:05 pm

Ben wrote:
mr. squarepants wrote:...rather than the rumored CGI prequel of Rutt and Tuke.
Ugh :roll:
Was your reaction directed toward the BB2 idea or my mentioning of it, Ben? I know it sounds crazy, but I read somewhere that BB2 may take a Lion King 1 1/2 turn, only this time going the CGI route. I just can't remember where I read it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 1st, 2005, 3:44 pm

If it's a prequel with Rutt and Tuke, and made in CGI, then it's a rubbish idea and will make a rubbish film.

Brother Bear is no-where in the league of mega-watched, popluar films that have been seen so many times by so many people that an "also-quel" would work.

Plus, going the CGI route is lame. And didn't they already take the mickey (no pun intended) out of the picture on the audio comm?

I'd much prefer a proper sequel, if there has to be one (and I actually think BB played out its story and ended there and then, no need).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 1st, 2005, 11:13 pm

All I can say is if they make anything they better make it good. Brother Bear is one of the most neatly wrapped up Disney movies there is.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hennie » May 3rd, 2005, 11:16 am

Can't wait till they make Cinderella 8 :wink: :evil: :evil:
[url=http://www.disneyinfo.nl/forum/profiler.php?uid=2]My Disney Collectie[/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 3rd, 2005, 1:36 pm

Mermaid III, AristoCats II and Fox And The Hound II are just a few more on the cards.

I've also heard Basil The Mouse Tec is being considered as well as Hercules for a proper sequel.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » May 3rd, 2005, 1:49 pm

If only previous sequels were given a better treatment like these will have... I really wished Hunchback of the Notre Dame or other classic movies got a better sequel than what they have now... IF they really have to get one.

Cinderella III will probably finally be a good sequel for the classic movie. I'm looking forward to The Little Mermaid III too.
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » May 3rd, 2005, 2:12 pm

II, II, III, II, III....

Boring...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » May 3rd, 2005, 2:45 pm

Ok, KinOO made a remark on sequels! Stop all production! :?

If you don't like them... IGNORE THEM.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 3rd, 2005, 3:50 pm

Kinoo wrote:II, II, III, II, III....

Boring...
No offense, but you can't really judge Disney about that too much, though, since every studio is guilty of that. Nonetheless, I agree with you that it would be nice if the sequels received more original titles.