Which upcoming Disney sequel are you most anticipating?

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links

Tarzan II
18%
Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch
29%
Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest
29%
Kronk’s New Groove
24%

Total votes: 17

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by mr. squarepants » April 18th, 2005, 6:46 pm

Which of the above Disney animated sequels are you most most looking forward to?

My pic: Bambi and the Great Prince of Forest. I am eager to see if it is as good as some behind-the-scenes talk says it is.

However, Kronk's New Groove isn't far behind on my anticipation meter. I am very curious about this project, just to find out what it's about.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by taguirre69 » April 18th, 2005, 7:31 pm

I am excited for Lilo & Stitch 2. I am a huge fan of the first one and I hope the humor continues in the second. I was not a fan of the tv show, but now it has grown on me.

Next it would have to be Tarzan 2 because it does not have to do with a son/daughter in the sequel. I am glad they are taking a different route with this one.
We're dead! We're dead! We survived but we're dead!
-The Dash from The Incredibles

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 19th, 2005, 8:50 am

Well, Tarzan and Bambi take the same route: the "middle years", skipping over those areas of their lead characters lives in the originals BECAUSE WE DID NOT NEED TO SEE THEM!!

That said, Bambi looks interesting and well done, while I am VERY disappointed that Tarzan isn't a true sequel, where Tarzan goes to London in the books (too close to Pocahontas I guess, which is a real shame).

At least Lilo And Stitch, and the Kronk movie are true follow-ups, and out of both, I'm hoping on Lilo And Stitch, mainly because I expect the animation to be better, given New Groove's more cartoony feel and my worry that they may use the TV animation crowd as opposed to DisneyToon.

So while I am very interested to see what they've cooked up for Kronk (I loved New Groove), I guess it's a tie between Lilo And Stitch and Bambi.

More thinking required... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 19th, 2005, 4:41 pm

Kronk and L&S2

Emporer's New Groove was SO friggen funny. And Kronk was definitally one of the best characters. So I can't wait to see what they do next.

Lilo & Stitch II... well, for me, it all depends on if the animation isn't going to suck.

I really wish they'd put EFFORT into these sequels though, so they can be released theatrically.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 19th, 2005, 5:12 pm

Kronk forever!!! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 19th, 2005, 8:13 pm

I rank them like this for me:

1. Tie between Bambi and Lilo
2. Kronk
3. Tarzan II

They all seem like they will at least be worth a rental.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2005, 12:14 pm

The Tarzan II trailer on the upcoming Pocahontas DVD is a little...disappointing. :(

Adequate DTV level animation is spliced together with animation that, while it has individual color lines, looks very much like the Disney TV style - all thick outlines and dodgy character movement.

The rest looks good - lush backgrounds, quality expressions, but that new character Tarzan links up with (some kind of uncle?) is just animated really wobbly.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » April 20th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Kronk, I don't care for the others. I love New Groove so much that I am willing to cave into a sequel (and if it means more Kronk, all I can say is: "bring it on") I read somewhere Mark Dindal approved of the sequel, he said it was funny and exactly what he had in mind for his characters. Either he is serious or gets paid to say that. So since Walt isn't around anymore to give the 'OK' on Bambi.... and Tarzan and Lilo really dont need sequels in my opinion, I'm all for Kronk.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 20th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Why is everyone so against Tarzan II? I really liked the Sneak Peek at the official site. I saw that the movie will be emotional and funny (2 of the 3 needed things). The only thing that I missed was a spectacular moment (the 3rd thing needed). All a movie needs is these 3 things and some personal connection with an event in the movie. Then this movie will be one of the better sequels. I already saw that the animation looks very nice (not sure what you are talking about Ben) altough in some scenes the backgrounds are not as detailed as in others. I'm wondering if they used deep canvas for some scenes in the sneak peek?
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » April 20th, 2005, 2:41 pm

I am looking forward to Tarzan II also. Can't wait to hear Phil Collins' new songs for it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 20th, 2005, 5:45 pm

I meant what I said: the "crazy gorilla uncle" character seems to have been animated by the TV crew, with thicker outlines and simpler, wobblier movement.

The indvidual color lines refers to the outlines the characters are drawn in. Mostly in animated films they are black, but some detailed films have them individually coloured (Pinocchio was the first to do this).

So, even though it has individual color lines, the animation - in some shots - looks very Disney TV style, while other shots look like the better DTV level we've seen of late.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jens » April 21st, 2005, 12:59 am

That's strange... I heard that the TV crew you're talking about had Pooh's Heffalump movie as their final project? If you do mean the external companies that did animation for the DisneyToon Studios on most DTV features.
[url=http://www.disneydatabase.com]The Disney Database[/url] - All the Disney Magic in 1 site!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » April 21st, 2005, 1:25 am

I meant what I said: the "crazy gorilla uncle" character seems to have been animated by the TV crew, with thicker outlines and simpler, wobblier movement.
I, too, noticed that the lines on the uncle looked kind of cheap while everything else looked pretty good.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 21st, 2005, 11:38 am

Yeah - that's basically what I mean.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » April 21st, 2005, 3:08 pm

the entire design looks cheap IMO. In the original film, most of the ape were designed to resemble apes... this one is way more human and cartoony, completely out of place. I also thought that when I was watching the trailer, it felt like the movie is a stretched version of the "Son of Man" sequence from the original. Completely uninteresting to me for some reason.